Timeline in relationships?

Discussion in 'Sex and Relationships' started by hob, Sep 25, 2008.

1. hob

hob New Member

After a conversation about wether fast or slow paced relationships were better, i got wondering is there a "timeline" in relationships?
    Like, how many weeks should you wait until you have sex etc.

Any thoughts on the matter?

2. Dreama

Gold Member

It's really subjective to your relationship. Only you could really say for your relationship.

3. Berrylicious

Berrylicious New Member

Yeah i agree with Dreama...only you and your partner can put a so called 'timeline' on when you're ready to have sex etc....

I know people who had sex on the first night and are still together after 10years and others, like myself, who made her poor hubby wait 3months (while dating) before having sex LOL

4. FlirtyChick

Gold Member

All of the above. It is subjective and situational. I do not believe there is any right or wrong.....

5. Rocket Queen

Rocket Queen New Member

I agree with the above. However, I had a personal rule that if I liked a person and wanted to continue to date them, then I wanted to get to know them as a person before the relationship became sexual.

6. Poky

Poky Banned

Ya know, I tried both of these methods and the waiting for sex relationship I had was a mistake on my part. Because I wouldn't make that move with her, after a month, she decided to go behind my back and screw someone else. Hell, that happened twice to be exact... Now I just take it however it comes. As long as we both see it the same way, there's no issue.

7. BassDude

BassDude New Member

I can tell you the typical repeating timeline:

1st week: I like you/I like you too.
    2nd week: Damn you kiss good/so do you.
    3rd week: I think we should fuck/let's do.
    4th week: I think I love you/I think I love you too.
    5th week: I've never seen you act like this before/me neither.
    6th week: You're an asshole...good bye!/good riddance bitch!

:lol

Now, when you find someone who breaks this progression, you just might have a keeper! :D

BD

8. Joe

Joe
    Gold Member

I think the "waiting game" is a little different with age and experience. When I was dating, after my late wife passed away, I normally had sex on the first date. If not it was usually because I wasn't interested in sex with that person, and while we might have dated more, I was never interested in sex with her. (There were only a couple dates in 4 years when I wasn't interested.) There was another one who I would have done, but she wasn't ready. We became good friends but never did have sex.

Actually, there was one other gal who I dated -- one date that lasted a week. We slept in the same hotel rooms in different beds for 5-6 nights before finally "doing it." (This was her idea.) She told me ahead of time that it was going to be up to me to not have sex, but she insisted that we not. She'd crawl into my bed naked and make out, but I was supposed to kick her out of bed before I got too turned on. Sheesh! She was hot, but once with her was more than enough. (She was also nuts.)

9. Katprr

Katprr New Member

Couldnt agree more with that BD!!!!:lol
    It all honestly depends on both you and your partner, I can tell you though that if your partner wants to take things slow don't push the issue since you will end up pushing that person away.

10. Wckd_Beauty

Wckd_Beauty New Member

A relationship shouldn't have 'notches' of when things will happen. Progressions throughout depend on how you feel for that person, how they feel for you and how connected you are to each other at the moment. Sex should not be the deciding factor of a relationship either, and instead should be a bonus. Pushing sex will most likely push him/her away. So compromise because it will be worth it in the end.