Turning a friendship into a relationship

Discussion in 'Sex and Relationships' started by Hirgy, May 30, 2007.

1. Hirgy

Hirgy New Member

Hey all.

I'm a young lad who is new to the dating scene and seeking your advice on a matter that has been bugging me all day. I met a girl almost two weeks ago, she in fact initiated conversation and exchanged contact information and all. We met up for an outdoor activity last week and that went very well, there wasn't much flirting but there was a lot of "getting to know each other" kinda talk. However, I was able to tell that she is very much interested in me. Anyhow, we met up yesterday again and had a very nice, almost romantic walk in the beach. We got to know each other a bit more, and she seemed like she was waiting for me to make my move, but I didn't. The outing was coming close to a conclusion, and I felt horrible for not doing my move, so in desperation and when we were slightly on topic I told her, "You're intelligent and beautiful, and that I want to turn this friendship into a relationship" ... not very smooth I think, but her response bugged me just a bit, "I like to go with the flow. Do you know what I mean? I'm not very good with words." and then she talked about how her past boyfriends hurt her, used her, etc.. was hoping some of our female members might be able to interpret/translate that response for me to something that I can understand. Thank you and much love!!!!!! :)

Oh yeah, what should I do or say next time I see her to remedy this situation, if it is needed.