Trying to conceive

Discussion in 'Sex and Relationships' started by stupidrandy, Oct 29, 2009.

1. stupidrandy

stupidrandy New Member

Me and wife are trying get pregnant. We've seen doctors and stuff and found out that I had low sperm count 40% (i think, results at home). They recommend that during her fertile time we only have sex once every two days and only once on that day so that my sperm count is up and fresh when we have sex. That means no masterbating or either. My main question is, if she masterbates or anything can that effect any reproductive things in her body? Just curious.

2. Northside

Gold Member

While I loved to play doctor as a kid and still will with a cute, unsuspecting lady, I'd ask the doctors and stuff instead of us. I don't know exactly how many real doctors and other qualified folks post here, but I'm guessing not to many.

3. heelfetish

Gold Member

If you are seeking professional advice, I'd suggest speaking with a professional. However, if peer support is what you're after, my experience would be that the more sexually active your wife is the better. I see no need from her to abstain from masturbation while TTC. Sadly that responsibility is on you.

Also, be sure to wear loose-fitting underwear (no tighty-whities!); avoid hot or cold baths or showers, stick with luke-warm; drink lots of water and eat healthily. Moderate exercise will also help.

Since the frequency of sex is reduced, make sure you're taking advantage of the most fertile days of her cycle. And to increase the chances of conception, see if she can orgasm after you. The female orgasm helps draw in the semen.

Best of luck to you both! My wife & I had a difficult time conceiving our first child; she needed to go on fertility drugs to finally make it happen.

4. igor

Gold Member

I wouldn't think so. She doesn't have to regenerate anything that's expelled dirung an orgasm like us guys have to replenish sperm.

Years ago I had the same problem as you. I was told to abstain from orgasm for at least 2 weeks and wait for her most fertile time, then go at it. ALso what Heely said.

5. HardRocker

Gold Member

Heely's advice is all good, it's the information they will tell you in accredited publications. I can also add that as I understand it, the high alkalinity of her lubricating fluids creates a chemically friendly environment for the sperm to live in while they are trying to reach the prize. That won't change with her frequency of masturbation.

So when it's time, take a slow stimulating approach so that she's very wet when you start. When she orgasms, it causes the cervix to move into a position easier for the sperm to reach. That'll be a good time to try licking her clit after you've filled her up, if you've never tried it before. Or work your masterful fingers till she gets an earth shuddering orgasm.

Good luck, and welcome to SF. I'm guessing you're not really stupid, randy.:p
    We're just a veritable cesspool of useful knowledge around here.:lol

6. stupidrandy

stupidrandy New Member

Thanks for your opinions and experiences. She was already on a mild fertility drug (clomax i think). So I've been changing my lifestyle as much as possible within the last month. Going from a moderate drinker to not even having a beer the last month just trying to make things work. (Man it's been hard watching football and nascar without beer LOL). Hopefully things work soon.

btw, Stupid Randy is a nickname given by friends cause u dare me to do something (no matter how stupid) 99% of time I'll do it... usually with few beers involved of course.... LOL

#6 stupidrandy, Oct 30, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2009
  7. Logger

Gold Member

Did you want a boy or a girl?

If you want a boy, I believe you wait till later in the fertility cycle, and discharge shallow. If you want a girl, you discharge deep inside, and early in the fertility cycle.

The Egg is easier to penetrate, early in the cycle, and the Female coded sperms are strong, but short swimmers. So they will penetrate the egg, after a short swim.

The Male coded sperm, can swim a along distance, so if you discharge shallow, then only the long swimmers will reach the egg. I am not certain about the egg being softer earlier or later. Ther is a book, if anyone is interested in an accurate description of the research.

There are foods and exercises that help with male fertility.

It does not seem that it would matter whether you materbate or not, but rather how long since you have climaxed, actually discharged semen, regardless of the technique, when you are actually trying to conceive.

I remember discharging deep for my daughter.