Trying to have a kid

Discussion in 'Sex and Relationships' started by surreal_thoughts, Jun 4, 2014.

1. surreal_thoughts

Gold Member

So Mrs. Surreal and I have been in talks about trying to have one kid, maybe a second down the line, but I never really wanted a kid. After meeting my new neighbors and seeing their little son, it made me change my outlook and am now much more open to having one.

So we started over a month ago. Mrs. Surreal was a bit late with her monthly visitor so we got excited only to have 3 tests show up negative and she had a mild visitor. It's prime time now to start again but Mrs. Surreal has been working double shifts and late hours and I'm in bed already asleep by the time she gets home. We hope tonight she gets home early and we can try again.

Now I was really bummed out about the negative result. I'm the type that looks for and expects positive out comes in all that I set out to do. Grant it neither of us have any issues with creating a child, our PCP told us we are both a bit over weight (where not sloppy big, but we could both should loose a few pounds) and it could hinder the process. Is this a pretty accurate statement/fact?

Has anyone else been out there in the same boat? Did it take quite some time for the moment to happen when the test showed up positive? We really wanted to her to conceive around this time frame so we could of have a February baby or March/April.

P.S. I'm really hoping that when it DOES happen, out first one will be a boy so I can have a little buddy :)

boobjob likes this.
  2. boobjob

Verified Gold Member

Sorry, Both my Sons were results of the first month of trying. Of course we, we fucked like crazy when she was ovulating.

here is a link on some hints and suggestions. http://www.babycenter.com/0_how-to-get-pregnant-fast_10337115.bc
    I like #4: "Enjoy the process." That might be the one that worked for my wife and I . We had been using condoms so it was fun to give them up. We (OK really just me) were a little disappointed to get pregnant right away. We didn't have too much sex the first trimester due to morning sickness but getting pregnant was a lot of fun!

3. oldkid

Remember who I am... Does she get a 15 minute break at work so she can visit the parking lot? LOL Doggystyle.gif

Now I'm gonna be in the shit. I can almost predict what direction it will come from.

boobjob likes this.
  4. AGFUNK

Gold Member

Don't have sex just to conceive, it will take a toll on both of you if you do. Also both my husband and I are a little overweight and it took three years to conceive little guy. Don't put pressure on yourselves. It will happen when it happens. I would suggest reading a lot about babies and what to expect during pregnancy and the first year after your child/ren are born. It will change your lives a lot. Reading through the groups on babycenter will help a lot.

lbushwalker and boobjob like this.
  5. HotForHoney

Gold Member

I wanted to get pregnant so bad. Took my temp daily. After 3-4 months started getting down. 5th month I got my period. I was crying hysterically. Ex called his friends wife to calm me down. We talked, ex and I talked. Decided to just let it happen. 6th month, I was late....9 months.

I know weight puts a toll on most aspects of health. Maybe to take your mind off "sex for procreation" you can take walks, hike. Weather is good for it now.

I know my ex was starting to feel "used" for sex. Plus if wife doesn't get pregnant, it put pressure on her.

BlueCollar and boobjob like this.
  6. BlueCollar

Gold Member

Surreal
    Just a thought. All guys want a boy. I did just like you. But when we found out it was a girl I was more than happy. Boy or girl doesn't matter. As long as their healthy is what you want to wish for. And if it is a girl she'll be your buddy. Trust me.
    Good luck to you both. :)

surreal_thoughts and boobjob like this.
  7. Alwayslearningsex

Gold Member

Some require more tries to get results, don't give up, trust me on this.
    Don't let the thought of some getting pregnant just thinking about it discourage you.

oldkid likes this.
  8. surreal_thoughts

Gold Member

First off I'd like to thank everyone for their input and sharing resources and experiences.

Job, thanks for the link. We have been doing it everyday at least once while Mrs. Surreal has been ovulating. It is nice to get rid of the condoms and its much more fun and better feeling for the both of us.

I guess will have to keep trying and trying until it happens.

HotForHoney and boobjob like this.
  9. surreal_thoughts

Gold Member

Working as an RN in an ER at a major hospital there is no such thing as a 15 minute break for Mrs. Surreal.

oldkid and HotForHoney like this.
  10. lbushwalker

Gold Member

ST, do not to put to much into it but it took us three years and lots of heartache to get the first pregnancy and she turned out a girl.
    And what a girls she has been!
    Perfect baby so much so we worked on a second then accidentally a third but they were boys and although now my good mates they will always be eclipsed by their sister.
    Not often you get a pretty, blue eyed, petite blonde, PhD Astro Physicist at age 26 who still dances and performs ballet amongst many other non scientific pursuits.
    We have been blessed in the best possible way :)

luvbug and oldkid like this.
  11. oldkid

12. backcheck64

Gold Member

We had kids after being married 9 yrs and together almost 15. We initially agreed on one. It took almost 6 months for her to get preggers as she'd been on the pill for 16 yrs. After her lady bits kicked in... using condoms after the birth of our son, she got pregnant and we had a our daughter 20 months later. Best thing we could have done, but wife had her tubes tied with the C section for our second... one of each we were done. And yes, as little as 25 lbs overweight can have adverse effects on getting pregnant.

13. lbushwalker

Gold Member

Stress is one of the worst factors in temporary infertility between couples.
    For us three stressful years and nothing even with her taking hyper ovulation meds then we gave up.
    Six week into a 3 months holiday trip and she throw up her breakfast every morning and the rest is history.

HotForHoney likes this.
  14. 10_3XL

Verified Gold Member

(Advance apologies for a silly/stupid answer)
    Just do like all the 15-17 year old couples do. Insist that you cannot risk getting pregnant. Then "forget" a condom just one time. That seems to be a surefire way to get a woman knocked up. :p

In all seriousness - I cannot truly contribute here. This is all way beyond my knowledge base or scope of interest (I'm currently a No Kids EVER sort of guy). Just wanted to add some levity to a serious subject. Wish you all the best, Surreal!

15. Ed69

Gold Member

Just break one condom 3 months after marriage. That will do it!:eek:

16. HotForHoney

Gold Member

Speaking from experience?

oldkid likes this.
  17. oldkid

H4H... just checked out your profile "favorite sex position" and concluded you wouldn't have a problem with a simple thing as a broken condom. LOL :p

18. Ed69

Gold Member

Yep,our daughters 22nd birthday is June 11th.

19. AGFUNK

Gold Member

Wanted to add that we got pregnant when we decided to stop trying for awhile and go on birth control.