This is gonna sound stupid but...

Discussion in 'Ask a Guy/Girl' started by Icebat, Jul 11, 2014.

1. Icebat

Icebat Member

Today, I was met with a rejection from a girl. You lust know I have little experience with being rejected and except for one long term relationship, I actually just have little experience with women overall.
    Anyway, she initiated conversation with me a few weeks ago, out of the blue, while we were waiting for the bus. We chatted, we did this a couple of times and today I decided to ask if she wanted to go for a drink together next week.
    She said she had a boyfriend so basically, she rejected me.

When a girl rejects you, does that mean you're ugly? I know this sounds stupid, but I'm not very confident when it comes to my looks (if you'd know my childhood, you might understand why).

2. Lizzie73

Verified Gold Member

I does not mean you're ugly. It just means she has a boyfriend. Isn't that how you would want your girlfriend to respond if another guy hit on her?

3. minskminx

Gold Member

I think it means most of all she has a boyfriend.

Doitagain likes this.
  4. Mittimer

Gold Member

She didn't "basically" reject you. She told you she had a boyfriend. Not every girl that is friendly or talks to you will want a relationship with you. I'm married and a very friendly person. If someone is hitting on me and doesn't know about my lifestyle choices, I make it clear that I'm married. That doesn't mean I'm rejecting them, it means that I can't give them what they are looking for.

5. Cappy_Dick

Gold Member

Well said ladies.

xx

Lizzie73 and HotForHoney like this.
  6. Cappy_Dick

Gold Member

Dude...

It's time to let go of whatever childhood trauma you still hang on to. Women have a way of sensing a lack of confidence in men and is probably the major cause of your failures and why you feel like one. If your avatar is indeed your likeness, there is nothing unpleasant about your looks. And yes, I do know how you feel. As a youth, I was bullied as a youth as being both unattractive and inadequately equipped as a man. Neither are remotely true, but growing up in a small town, being bullied can leave a profound scar on your confidence that takes more than just learning it isn't true, to get over it. Confidence without cocky-ness is a trait most women look for in men. If you can not let go of your issues from the past, you might wish to seek counseling. It does help.

xx

10_3XL likes this.
  7. Doitagain

Verified Gold Member

It's happened to us all. The less you worry about it the happier you Will be.

10_3XL and JonJo like this.
  8. ginger

Gold Member

go buy a mars bar :)

10_3XL and JonJo like this.
  9. 10_3XL

Verified Gold Member

Like the rest of the fellows here have said to you - looks don't count for as much as is implied. I've always been the goofy bespectacled fat kid - only times that ever held me back was when I showed a lack of confidence. I've said it to other guys on here before you: CONFIDENCE IS KEY! We've all had our bumps and bruises and fallen down and skinned our knees (some of us far more literally than others). The trick is picking yourself back up and acting like you totally meant to do that.

Relating directly to your post: I think the ladies already said it. Not rejected - just going after someone who is/was already taken.

Cappy_Dick likes this.
  10. lbushwalker

Gold Member

Icebat, Cappy is so right and so are the ladies.
    This was not a rejection at all but the girl simply stating why she can't go out with you at the moment.
    All you had to do to save your ego was just reply; ok then, how about when you don't have a boyfriend?
    Her response would have given you an idea as to where she was at with her current relationship then secondly about her interest in you. There would have been no losers and nobody would feel bad about anything.
    In life you must not consider every full stop as an end game.