[Ask a Girl] To shave, or not to shave.

Discussion in 'Ask a Guy/Girl' started by somhairle, Feb 8, 2012.

?

Bald or hairy?

1. I am completely shaved

6 vote(s)
    40.0%
  2. I am completely natural

1 vote(s)
    6.7%
  3. I am partly shaved

8 vote(s)
    53.3%
  1. somhairle

somhairle Well-Known Member

Not sure if this has been asked before, but anyway...........here goes.

I am trying to persuade my better half to shave 'down there'! I (and probably 95% of other males) find this a real turn on. However, she point blank refuses. She claims that it is too much bother, that it will become stubbly quickly and it will itch. She is also horrified at my offer to pay for her to have herslef waxed professionally. I have tried to persuade her that it is more sensitive, that it is now the norm for females to shave completely and have even threatened to storm the bathroom when she is having a bath and forcibly do it myself!

So, ladies, what are the 'selling points' for this. Or am I wasting my time and should get on with removing hairs from between my teeth while she loses herself in the ecstacy of oral sex?

2. xeniadraven

Gold Member

I've always done it tbh. It is more sensitive and a turn on all by itself. Yes it can get a bit itchy as it grows, but moisturiser, exfoliation and repeat shaving keeps it in check. The most i've had was the landing strip but also trimmed down to almost nothing. I think its a given that women tidy themselves up for their man. I hate my OH being too natural so he trims too - i dont like hair inbetween my teeth either ;-)
    Maybe i'm a rare gem but if it pleases my man that in itself is a turn on and incentive to go for it xx

3. pbs

pbs
    Gold Member

My wife used to resist shaving because she was embarrassed even to look at herself, but one day she gave in and she's been bald ever since - maybe 15 years now. Some of the benefits you can suggest are: no more hair in the mouth; skin against skin is very sensual during intercourse; easier clean up down there when she pees and after sex; more of the skin near her clit will be accessible, and you will be able to please her more; without the coarse ring of hair around her vaginal opening, you will be able to last longer without cumming; just looking at her when she's naked will probably give you a hard on; you will probably want to kiss her there longer and a lot more often. If she gives in, don't forget to shave around her anus, and make sure you get ALL of the stubble around her opening, even by slightly entering her with the razor as you go around it.

The best results I've gotten were by first trimming with a battery operated bikini trimmer, and then use a double bladed razor with a head that pivots, Gillette Custom Plus, be very soft with pressure, and use Olay Facial Wash for sensitive skin with aloe.

One taste and you'll never want to go back :)

4. ply

ply
    Gold Member

I like the way shaved to shaved boinking feels. It definately feels different and better.Not to mention all of the oral advantages.Has anybody tried a NO No? I've heard they had good reviews

5. somhairle

A NO No? What's that?

Sounds as if you could probably talk her into it, PBS. :)

6. ply

ply
    Gold Member

It's some kind of hair remover advertised on an info mercial. It was ranked along with majic jack as one the few good infomercial products. Google No No

7. xeniadraven

Gold Member

Somhairle - USA's version of Veet I think x

8. Wildwoman59

Wildwoman59 New Member

I agree with the suggestions PBS gave. Your wife is right About it being itchy when the hair begins to grow out but if you keep shaving regularly it becomes routine like shaving one's legs or arm pits.

My SO loves to shave both my pussy and my legs. When I go in to take a relaxing hot bath he always volunteers to help out. Lol. usually it leads to some pretty hot sex afterwards.

9. cowboyup

cowboyup Member

every girl i have ever been with has shaved, and if they didnt they asked if its what i prefered and they wouldnt mind shaving for me. usually women when not in relationships get "lazy" and dont care to shave cause there is noone to impress.
    im a guy and when im with a girl i tend to tidy up since they are willing to for me.

maybe if you cant talk her into it, dont give oral for a while and see what she says. or try asking her to just shave the lower half. the part where your mouth will be is most important.

10. almostthere

Gold Member

I like both. When the grass is tall its real retro. When she does the hitler its hotttttt

11. Wildwoman59

Wildwoman59 New Member

LMAO:lol

12. somhairle

ply and XeniaD - thanks for the recommendation.

Wildwoman59 - I had thought as you suggested. It would become another part of the body that gets shved routinely. So, what hassle?

I have stormed the bathroom while she has been having a bath and threatened to attack it with a razor. Didn't work. I backed off when the razor found its way to my throat with my wife cursing like a trooper at me.

She is best left alone when like that:eek

Anyway, I'm trying to bribe her with some new undies and nightwear just now (started with just nightwear but the stakes seem to ave been raised :eyes)

13. ply

ply
    Gold Member

Just curious. Are you shaved?The smooth on smooth thing doesn't work as well unless both parties are smooth. It seems to be quite the extra treat to me.

14. somhairle

Nope. I understand what you mean, tho'.

15. MILF_Rider

MILF_Rider Member

If it helps any, my wife shaves once a week if it's a question of how much maintenance is involved.

16. cbrmale

Gold Member

My wife gets waxed regularly, and this started when I bought her a voucher. She finds it more sensitive during sex, and I find it more attractive. Female hair removal has been around for a long time and ebbs and flows. Just the other day I found an old VHS recorded in the early 80's, and every single actress was trimmed and a few were bare.

In ancient Egypt, Greece and Rome they used different techniques to remove hair, and it's also specified in the Koran. From the crusades female hair removal spread to Europe and Britain in the middle ages, only to fade away in the eighteenth century.

17. somhairle

That's interesting! May explain why the female nude in classical paintings is usually shaved!

We touched on the waxing issue. But my wife is really uncomfortable with that. Despite the fact that she must regularly have medical checks down there.

18. pbs

pbs
    Gold Member

Unless I'm misunderstanding your post, your wife could be uncomfortable because she must have regular medical checks down there, rather than despite that fact. I know my wife is embarrassed to have an exam when she is bald, so we let her grow in for around 6 weeks prior to exams.

19. somhairle

No, I meant that she is uncomfortable having someone wax her but accepts that a doctor has to go down there when she is routinely examined.

20. Wildwoman59

Wildwoman59 New Member