This is why men are concerned about penis size

Discussion in 'General Sex Discussion' started by Clark, Feb 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Clark

Clark Member

It's eternal. We men (in general) are obsessed with the sizes of penises.

But it's not without reason.

Culture
    We have phrases like "well endowed" or "well hung" that refer to men with big penises. This insinuates the opposite - that a man whose penis is not large is "poorly endowed" or "poorly hung".

It doesn't help to have pop songs with women singing "Don't want no short dick man... Itty bitty, teeny weeny, shriveled little short dick man".

How many threads have there been on this bbs where a guy has posted a pic of his obviously-larger-than-average penis and women have responded with "I don't like it. That's too big." Go ahead, link one to me.

Instinct
    Historically, the bigger guys (not referring to penis) are the alphas. Girls have always flocked to bigger, muscular guys and always will.

As men, our instincts tell that another man who is bigger has a better chance of winning a fight... of getting the girl... ...of getting more work done... of being more popular. Disregarding penises for a second, bigger is better for men. Women do not prefer a shorter, skinny man. Those guys always lose the girls to the big guys. This mindset bleeds into penis size: "His bigger hight, bigger muscles, and bigger penis are more desirable than mine."

Nature
    When a man has sex, the physical pleasure a man feels is enhanced by pressing his dick into a tight vagnia. For us, tighter feels better. It feels more pleasurable. We can get this tightness in two ways: having sex with a small pussy, and/or having a big dick.

Now, we try to tell ourselves, "It's not the same for women. It's not necessarily the tightness that they get off on. Sometimes it's the clit, sometimes any size will do." ..etc. But as we continute to tell ourselves this, this statement contradicts the nature and instinct that we have grown up feeling. We're telling ourselves this thing about women that we feel different to and have a difficult time relating to.

Truth
    The fact is, size does matter... to some women. Some women like longer ones. Some don't. Some like thicker ones. Some don't. Some want both. Some don't care. Some prefer clitoral stimulation. Some get off on something else completely.

But overall, it seems that women, if given the choice, would choose a larger one. That's what we want. We want women to choose our penis over some other guy's. And we know that, if we have a big one, we'll have the penis of preference.

So...

Yeah. We obsess. We have reasons to. Are they fucked up reasons? Probably. But they're there.

One of the wonderful things about this bbs is that it presents a forum for men and women to discuss these things openly.

Thank you to all the women here who provide honest and candid input!

2. GentleManSteve

GentleManSteve New Member

Very well put Clark.

3. singlemale86

singlemale86 New Member

Good one Clark!

Read my post about the "Offensive Extenze Commercial" some time back. It pretty much re-iterates what you've said. Only this was WAAAY too overdramatized (and the acting really sucked).

Pretty much to say that a male with a smaller package wasn't capable of pleasing a woman. This is not true. And this isn't just my opinion (or the opinion of others). Like you said, some women like big ones and some like small ones.

However, I'll disagree only with you assumption that most women would choose a large one. I think this has just become the societal misconception, just like guys that say the average size of a man is 6 or 7 inches (Ya right, more like closer to 5 inches).

I'm sure (to a lesser extent perhaps) women suffer the same type of anxiety about breast size. Feeling like if they aren't as big as other girls, they won't be chosen by guys. Again, all men (like women) are different. Some like big breasts, some like small ones. Some don't even like breasts at all (i.e. the butt guys...).

The point is, as you mentioned, society is flawed in its mainstream thinking and we shouldn't feel badly about our size just because a few people think we should. Bigger is not always necessarily better...

Clark..Cheers!

4. loveit247

Gold Member

To look at a larger penis is nicer. But an average penis is nicer in the fact that you don't have to brace against getting hurt.

5. Elvis

Elvis Member

This problem seems to be quite a modern phenomenon, when I was young we didn't worry about penis size, some guys had big ones, but I still had one that was useable and pleased the young ladies I had sex with, so what's the problem?

The internet seems to have blown this up with penis enlarging ads telling guys that they could be bigger and get more girls.
    Deodorant ads do the same, but I stick with the deodorant I always used and the average size penis that's served me and a lot of ladies well over the years.

6. SexyScorp

Gold Member

I like the deodrant analogy

Alas, I have to change mine from time to time...which will it be spray or roll on....

As far as penis size goes....which will it be big, medium or small...

hmm...medium will do....but of course the size of the member pales into insignificance in comparison to what is attached to it.

Big cocks, big muscles, big egos, small brains....?

Give me a moderate proportion any day

As I said to a guy I know and love dearly....even if you didnt have a cock, I would still love you...

As I placed the telephone receiver down deftly!

7. Elvis

Elvis Member

As long as he stands to attention when required, we're both happy with ole faithful!
    He's getting a bit tired these days, but still remembers what to do from the old days occasionally.

8. pirouette

Gold Member

Clark, I feel really awkward after reading that. It kind of makes me feel abnormal. My attractions aren't based on any of that. Does that mean I'm poorly adjusted to society or something? Reason I ask is that I don't find big, muscular men attractive. In fact, I would only date a man that had equal strength-not taller or bigger. I think it intimidates me. And I would have to politely decline sex with a "large" man- aside from him being intimidating, I don't want any tearing or soreness from sex with such a big penis.

so.........am I just really weird?

