Uproar festival...anyone going?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by sandwich, Sep 10, 2012.

1. sandwich

Gold Member

I was just wondering if anyone has been to the Uproar Festival or if they have plans to.

If you don't know what I mean, it is a rock/metal concert festival featuring various bands, including Staind. I can't get any one of my numerous friends to go with me, so if you've been or are going, I would love to hear about it.

My female friends have no interest in anything the least bit metally (I just invented a new word there), and the guys I know that would get into this sort of thing all have gfs or wives. It is driving me crazy that I can't go because this is my favorite genre of music, and I love love love Staind.

None of the remaining venues are anywhere near me so if I were going there would be a road trip or maybe even a plane ride involved, and I would do that in a minute. I thought about going myself, but then there is the problem of drunk guys and my hair. A lone female at a music festival that is not featuring the muppets does not sound too safe to me.

Shinedown and Godsmack will be there too as well as others. For the ladies out there who like a guy with a guitar, I can recommend a look at Godsmack's Cryin' Like a Bitch. It's a great song, and if something like that landed on my front step in the middle of the night because the broadcast waves of my desire were so intense that he came calling, I would positively pass out. The only thing that would revive me would be a little cum on my lips and tongue.

2. xzxw

xzxw New Member

I'm not, and not just because I'm in school. I'm not into the bands that play Uproar, but I do enjoy Godsmack. I'm into classic thrash metal, groove metal, New Wave of British Heavy Metal, and some death metal and melodic death metal. As for safety, its got a lot to do with what venue you go to. I went to Mayhem 2011 with a female friend who apparently was extremely creepily hit on by several men while I was in the bathroom for maybe 2 minutes, and she wouldn't let me leave her side. In August I went to see Cannibal Corpse with a different female friend and nobody hit on her. It just varies. I also like to mention this little nugget of information whenever someone mentions Cryin' Like A Bitch, which is that song was written about Motley Crue because Godsmack were shocked at how whinny they were, especially Nikki Sixx.

3. sandwich

Gold Member

I am so glad you shared that...I had no idea because I don't follow Godsmack like I do some other bands.

Please tell me about melodic death metal too.

Once I was at an outdoor concert festival featuring primarily rock that went on into some very late hours. Getting out of the parking lot was pretty crazy, and we were waiting, two of us on a blanket, and two of us in a little car. Others around us were doing the same thing. I was on the blanket laying down, and my friend fell asleep on the blanket, and my friends in the car were sleeping too. There were some guys pretty close to us who must have assumed I was asleep too because they were talking very plainly about what they would like to do to me. It was pretty scary, but they left me alone.

4. xzxw

xzxw New Member

Melodic death metal is pretty much death metal with the blast beats, growled and usually gory lyrics, but with a massive injection of melody. I listen to Arch Enemy. They blend melody and brutality quite well, plus their singer is easy on the eyes.

After my friends experience of being hit on, I wouldn't leave a female friend alone at a concert. To many drunk guys with lowered intelligence who think that every woman wants them. EDIT: But than again, I am overprotective of my friends.

#4 xzxw, Sep 10, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2012
  5. sandwich

Gold Member

You know, I've never liked death metal so much, but I am intrigued and will check it out. Some of my favorite music includes songs that someone else told me about that I might not have otherwise bothered with.

I'm watching The Voice, and if they had someone who did anything even a little bit mentally I would thrilled.

6. Spurtacus

Spurtacus Member

that sounds like a pretty stellar show. where are you from? ill go with ya :p

7. xzxw

xzxw New Member

If I may suggest songs, try Nemesis, Yesterday is Dead and Gone, or for sheer melody without vocals give Snow Bound, Anthem or Hybrids of Steel a shot.

8. sandwich

Gold Member

I'm on Eastern time in the US...that is the most specific I get...sorry. And thanks for the offer, and this has nothing to do with you specifically, but we would have to already be friends for us to go together. But it is nice that someone here took the time to show an interest. If you end up going it would be great if you shared the experience.

9. sandwich

Gold Member

Thanks x!