Two friends are arguing. I'm torn.

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Jayce, Aug 31, 2006.

1. Jayce

Gold Member

A couple whom my girlfriend and I hooked up 3 years ago is arguing back and forth now. She made out with a guy who wasn't exactly her boyfriend Andrew while she was completely trashed. She was so remorseful over the entire thing, and believes it was a tremendous mistake that will never be repeated again because she has stopped drinking.

She believes it's okay that she continues to talk to the guy she made out with. She claims they both talked about it, realized it was wrong in every way possible, and wants to just lock it in the past and move on with life with her boyfriend Andrew and her friend Mark.

Would you see this to be okay? I mean in reality, Andrew can't do shit but trust her, besides telling her "hey I really don't like you talking to him." But what would you think? Would this be okay, especially if both of them demonstrated shame and vowed that it was a huge mistake that won't be repeated? I don't really know what to tell him, but one side of me is like "dude you can't control her" and yet another one is like "what the hell?"

2. melicious

melicious The Old Maid
    Gold Member

We all make mistakes. We all make bad choices. Adults who love each other learn from them and move on. That's where trust comes in.

3. Jayce

Gold Member

Yeah, I agree. To be honest I think they need a "break." They'd both benefit from it... her realizing there's more important things in life, such as her caring boyfriend, and him to realize that AGAIN there are more important things in life than worrying about who your girlfriend is hanging out with.

4. melicious

melicious The Old Maid
    Gold Member

Could be true. And a break, with the right intent, is not a bad idea.

5. Jayce

Gold Member

Yeah. A break kinda like... okay, we're not broken up so don't go sleeping around, BUT don't call me for a few weeks and we'll be back together.

I mean I think it's a guy thing to be like well wtf stay away from him. But hell, I came 2 inches from kissing my girlfriend's friend, and she knows about it and was like whaaaaaaaaatever life goes on.

6. Puss_in_boots

Puss_in_boots Adminatrix
    Gold Member

If it only went as far as making out then there's no need to make a big deal out of it. Lots of women become very uninhibited sexually when they are drunk. I know because I'm one of them. :brow I've made out with guys who I'd normally consider my friends when I've had a few.

7. bluenavigator

bluenavigator New Member

Made me wish that I am in Sweden and doing bar-hopping and meet Puss and make out with her! LOL Oh my bad! :dgrin

8. Motley Fan

Motley Fan New Member

This is going to depend on how strong the relationship is and what kind of person the boyfriend is. It may be something he can never get past. If so, the girl probably needs to cut and run.

If he can get past this then, I think maybe she and the guy she made out with should distance themselves from each other long enough for what damage took place to be repaired. The I don't see a problem with re-knewing the friendship.