This little mark is scaring me...

Discussion in 'General Sex Discussion' started by LadyMissie, Jun 21, 2007.

1. LadyMissie

LadyMissie New Member

About two or three hours ago I was changing and found a red circle in my pubic hair. It's about the size of a quarter around and kinda darkish in the middle. It's kinda itchy too. This thing is freaking me out. I'm sure it's not an STD or anything since me and my boyfriend have been pretty much right next to each other for the past year and a half. And only had one other person like twice. Both times with condoms.

So what the hell is this? I'm scared. :(

2. Barbwire

Gold Member

Tick bite?

3. Rose

Rose Resident Sexy Grandma
    Gold Member

Not sure about the dark part in the middle... but could it possibly be 'ringworm' (NOT a "worm" - just a virus or infection - not sure which) I'd let it set for a day or two, and see what it does.
    Edit - Ringworm is not a STD. It can happen from flesh touching flesh, and it is not caused from being unclean. Just a normal phenomenon of life.

4. Kahurin

Kahurin New Member

It does sound like ring worm have it check out

5. msduncan

msduncan Active Member

Ring worm is actually a fungus. It could also be eczema.

The worst thing I could think of that it could be is a bite from a tick that has Lyme Disease. Lyme disease bites typically exhibit a bullseye type of rash outward from the bite.

Edit: ring worm is common in children, but you can get it anywhere. I've had it on my back before. Itchy and circular. Usually doesn't have a dark spot in the middle though.

6. Rose

Gold Member

Yep! I knew the "virus... infection" thing was wrong. I just couldn't think of the third thingy. Thanks "msduncan"!
    If it's Lyme Disease, you definitely need to check it out with an MD.

7. LadyMissie

LadyMissie New Member

Well it's going away slowly now so I'll only worry if it goes on for more than say two days. But keep posting about this ring worm thing. Kinda interesting although still scary.

8. Rose

Gold Member

Honey, if it's ringworm, a simple topical lotion will cure it. It's not a big deal. It sounds more disgusting than it is. Kids get it from playing in kindergarten together... Not a big deal.

9. Kronnie

Kronnie Banned

I personaly dont know very much about ringworm but heres what Wikipedia has to say about it ....

What evr the problem is , its always best to see a doc just in case...leaving something without having it checked isnt the best option or idea, for your own safty...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ringworm

10. LadyMissie

LadyMissie New Member

Thanks everyone, a bigger thnks to you Rose. :)

As for the whole ring worm thing I read up on it and says there may be some over the counter stuff to take. So tommorow I'll look into it. Otherwise I'll try to find a free clinic or something. This isn't the best time for me to be having issues as money is too tight to even say.

I hope my boyfriend doesn't get it. I'd feel horrible. I do wonder though if my dog gave it to me. Se does sleep with us at night.

Er.. I just read up on pets giving it to humans.. it said mostly cats and dogs.. but also that the animals show no signs of a ring but patches of fur. My rat had a patch of missing fur but the fur is growing back. O_O oh god.

11. Kronnie

Kronnie Banned

With my dog we use something called (Frontline) its great for making sure your pets are safe from tics and fleas...one dse per month keeps it totaly safe.

if its ringworm then check this out for suitable medication

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grifulvin_V

12. Barbwire

Gold Member

Just buy some of the stuff used to treat athelete's foot. It takes a while to clear up, but Lamisil F works great. I got ringworm on my arm from some kittens when I was working at a pet store. It's not big deal.

13. Kronnie

Kronnie Banned

Griseofulvin in fact never mind that i just checked it on that site and dammm does it have a load of side effects

Known side effects of griseofulvin include:
    Hives
    Skin rashes
    Confusion
    Dizziness
    Diarrhea
    Fatigue
    Headache
    Impairment of performance of routine activities
    Inability to fall or stay asleep
    Nausea
    Oral thrush (yeast infection of the mouth)
    Upper abdominal pain
    Vomiting
    Swelling
    Itching
    Tingling in the hands or feet
    Loss of taste sensation

your probably better off wit hthe ringworm than this product :(

14. LadyMissie

LadyMissie New Member

Ah well thanks for letting me know that lamasil works Cowboy Lover.

