Traveling with Toys Help/Suggestions

Discussion in 'General Sex Discussion' started by RainLevity, Aug 17, 2012.

1. RainLevity

RainLevity Member

So, DH and I are going to be flying to Orlando to take a cruise next week. :D We have recently stocked up on a bunch of toys and things to play with on our week-long vacation for just the two of us (no kids or family!!!). We plan to have a REALLY GOOD TIME and do a lot of fantasy exploring, so we have quite a few things. I have a couple of questions, though. One involves packing/carrying on the "toy chest", and the other is just a request for suggestions about any toys or props we might not have thought of that would be fun.

My first question is this: How do we pack this stuff? I mean, it actually all fits neatly into a zippered makeup bag I bought, which can then be packed inside one of our suitcases. But should we check it or carry it on the airline? I'm thinking of checking (less chance they'll have to go through our stuff, lol), and plus the lube will have to be checked, since it's more than 3 oz. Has anybody done this? It's more than $100 worth of stuff, and would kinda kill our plans if it got lost in transit, but I don't know what else to do. Also, what about onto the cruise ship? Check or Carry on? My DH would be mortified if we had to open this stuff up in front of anybody, I think. Mostly because of the prostate wand and the Anal Lube (says it in big letters on the bottle, lol). Anybody who has BTDT and has suggestions, I'd appreciate it. It probably isn't as big a deal as I'm making about it, but I like getting a second opinion about things, and it's not like I can ask my mom, lol.

Also, does anybody have any suggestions for something we need to be sure to bring? We have lots of extra batteries, several different dildos (jelly and glass), butt plugs, a prostate wand, 2 kinds of lube, a bullet vibe, corsets and high heels, and some sexy lingerie (including garters & net stockings). Am I forgetting anything? Is there anything I haven't mentioned that you would consider essential for a sexy week away? Not whips (we're not into BDSM) or chains or anything (though I have a couple of silk scarves to try). Oh, we also have a few cock rings. Thanks in advance for any advice.

:)

2. 12barblues

Gold Member

Would shipping it to yourself be an option? In Orlando?
    Do they go thru ur stuff ? when u board a ship , as well ?

#2 12barblues, Aug 17, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2012
  3. boobjob

Verified Gold Member

Flying into Orlando for a cruise? Is this a Disney Fantasy by any chance?

4. OverSinged

Gold Member

Pretty sure they do, and just don't hide it, if you're lucky it'll be a young person having to go through it and their face will be priceless!

5. 12barblues

Gold Member

Torchie I think these folks are a little more bashful than some of us around here....sluttyfairy would throw the vibrators in the tray with her keys just see the reaction on the guys faces...lol.....god I love her....:D

6. Meee

Gold Member

You might consider buying some of these things in Orlando, such as the batteries and lube. I'm also thinking that airport security has seen it all, so you probably don't have to worry about embarrassment. And the cruise ship people have certainly seen everything, LOL. After all, what are cruises for?

One thing though: If you pack the battery powered toys in luggage that will be checked, keep the batteries out of them, so the items won't look as dark and menacing in the xray.

Oh, and some additional things to bring? Blindfolds.

7. 12barblues

Gold Member

Might bring some condoms....never know if you might want a 3rd player....

8. RainLevity

RainLevity Member

Lovely! I have a couple of sleep masks that should work as blindfolds, good suggestions. I'm glad you mentioned condoms, too. That is supposed to be on my "purchase in Orlando" list, but probably not for a third person (unless we get way drunker than we have since college)- more for ease of transition from A to ... well, anywhere else. ;)

I don't think we could ship the stuff- snail mail is crazy-expensive. Also, we've already bought everything we need (except condoms), so buying much else in Orlando is out, too.

And no, it's not Disney-related. We're sailing out of Cape Canaveral, of course, but MCO (Orlando) is the closest airport to which Southwest flies, so that's where we're flying. Honestly, I'd have little problem with just checking the stuff and letting all the x-ray guys/TSA agents just fantasize about what fun we'll be having. Can't carry the lube on, though, as I mentioned, and it's rather a large bag that the stuff is in, so I'm not sure if I want to sacrifice that much space... on the other hand, then we'd be sure to have the stuff, and it might actually be exciting to think about the x-ray people knowing what we're planning. Heh heh heh! I guess we could split it up and put the lube and the biggest things in a checked bag. That might be what I do.

ETA: Friends of ours once brought a vibe in a carry-on and forgot to take the batteries out. When they were going through security, it started humming. The wife said (loudly), "Honey, you must have left your electric toothbrush on." I don't think anyone was fooled, lol! We will definitely be taking batteries out of everything and storing them separately in ziploc bags.

Thanks, guys!

#8 RainLevity, Aug 17, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2012