Trust Issues!

Discussion in 'Sex and Relationships' started by skippy0587, May 28, 2007.

1. skippy0587

skippy0587 New Member

So, I'm in a slight dilemma. My g/f of almost a year now is back home for summer break, and recently she started hanging out with a guy "friend" of hers that she used to "hook up" with last summer before we met. Anyways, am I in the wrong for feeling jealous/worried about this arrangement. I mean, as far as I know there are no real good reasons for why they stopped hooking up except that she went to college. I guess I am a little worried because of past relationships.

Quick background on this relationship:
    I have a minor problem w/ drinking... well I really just don't understand it. My gf drinks, anywho, she told me over xmas break that she wouldn't well about 2 months ago, I found out from a friend of hers that she did. She was just kinda telling about how drunk they got over break to both of us and then my gf was like o, I told you about that. Which for the life of me I don't remember, and I'm sure I would if she did.

So anyways... am I just too sensitive to the scenario w/ her hangin out w/ this guy???:nerv

2. Silent22

Silent22 New Member

man it seems to me in your first line or two you put "my g/f" which means shes with you and not the other guy. If she wanted to be with the other guy by now she would have told you and dumped you and moved on. I used to get jelous to about my girlfriend until someone told me this same advice, shes yours not his. If she goes out partyin with him or out to dinner, know that shes comin home to you.

not everyone likes drinking I understand you, because I dont like drinking either that much. But you got to understand she does, she just wants to let loose and have fun with her friends, just let her live and she will respect you for it.

3. LaVitaDolce

LaVitaDolce New Member

Skippy, that's totally understandable.. Especially if she's hooked up with him in the past. I would probably feel the same way. But if she really hasn't given you a reason to really worry or not trust her then I wouldn't worry too much about it. She's with you, not him. :)

4. theone

theone New Member

Well i myself do not trust anyone ive been Screwed over alot by my own father and EX gf
    and i have lots of good girls that are good friends and i never thought they do what guys Do
    Mess around with others while they have a B/F and want to mess around jus for the SEX but still have a B/F i thought guys were the only ones that cheat on there G/F i myself never because it hurts alot to get screwed over but i mean you jus have to be careful and its hard to trust anyone especially when it comes to Sex stuff but thats jus my opinion

5. skippy0587

skippy0587 New Member

well, thanks everyone for your input... i posted this before I really got to talk to her last night about it so I was kinda worked up. So after the phone call this is what I learned:

This guy is much older than her... well, not really, five yeas. Anyways, she called him to hang out, wanted to "hang out" so they hung out in a parking lot, and she didn't mention she had a boyfriend until he asked, about 20 minutes in to them hanging out.

Now while all this seemed initially bad from my point of view, I realized that she really isn't sugar coating anything, and that she was being very honest with me about the whole situation. And from her point of view it was that they were friends first, before any of the hooking up stuff, and since the rest of her friends are gone she wanted someone to hang out with... no intention or attraction.

So again thanks for your input, any more advice would still be greatly appreciated.

6. LaVitaDolce

LaVitaDolce New Member

See.. You were getting yourself worked up for nothing. It's always best to talk it over first before assuming anything. I'm glad it worked out though. :)