This one is for the Ladies

Discussion in 'General Sex Discussion' started by Bretright, Feb 11, 2011.

1. Bretright

Bretright New Member

Ladies, what defines romance. Dinner, long walks in the moonlight, notes on her pillow, diamonds, etc. Help me out.

2. collette

collette Member

For me it is all about the thought that goes into the gift, the evening, the experience, what have you. To me thoughtfulness and planning = romance.

3. Bretright

Bretright New Member

Im taking notes......

4. nurseharley

Gold Member

copied from another thread about romance

the most simple thing can be romantic. leaving a little note for your wife/gf just to say you love her or how special she is to you, buying a little gift when she least expects it, some may say even something so small like opening a door for her or pulling out a chair is romantic (and not done enough!).

there are other things like giving her a massage, running a nice bath for her when she gets home, maybe even cooking her favorite foods. what all of these things have in common is the fact that you're making her feel wanted, loved, and cared for.

i'm sure there's plenty more that i'm not thinking of but that's at least what i think romance is. going 'out of your way' to do something sweet just for her and not because you want something in return.

5. Trond

Gold Member

Well, I'm a guy, but here's something that my wife really liked:

On her birthday, I sent her on a little 'treasure hunt' to find her gift. I put small pieces of paper with some romantic notes around our apartment, with each one containing a clue to the location of the next one, and finally leading to my gift for her. She loved it! :)

6. Ready2Please

Gold Member

Ideas that come from the heart not store bought. That is the way to my heart unless you are going to buy me a 2008 Ford F150 in Black. ;) Then I will really LOVE you!!!

7. Stefanie

Stefanie New Member

Whatever makes her feel loved and wanted and appreciated is romantic.

For some women that's the typical stuff - cards, flowers, chocolate. For others it's doing little things to show that you care - cleaning, cooking, getting her favorite takeout or running a bubble bath when it's been a long day. . . etc.

For me, personally. . . love my pets as much as you love me - they're part of the package. Hold an intelligent, witty conversation with me or a lively, respectful debate. Never get tired of telling me that you love me, because I never get tired of hearing it.

That sort of thing.

8. collette

collette Member

Took thoughtfulness and planning - VERY romantic!

9. Flame

Flame New Member

Exactly! (Wow, Trond, that is very impressive and so sweet!) The really important thing is the thought behind the action or gift. I don't actually like typically romantic things and if the man knows me he will know that I can buy myself flowers and chocolates, but I would never refuse a massage!

10. HisLilSecret

HisLilSecret New Member

Its always the thought that counts. I loved the post-it commercial where he drew lots of sweet things on each post-it, like cartoons of their first date and then put them on the wall to spell out I love you.

11. backcheck64

Gold Member

My wife defines it as, loading the dishwasher, cooking dinner or at least helping, vacuuming the rug, making the bed, picking up the house, giving her a break from the kids, cleaning her car for her, candle lit backrubs, etc.

12. Barvis316

Barvis316 Member

I have done this for my wife as well. It wasn't a gift but some fun ideas to try for that evening she said she walked around with a smile on her face the rea of the day.