As for those side affects, jesus christ thats sick. Why even bother?

15. emerlyj

emerlyj New Member

I think side effects usually aren't as bad as they sound, they just have to list everything anyone has had while taking the medication, though that doesn't necessarily mean the medication was the cause.

16. bighiker2003

bighiker2003 Banned

Nope. Ticks dont leave until you remove them.

That has all the earmarks of a brown recluse spider.
    And that can be very dangerous, If not treated with antibiotics can
    leave a permanent sore. As the skin will not return.
    Go to the Doc now, not later.
    My wife was bit 7 times by one and She had one hell of a time with it
    about 8 mos ago, and they are not completely gone yet, Even though She
    took the antibiotic.

Hiker

17. bighiker2003

bighiker2003 Banned

Some info I just looked up.

Bite Symptoms
    The physical reaction to a brown recluse spider bite depends on the amount of venom injected and an individual's sensitivity to it. Some people are unaffected by a bite, whereas others experience immediate or delayed effects as the venom kills the tissues (necrosis) at the site of the bite. Many brown recluse bites cause just a little red mark that heals without event. The vast majority of brown recluse bites heal without severe scarring (http://spiders.ucr.edu/avoidbites.html).

Initially, the bite may feel like a pinprick or go unnoticed. Some may not be aware of the bite for 2 to 8 hours. Others feel a stinging sensation followed by intense pain. Infrequently, some victims experience general systemic reactions that may include restlessness, generalized itching, fever, chills, nausea, vomiting, or shock. A small white blister usually initially rises at the bite site surrounded by a swollen area. The affected area enlarges and becomes red, and the tissue is hard to the touch for some time. The lesion from a brown recluse spider bite is a dry, blue-gray or blue-white, irregular sinking patch with ragged edges and surrounding redness--termed the "red, white, and blue sign." The lesion usually is 1½ inches by 2¾ inches or smaller. Characteristics of a bite are further discussed at http://www.amednews.com/free/hlsa0805.

The bite of the brown recluse spider can result in a painful, deep wound that takes a long time to heal. Fatalities are extremely rare, but bites are most dangerous to young children, the elderly, and those in poor physical condition. When there is a severe reaction to the bite, the site can erupt into a "volcano lesion" (a hole in the flesh due to damaged, gangrenous tissue). The open wound may range from the size of an adult's thumbnail to the span of a hand. The dead tissue gradually sloughs away, exposing underlying tissues. The sunken, ulcerating sore may heal slowly up to 6 to 8 weeks. Full recovery may take several months and scarring may remain.

It is difficult for a physician to accurately diagnose a "brown recluse bite" based simply on wound characteristics. It is absolutely necessary to have the spider for a positive identification. Necrotic wounds can result from a variety of agents such as bacteria (Staphylococcus, "flesh-eating" Streptococcus, etc.), viruses, fungi, and arthropods (non-recluse spiders, centipedes, mites, ticks, wasps, bedbugs, kissing bugs, biting flies, etc.). Necrotic conditions also can be caused by vascular and lymphatic disorders, drug reactions, underlying diseases states, and a variety of other agents. An annotated list of conditions that could be mistaken for a brown recluse spider bite is available at http://www.ama-assn.org/amednews/2002/08/05/hlsa0805.htm. Misdiagnosis of lesions as brown recluse bites can delay appropriate care.

First Aid
    If bitten, remain calm, and immediately seek medical attention (contact your physician, hospital and/or poison control center). Apply an ice pack directly to the bite area to relieve swelling and pain. Collect the spider (even a mangled specimen has diagnostic value), if possible, for positive identification by a spider expert. A plastic bag, small jar, or pill vial is useful and no preservative is necessary, but rubbing alcohol helps to preserve the spider.

Hiker

18. vampire raver

vampire raver New Member

It is a ring worm, People I wrestled with use to get them all the time, I never got them because I think my immune system is stronger.

If you have a animal you probably got it from them, so go to the doctor or store and ask for ring worm infection onitments

Its pretty common so don't worry

19. LaVitaDolce

LaVitaDolce New Member

If it is a ring worm, I've heard that finger nail polish kills it. I don't know if that's true or not though.