Useing a condom?

Discussion in 'General Sex Discussion' started by pagusas, Jun 5, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pagusas

pagusas New Member

My Gf and I are planning on having sex for the first time, and we are trying to decide on if i should wear a condom. i personaly do not want to because i want us to have a full connection, all natural. She does take Birth control, and has been on it for a long time. We both have had very recent doctor check ups for Aid's and STD's and both came out clean as can be. She also does not want me to wear one, but we both know that Birth control is only 99% effective, and that 1% does bother me a tad bit. Knowing that we are both perfectly clean in heath, does it seem like it would be ok to not use a condom? I am a virgin, so right now i'm trying to educate my self on sex as much as i can. Thank you all in advance.

2. elevation24

elevation24 New Member

If she's on birth control it's not too big of an issue. What method of birth control is she on? If she's using her birth control 100% correctly you should not have a problem, the chances are low of her getting pregnant.

If you're really concerned, get the MAP (morning after pill). It is basically just a high dosage version of the birth control pill, and it will prevent pregnancy or end it if it has occured (some people believe that's wrong and call it abortion.. whatever). It can only be taken within 72 hours after having sex.

3. Giancarlo

Giancarlo New Member

There are also different times of the month when she is more suspectible in getting pregnant, you might want to consider that. But I don't know.. maybe somebody else in here is more knowing then me about the issue.

4. ramtuf49

ramtuf49 New Member

Condoms are definitely not 100% against pregnancy. My wife and I have been in a swinging relationship with another couple who are really good friends of ours. It has worked out really well except one thing. I am fixed and therefor cannot give her kids. Which means she is not on birth control. Our first weekend with this couple was spent on a weekend getaway. Although he wore a condom each time with my wife things went wrong. No condoms ever broke so apparently there was some spillage around the back of the condom which transferred to her. It was obvious from seeing other activities that he is a very heavy cummer on his first go. Anyway, my wife ended up pregnant even using condoms and the spillage theory is all we can come up with. So don't trust them 100%.

5. jiggy

jiggy New Member

Two Methods Is Better Than One!!!!!!

6. AndyC

AndyC Banned

Nothing is ever 100% even two methods. If she's on the pill then the chances are going to be fairly low for pregnancy anyway. The only safer methods would be an implant of some kind or the snip.

However having run sexual health clinics I always advocate the use of condoms regardless of birth control for the first 6 months of any sexual relationship simply because of protection from sexual diseases. After 6 months if u're still seeing each other and trust that u're sexually exclusive to each other then it's probably okay to come off them.

If u're both confident about your sexual health and don't want to use one, well that's personal choice. I'm not casting any aspersions about your gf.. just that sometimes u have to think about yourself first.. especially in this day and age.

7. hrddck

hrddck New Member

i agree

8. MikeDog

MikeDog New Member

I agree with jiggy, use both. The condoms might help you last a little longer too.

9. yorkiesmurf

yorkiesmurf New Member

Please note my response is based on the information that you have provided in your posting.

Nothing is 100%, every form of birth control has a risk associated with it and even if you are using more than one form the risk is still there. If you are not ready to deal with the chance that you may become a parent everytime you have sex then you are not ready to have sex.

Provided she is taking her birth control pill as prescribed and does not miss a day the risk that she would become pregnant is minimal. Even if you used a condom it would only add marginal protection but the choice really comes down to what the two of you decided is your best option.

10. Auris

Auris New Member

Use condoms!!!

If you love your GF never ask her to take any kind of pills.

11. Puss_in_boots

Puss_in_boots Adminatrix
    Gold Member

This thread is four years old and is therefore closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.