too exhausted for sex?

Discussion in 'Sex and Relationships' started by Lover4You, Sep 12, 2012.

1. Lover4You

Lover4You New Member

Both my husband and I love having a lot of sex. Recently we had a new baby and we have a toddler, he is now working fulltime and going to school fulltime. So we are both always exhausted. How can you get some energy for some good playtime? Thanks!

2. 12barblues

Gold Member

If you figure that one out, please post the answer. Millions of new parents , the world over would love to know.....I'm not sure there is any cure for getting 3 to 5 hours of sleep a night, broken into 1 1/2 hour intervals...I'm glad I'm done with that part of my life...I wish u luck...

3. Barbwire

Gold Member

Amen, brother!

4. BitchN

BitchN New Member

Maybe the grandparents can watch the kids for a few hours......if so......you might want to drink a red bull before dropping the kids off......lol

5. backcheck64

Gold Member

Exhausted sex. That's what we did. We're still tired, mine are teenagers now, but with school functions, both play on travel hockey and lacrosse teams, I run two busiensses and my wife works full time. Sex has gone from 4+ times a week to 2 to 3 times a week. We haven't been to my mother in laws in over half a year, no time, but we MAKE time for sex.

6. paintedblue

paintedblue Member

You just have to make time. I know scheduled sex isn't the best, but it beats no sex at all.

We would either schedule it ( babysitter, dinner, and do it in the car), or become quickie ninjas.. fucking whenever we would have a moment. It was actually kind of fun when I think back.. and it made the times that we could spend alone even that much more special.

Dont worry.. eventually the baby will sleep through the night, the toddler will stop tearing the house apart, and "cramming for a test" will mean more than just studying.

7. Lover4You

Lover4You New Member

Oh hell no. I will figure something out. Then I'll write a book. And pple will worship me. Lol, jkjk.

8. lbushwalker

Gold Member

PB; I just love your Ninja sex comment ;)

9. luv2sexdotinfo

luv2sexdotinfo New Member

You will need your spouse's help with this. If possible, get the baby to bed earlier. While one spouse cleans up after dinner, let the more tired one take a bath, relax or read a magazine. Take time to release stress so sex does not become one more chore at the end of the day. Pick a time that you both will be finished working (including work details, laundry and emails) so you don't just fall into bed. Turn off the TV or computer at an agreed upon time. If you have sex only at the end of the night, you may end up choosing sleep over sex on a regular basis.

Do you ever have a sex date? Rather than go to dinner and movie, stay home and have a sexually playful evening? Create windows of opportunity for sexual connection at times other than the end of a long day. Do you ever make love when your baby is napping? Or get temporary to look after the baby for a few hours, and stay home and make love in the morning or afternoon? What about those wake-me-up sex where you welcome your partner waking you up while you are asleep to fool around? What about making love before you go out on a date? Set your alarm early and make love at the beginning of the day? You need to be creative to find and create good times for sex.

10. PDone7

PDone7 Member

Story of our lives. We make do with quickies and the odd bit of quick fun to keep us sane. eg; after kids have gone to bed, quick back to the bath - two minute oral competition - we give a mark out of ten and have to be harsh with the marking!

We then save ourselves for a morning or whatever of naughtiness when releived of the small ones.

Tired sex tends to be crap!

Good luck.

11. will2of3

will2of3 New Member

We have date nights or sex nights. A little easier now that the young one is 2. We trade nights with our friends. Sometimes we watch all the kids so other folks can get them some. That and she likes it at night si after ghe kids are alseep.

12. backcheck64

Gold Member

After the first few months, the kid should be in a sleep pattern, just do it after they go to sleep. By the second month, well our first was pretty well locked in from the get go, our second was in a pattern and would be asleep by 8pm, left us with a few hours before the next feeding.