Thrush

Discussion in 'General Sex Discussion' started by sexynzgirl, Aug 31, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sexynzgirl

sexynzgirl New Member

Hi ladies can you give me any advise for avoiding thrush? I bathe reguarly and urinate after sex but still seem to get it....lots. Kind of a damper for sexual exploits.

2. fantasien

fantasien New Member

whats Thrush!?

3. blade

blade New Member

are u talkin about a female gynecological problem?? cuz if so, u should see a doctor?

4. Shellen77

Shellen77 New Member

Thrush is a fungal infection of the mouth. It's actually pretty common. I've had it before after taking a months worth of antibotics for pneumonia. It makes your tongue white & the grooves in your tongue can become big gaps. Mine really didn't hurt, it was just a disgusting taste & more annoying than anything. The only time it hurt was when I ate something spicy or salty. My doctor gave me a mouthwash with an antifungal in it, but recommended that I eat yogurt (which is also great if you have yeast infections).

After rereading your post, are you sure you have thrush or a yeast infection? Thrush is in your mouth, not any where else (well, at least that's the only place I had ever heard of getting it). You might do a google search on it & see what comes up.

Hope this helps you!

5. sexynzgirl

sexynzgirl New Member

sorry I was told it was called thrush, but it is yeast infections I get. I get it for no obvious reason. The doc just says "use this cream" but I don't feel thats the solution really.

6. rabbitgirl200

rabbitgirl200 New Member

I got yeast infections at the beginnings of my last two pregnancies, thats how I found out I was pregnant..... :eek

7. Shellen77

Shellen77 New Member

I just read today that if you consume a lot of sugar, it can throw off the Ph balance of the vagina & can cause yeast infections. Maybe you should try cutting down on the sugary snacks & etc?

8. BiBiBaby

BiBiBaby New Member

do you use lube? i used to get frequent yeast infections, the brad of lube was throwing off my pH...switched and i've been infection free YAY

9. sexynzgirl

sexynzgirl New Member

yeah I do use lube, I think that may set it off and using soap does too I also eat sugary things often lol

10. Cwissy

Cwissy New Member

11. WebDesigner

WebDesigner New Member

The attched image below is a picture of my friend Jasons mouth, and he was wondering if it he is in a early stage of Oral Thrush, please let me know ASAP as he is really concerned on to what it is. Thank you

-Rob :)

Attached Files:

12. WebDesigner

WebDesigner New Member

By the way, I'm posting because he doesn't have a computer

13. Shellen77

Shellen77 New Member

Yep...looks like beginning stages. He needs to make a dr's appointment & he it taken care of before it gets worse. Mine was so bad it was down my throat....it's pretty nasty stuff!

14. WebDesigner

WebDesigner New Member

What type of stuff can he pick up from a drug store to treat it?

15. Shellen77

Shellen77 New Member

No...there is nothing OTC that can treat oral thrush. Sorry! The stuff they gave me was a mouth rinse & it was really cheap stuff. It tasted horrible, but it worked!

16. WebDesigner

WebDesigner New Member

The thing is, the young man is only at the age of 15 so I doubt he wants to tell his parents that he has received a type of STD ~ so the reason I am trying to help him is because he has lived 2 houses down from me for many years, he is like a brother to me and because of what stated above about his age.

-Rob

17. Shellen77

Shellen77 New Member

Rob, it's not an STD. It's an infection. You can get by many different ways (one being sexual) but you can get it from a Ph imbalance which grows the yeast on or in your body. You can also get thrush in your mouth from taking antibotics (that's how I got it) or even if you use steriod inhalers for asthma. It's very common. If the dr asks how he got it, tell them he doesn't know. Most likely they won't be able to tell that he got it from a sexual act.

Hope this helps!

18. WebDesigner

WebDesigner New Member

alright, thank you so much for your help - i'm going to tell him to tell his parents he has an infection called 'Oral Thrush' and what you said ... about its just a ph imbalance which makes the yeast grow on the body, and is that instead of INSIDE the body? that it forms on the tongue or something?

19. Shellen77

Shellen77 New Member

it grow in both inside and outside of the body. It's pretty common in all forms (tongue, rash on the body, vaginal & even penises!). Do you know if the back of his throat is white like that? If so, than I'm almost positive that it's oral thrush. It's nothing to really fret over, but it needs to be taken care of or it will get worse. He'll end up with a bad sore throat & could infect his tonsils.

20. Shellen77

Shellen77 New Member

btw...that kids got a huge tongue! Is it swollen or is it always like that?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.