Upbringing and Feelings About Sex

Discussion in 'General Sex Discussion' started by Wildwoman59, Feb 3, 2012.

1. Wildwoman59

Wildwoman59 New Member

Two questions:

How did your upbringing affect your beliefs and feelings about sex?

How have these beliefs and feelings changed as you've gotten older?

2. easytwist

easytwist New Member

Interesting question. Many of my friends growing up came from fairly strict, religious upbringings, and their attitudes toward sex and sexuality in general were a lot different than mine. I come from a fairly liberal family myself. My parents are European, and their feelings about sex and nudity reflected that. We never looked at sex as a dirty or ugly thing. Its natural. But my friends that came from stricter families seemed to think they had to go out and grab everything they can before it was too late. It showed in the way they took to alcohol as well. My sibblings had no problem drinking in front of our parents - I'd have a beer at dinner when I was 15,16, while my friends would be out getting wasted and trying to hide it at home.

I really don't think my attitudes have changed much. I'll probably take the same approach with my kids as well.

3. Everett_Spair

Everett_Spair Member

My parents have never talked about or taught me anything about sex.
    So I guess they haven't had any influence at all. For good or worse.

I have simply taught myself about human sexuality as good as I could.
    I feel sex is something natural that everyone should do on a regular basis in whichever form they desire.

4. cbrmale

Gold Member

My parents were partly asexual and both were uncomfortable talking about sex. I did the usual sex education in secondary school, which was mostly about the biology of sex, but at this time both religion and sex changed dramatically in my country. In 1970 Australia was largely Christian and sex was surpressed, by 1975 when I finished secondary school, religion was finished and anything consensual was fair game as far as sex goes. The sexual revolution finished religion: Christianity was saying 'no, no, no', but it was too pleasurable to not have sex with whoever wanted to have sex with you! Also, separating sex from marriage meant there were no more inappropriate marriages in order for couples to have sex. So the Christian anti-sex stand led to its downfall.

For example, prostitution was de-criminalised in 1982. This is consistent with the great social change that was in process from the mid 1970s onwards.

I grew up with casual sex being common from late secondary school, right up until Aids about 10 years later. So I had many partners, learned a lot, taught a lot and generally had a pleasurable time.

5. 12barblues

Gold Member

i was raised by a pack of wild dingos......which, now that i think about it.....makes perfect sense... would also explain why i keep trying to lick myself....

6. Wildwoman59

Wildwoman59 New Member

LOL - yeah, I kind of had the feeling you were... :phat

7. aaustin93

aaustin93 New Member

If you care for your diet and have some physical exercises daily for example cardio is very helpful to maintain you younger in all aspects as well as sex.

8. backcheck64

Gold Member

I was raised in a catholic household where sex was for procreations and not discussed. Because of that... I was nailing every hot blonde I could get my hands on from early on.