9. SexyScorp

Gold Member

pirouette

ditto to everything you say...

you are a very strong woman that is why you wish for equality

so am I and so do I

x

10. bighiker2003

bighiker2003 Banned

Thank You Pirouette.
    When I was 15-16 I was bashful as hell and had a hard time meeting Girls
    because I was 6' 130 lb guy and all the bigger guys were getting
    all the Gals (of course I was dating my now wife) but She was the only one
    then we moved out of the Mountains to a large City (Huntington WV)
    and for some reason my confidence came up a few levels and I found out
    that all I had to do was "ask" and I could have any Girl in School.
    But that didn't last long as I came from a busted family and had
    to quit school and go into the Army, When I got out at age 20 I was a
    6' 170 lb and could attract anyone I wanted But i ended up Marrying
    the The first Girl I dated.
    So I found that big and muscular didn't count at all.
    But I also had a 9" cock, But the Girls didn't know that on the first date
    so nothing can be credited to that fact.:sf

11. Puss_in_boots

Puss_in_boots Adminatrix
    Gold Member

No, Pirouette you're not abnormal in any way. I too felt uncomfortable after reading that. Given the choice between being fucked with a ten inch cock or a six inch cock, I'd honestly choose the six inch one. This is because the ten inch cock would HURT ME. My current partner has a six inch penis and I always experience pain during certain positions, e.g.: doggy style, because he's hitting bottom. I guess big cocks are kind of like big boobs in the sense that everyone who doesn't have them thinks it would be great to have them, but although they're wonderful to look at they're totally impractical.

12. pirouette

Gold Member

Thanks for validating some of my uneasy feelings ladies and gents.
    However, Clark's post also validates a lot of the images projecting in the mainstream media. Muscular, fit, large men and skinny, boob enhanced, fertile looking, young women........if I think about human nature (wanting to reproduce with the healthiest and most fertile partners) it makes sense. I guess I would have made an odd cave women. I'd have invested my time with the guy who invented the wheel rather than the guy who just brought home a saber-toothed tiger for dinner. ;)

13. doberman

doberman New Member

damn, reading the girls posts, i feel bad now..

i think, i am around 8.5 inches or so.. my last gf would be hurt sometimes..

probably also depends on the pussy too.. and the woman owning it. i had once an affair with a woman that was pretty much a nymphomaniac.. very short indeed too.. one time, i dont think i hit bottom, but even went right through it.. there was some popping sensation, in fact, that woman once almost broke my penis.. that hurt me badly.. but everything was alright..

all depends on the woman too i suppose.. and how the man fucks.. i do like it deep, as probably every man.. but still i am taking care i dont impale the woman.. besides my overaverage size, i am maybe 178cm tall and weigh around 70kg.. sorry for the metrics here.. so i am rather slim and slender, not really muscular but quite well defined.. do i get a lot of woman? well, sometime i wished i would get laid more.. as every man does probably too! but i am also quite a flirty person, i make woman laugh, i am nice and mostly they feel good around me. well, if you are none of these, one might want to put that on his willy, sayin' "my willy is too short, thats why i dont get laid".. i think the fun, flirt and feel good factor is the most important in this..

actually the nicest things woman said about me, except ffor having a nice cock, is that i am a strong person. if one gives this feeling, the other will also get it. so just be confident about yourself and you will be fine.. whatever the size of your penis might be..

14. barbie

barbie New Member

Some women are afraid of a big penis.Of course,when you first meet a man you don't know how big he is.Till he pops it out of his pants and it hangs half way down his leg.Big ones don't scare me but something like that would.I have seen pictures that scare me.I wonder what would a man do with one that big.

15. singlemale86

singlemale86 New Member

It's the age old myth that's associated with this societal misconception. Most guys that are "well endowed" assume that because they're bigger that they'll automatically know how to please a woman.

With size like that and improper technique you could probably hurt your woman more than pleasure her. But it does go without saying that a fellow with a larger package will probably find it a little easier to pleasure a woman when done right. He just can't assume that with a large size that the woman will be in pleasure city as soon as he's inside.

No matter how much the infomercials like "Extenze" or other male enhancement products will try and tell you that "size matters" and "smaller packages mean inability to satisfy", these are simply not true.

True as it may be, smaller men may find it a little more difficult to get the job done if things aren't as tight fitting as it could be, but all this means is that our technique will be learned correctly. We'll know how to do it right, maybe even more so that guys that are bigger.

Cheers,
    SM

16. pussycat69

Gold Member

I have been with all 'types' of men--Whether it be their penis,their height,their weight,whatever...ALL men are different and I enjoyed each and every one in their own way.I personally do not go out looking for a one in particular.It's not the size that matters,it's the mentality.

17. cbrmale

Gold Member

My experience with girls who openly admit that 'size matters' is that while 7" or 8" is better than 5", especially in shallow positions, and thicker is better of all, bigger isn't better as an absolute. Too long or (maybe) too thick is not fun and can be downright painful. But more than a few of my partners just fell in love with my 7.5" long x 6.5" girth, it is big enough to feel nice, but not too big.

The other thing, I think, is that women seem to be more open talking size with a bigger-than-average hung man than, perhaps, an average or smaller man. It is quite surprising the number of my former partners who talked about size with me, what penis size turns them on and why it does.

Singlemale86 - for you because you haven't had sex yet, size matters! If you have a bigger penis, but not too big, the majority of women will enjoy the experience, everything else being equal. I've had sex with about 100 or so different women, and some said it straight up, and some showed it in other ways. Some said size didn't matter to them, and later admitted the opposite after the experience.

We big guys also learn to arouse our partners more, because anything less than full arousal is painful for both of us. The more aroused our partners, the easier everything fits together. So being big doesn't make you a lesser lover, probably the opposite.

18. Elvis

Elvis Member

At last October's swinger party there was a very nice negro guy packing around 10" and thick with it!
    Not one female there could take him!

19. SexyScorp

Gold Member

He sounds bloody terrifying!!!!

What a waste.....i dont like big ones....x

20. Elvis

Elvis Member

I'm not sure Scorp, he smiled all night, so maybe he finds nice warm places to fit it into occasionally.
    Mrs E took one look and said, "No way!"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.