Unusual bleeding and pain? (please read!)

Discussion in 'General Sex Discussion' started by Nuggets, Sep 13, 2007.

1. Nuggets

Nuggets New Member

My girlfriend is experiencing very unusual and intense pain and bleeding. She says she noticed slight discomfort at first (I think she said earlier today) and then she noticed after she urinated that there was a little bit of blood. Now tonight she has been in a lot of pain which I think she compared to a UTI but more intense. She bled a lot the last time she tried to pee and she said she didn't even think any urine came out or just a small amount. She is in an extreme amount of pain right now and we're thinking of going to the ER tonight if they could possibly help us. We have had sex just like regular couples do and we are always safe with condoms, proper foreplay, nothing weird or crazy, etc.

My girlfriend seems to be prone to having UTIs even though we're always VERY safe. She used to get them before we even started dating and having sex. She had one in the spring when we were together that ended up going away like normal. She went to the doctor, had whatever tests done, and so forth. They said it was a UTI and it went away.

What worries us is that she has had quite a few of these, however. I feel like she probably has had more than the average woman, unless someone could feed me a statistic about UTIs and bleeding. But what is going on right now seems to be a lot worse. We have sex pretty regularly which is almost every day. Sometimes lately we have had it twice a day, but that is only a couple of times recently.

Has anyone ever experienced this after what some people would consider "a lot" of sex? Does anyone know what could be causing this? Anyone know what would help her feel better temporarily? Do you think we should go to the ER tonight? She is in so much pain and I am worried to death about her.

She has been in the shower because that is making her feel slightly better and she noticed that a small blood clot came out. :(

Sorry if this thread is all jumbled and stuff. My hands are all shakey for I am nervous and my thoughts might not be coming out very clearly at the moment. Please respond to this thread if you could be of any advice. :(

2. melicious

melicious The Old Maid
    Gold Member

I say YES to the emergency room. Immediately. Better safe than sorry, and certainly better for both of your comfort. Go, and let us know what you find out.

3. Kronnie

Kronnie Banned

Good luck and i hope your SO comes out well and its nothing to worry about :)

4. Melissa29

Melissa29 New Member

YES emergency room IMMEDIATELY...

When you get back:)

So... have you thought of maybe not having sex? At least for a while... I mean it seems, from what you have said, that it is causing her pain... leading to UTIs or whatever is going on... so... um... stop? Am I totally missing something? Sex = pain and blood... so stop having sex? :) Or at least penetrative... I assume this wasnt a problem before you started having sex?

But yes, seek medical attention immediately. There are only certain set times that blood should come out of a vagina, and this is not one of them.

5. bighiker2003

bighiker2003 Banned

Definetly, Probably a UTI but it could be a stone.
    Whatever it needs treated, And the amount of sex you had
    has nothing to do with it.

Hiker

6. Firecracker

Firecracker New Member

Yes, definitely go to the ER. To me it sounds like a kidney stone. I've had several. I had the same symptoms you're girlfriend is describing. A lot of the time kidney stones pass on their own but sometimes they require surgery.(Such as in my case) Wish you all the best! Please let us know what you find out.

7. jgood4u

jgood4u New Member

I hope you got to the ER by now...

A stone is a practical suggestion. What did you learn at the ER?

One common cause of UTI's in women is from the introduction of fecal matter into the urinary tract (she got poop in her pee hole). The usual cause is from a incorrect wiping habit where the woman wipes from the back to the front, bringing the fecal mater from her anal tract and introducing it as she passes it over her urinary meatus (pee hole). The proper way for a women to wipe, is from front to back as her urine is very sterile and will not cause an infection going in that direction. Be sure to dispose of the wipe on the first pass after contacting the anal area. Use a new wipe for each pass.

Other paths might include sitting in bath water, or the use of a towel after a bath or shower. Look for any thing that contacts the anal region just before the vulva area, or would be fluid as it contacts both areas. Menstrual pads and panties could be a conveyor. Anal sex where the object inserted into the anus is then placed into the vagina without being cleaned or replaced would certainly be a conveyor of disease.

Some women's anatomy is more prone to this kind of infection then others are.

8. loveit247

Gold Member

It is heamorattic cystis. I get them all the time. Nasty and painful. She will need a course of anti-biotics.

9. espresso

espresso New Member

Any update on this? Interested to hear what it was.

10. Nuggets

Nuggets New Member

Hey everyone,

Sorry it took me so long to get back to you on this. Also, thank you all so much for viewing my thread and the input that you gave. It means a lot to me. :)

So... it ended up being a UTI - a "bad" one. The doctor said my SO's urine sample was "horrible," being really high in white blood cell count and all. We were there until around 2 in the morning once they found out that she wasn't pregnant and didn't have an STI. (I think they probably pushed us to the back of the list because it wasn't a severe "emergency" or whatever) The doctor said that UTIs like this are actually quite common in some women and others hardly ever get them.

They prescribed her antibiotics and some other random crap. She has been on them since last thursday night or whenever I posted this thread. She was doing better for a few days, but then she came down with a cold and now she is enjoying her time of the month. I feel terrible for her because it's like her body is shutting down on her all at once. :( But she will be back to 100% soon. The cold is getting better and the period will only be for a few more days.

I really hope our having lots of sex isn't causing her UTIs. We enjoy an amazing, perfect, and wonderful sex life. It seems as though when she got one of these last year (which wasn't as severe), it was around a time when we were engaging in intercourse pretty frequently. We keep ourselves clean and do everything we should do.

In any case, I'm looking forward to her full recovery and I am thankful for everyone's concern. This is a great community which I will remain a part of for a very long time. Maybe I'll stop being so shy sometime.

Thanks everyone. :bow

11. Bluesy

Gold Member

I'm glad that it wasn't anything more serious and that she's feeling better now :) You're obviously a very caring bf (no wonder the two of you enjoy such an awesome sex life ;)); she's very fortunate to have you! Please do stick around and make yourself at home, luv.

12. HardRocker

Gold Member

Whenever I've got a bacterial infection (not necessarily UTI), I always ask the doctor to tell me what the specific name of the pathogen was. Is it viral or bacterial. Learn about it and you'll get a better idea where it may have originated, such as the shower, or swimming pool. Many are waterborne, and others can be found in places like pets and so on. That sort of knowledge can help prevent re-infection.
    I'm glad you nipped it.

13. HardRocker

Gold Member

Bluesy, you always have the best avatars. I always have to stop and stare because you always have the hottest legs.

14. angelbaby

angelbaby New Member

bleeding

I had the same problems for about 4 years,until a doctor did a laposcopy.The doctor found I have intersitial cystitis.Your girl needs to get to an ob/gyn,because whether a uti or what I have(laymen terms is chronic pelvic pain),is dangerous if left untreated.

15. loveit247

Gold Member

Listen man, if I have loads of sex and rough sex I get the same sort of UTI. In fact I have never had any other kind.
    My doc told me to always urinate straight after sex to flush out any bacteria that has been pushed back into the urethra. Works wonders. Have not had another one since I started doing that.

16. Puss_in_boots

Puss_in_boots Adminatrix
    Gold Member

I once had a UTI that was so bad that if I had waited one more day before going to the doctor it would have turned into an acute kidney infection. I put off going to the doctor because I (along with millions of Americans) had no medical insurance, so I thought I'd try to cure it myself with water and cranberry juice. However, I just kept getting sicker and sicker until I had no choice but to go to the doctor.

I always urinate before and after sex and it really does help. I've had only one relatively mild UTI since that really bad one.

17. cook74

Gold Member

My SO's the same. It interrupts post play but it does work :)