transsexual/castration

Discussion in 'General Sex Discussion' started by annex909, Mar 22, 2012.

1. annex909

annex909 New Member

Ok, this might be a weird one for many of you:
    I am dating a transsexual girl (as in, born male, is now a girl). Let me say straight up she is absolutely stunning. Ok, so anyway, she does have a penis, however a few years ago she had her testicles removed thinking this would contribute (she also takes hormones) to her 'female transformation'. The obvious effects of this however is that she 1. has gained weight (though I dont know if you can attribute that to this specifically) and 2. has very little sex drive. The second is my/our main concern in this situation; what can be done from this point? Again, she does take hormones on a somewhat regular basis. So how to increase sex drive in this, admittedly strange, situation?

2. AHappyWife

AHappyWife New Member

I'm not juding by any means, but he is a guy. No medical procedure or drugs can change the way he was born. Since he cut off his testicles, I think it's to be expected his sex drive is diminished or gone...being supportive and loving might be the best medicine at this point.

3. Trond

Gold Member

Why wasn't the penis removed? Is it too big an operation? (that would make sense by the way)

AHappyWife: I think transsexuals like to be addressed as what they feel they are, not what they were born as. In certain situations, it is actually quite possible that hormonal concentrations during pregnancy made the brain more like a female than a male brain even if the body is genetically male, for instance. Can't be an easy situation.

4. bluvm

bluvm Member

Testosterone is needed for sex drive and also assists in metabolizing fat for use. That is the reason for weight gain.