Tough day yesterday

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by johnnyangel694u, Aug 22, 2008.

1. johnnyangel694u

Gold Member

This is a little embarrassing but I must talk about it.
    I consider myself a pretty strong male. Not strength but emotion. Well yesterday proved that wrong. We took our middle daughter to college yesterday. The freakin kid had me balling like a baby when we went to leave.:cry
    How many men have had this type of experience?
    Am I becoming a softy in my old age?:lol

2. Dreama

Gold Member

Hun, that's normal. Dads love their kids just as much as moms do, ya know...My dad hugged me goodbye when I went away to college(at that point, he wasn't a hugger...I'd not been hugged before that in years, of course he's changed that recently).

3. igor

Gold Member

Don't be embarrassed about it dude. Been there twice myself.

4. FlirtyChick

Gold Member

Johnny, you are awesome. It is the men that show emotion, love, and tears that women girls love the most! She will be fine, hun! ((HUGS))

5. pussycat69

Gold Member

Yes, you are a big softy.lol...and that's good.
    **hugs to you**

6. bsxy420

Gold Member

its good that you cried. shows you do have emotions. alot of men wont cry and if they do they tell everyone they got dirt in their eye. i find a man who can show his emotions very sexy.

7. AnonymousOne

Gold Member

Nah ... you balled, she had a beer. Life is as it should be for those kids who go to college. Just make sure she stays away from frat boys and cheap beer. (Natty Light = horse urine)

8. LPjammin

LPjammin New Member

Ha!

...been there, done that, twice, plus a senior in HS.

The first one, we stayed in town for three days after we helped her move in, meet room mates, their parents, $300 at bed bath and beyond... :lol

It would have been tough to leave the same day. Getting to see her once a day for three days and seeing her set up, knowing she knew some people, the resident boss person, helped a LOT.

Now, the WORST was picking her up two semesters later when she didn't meet the grades we expected and had agreed on as condition of staying. Expensive school.

THAT was tough. Sticking to it.

9. Rocket Queen

Rocket Queen New Member

awwwww I think it is great that you cried, not only for you , but for her too.... It will give her a wonderful memory of just how much her Dad loves her.

When I joined the Navy years ago and caught the plane down to recruit school my Dad put his sunglasses on in the airport lounge and I knew then just how much he was going to miss me and how much he loved me and nearly 15 years later it still warms my heart.

10. HardRocker

Gold Member

I cried and moped when we sent my son off to college after highschool.
    He made an A in Microbiology(his major), a C in calculus, a D in english an F in philosiphy (loved it in HS), dropped Chemistry and had to come home. The parent-plan had expired, we were exasperated.

He worked the same full time job for 3 years, got his own loans and went back. I was happy this time... not a tear in the house. Now he has a 3.5 average and a job and prepping and maintaining the chem lab. He loves it.

11. johnnyangel694u

Gold Member

Thanks everyone.
    The one thing that I forgot to say was we discovered we misread the schedule and had to say goodbye in 5 minutes.
    She is the quiet middle child. Don't tell the other two but she is my favorite.:lol