This disgusts me.

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Jayce, Oct 2, 2006.

1. Jayce

Gold Member

2. melicious

melicious The Old Maid
    Gold Member

Ditto. What is happening to our world?

3. AnonymousOne

Gold Member

I'm a little lost ... was the shooter a disgruntled Amish student or just some random person?

4. Jayce

Gold Member

The shooter was a 32 year old man. He was married and had 3 kids. He was a truck driver for some milk company nearby.

Something that happened 20 years ago (not sure what) he wanted to get revenge on. And his actions today were his revenge.

I'm curious to know what his grudge was about.

Police are convinced he just picked the amish school randomly. They don't think the grudge had anything to do with that amish school or the amish society itself. They just think he wanted to destroy something close and not secure, so he found that school. Hell amish schools are unsecure as hell. Years ago my girlfriend and I took a bike ride and found one. We sat on the swingset for about 10 minutes talking, then she sat on my lap and we were making out and lightly feeling each other up. At this point we have been there nearly a half hour. Then over her shoulder I saw some straw hats in the window peering out. There were kids in the school the entire time... And nobody once came outside to talk to us, kick us off the property, nothing.

5. AnonymousOne

Gold Member

If he's not dead ... I suggest execution by public hanging, or perhaps have him drawn and quartered?

6. Puss_in_boots

Puss_in_boots Adminatrix
    Gold Member

Oh he's dead alright. It was one of those murder-suicide type deals. I guess this guy was looking for the ultimate way to push the envelope of shock value, otherwise why would he choose to shoot up totally inoffensive students in a totally inoffensive Amish one-room school house?

7. Aj`

Aj` New Member

if he wouldnt of shot himself i would hope the first policeman on the scene would have taken the liberty of " defending himself " 7 or 8 times.

8. -G-

-G- New Member

he molested a young girl 20 years ago and was having the same thought again. I guess he couldnt take it and snapped. I wish these people would talk to someone before they blow up or at least just not harm innocent children when they hurt themselves.

9. Jayce

Gold Member

If a man can do this to an amish schoolhouse, news flash folks... we're not safe ANYWHERE.

In the future (done with college and all that) I'm considering on taking up some firearm courses and carrying a 9 on me so if I have to bust a cap I lyk hav dat capabilitee y0.

10. AnonymousOne

Gold Member

I'm getting my conceiled carry permit when I turn 21. A small glock will be attached to my hip.

Shoot first and shoot fast.

11. bluenavigator

bluenavigator New Member

I am not sure about this problem... the guy admit to molesting that happened 20 years ago? He has to be pre-teen, right? From the news, it said that he was around 12 years old, he "touched" two relatives of his... I am not sure about that. It could be called curiousity because between 6 to 12 is a stage of "checking" other sex than one's. I didn't know that girls are different when I was around 10 years old. How I know that, there was a group of us, including two girls. The girl told the other girl to pull her pants down. That other girl did that and we (the boys) were shocked to see that there is nothing but slit in the skin in groin area. Later on, we wanted to check it again and actually touch it but we had no gut to do that at all. Guess that first exposure was extreme stunning shock? Was that lewd conduct committed? A year later, after knowing that girls are interesting, I chased two different girls. They made smart move, they went into girls' restroom. It didn't stop me from going in there. When I came in there, I checked under the stalls and found where these two girls are hiding. I jumped to the top of the door and saw the girl sitting on the toilet and the other girl standing next to her. Was I peeping Tom? We were kids, after all. What I can say is that curiousity always get best of us when we're kids and have no understanding of things called "laws."

12. Hot Wheels

Gold Member

My heart sank when I heard about those innocent little Amish girls:(
    But do you really think the answer is more guns?
    So someone gets shot with a gun........
    Wow, this means we should all run out and buy one...just in case of course!:coocoo
    Never know when you might just get caught up in that bank robbery,mass killing,carjacking or whatever and you can just run right up and shoot 'em on the spot. Just like John Wayne:pistols
    If theres one thing that makes the US look pretty silly in the eyes of the rest of the world, its thier backward attitude towards gun laws.
    All because some fool put a line in the constitution about "the right to arm bears" or something like that:uhh:

13. Puss_in_boots

Puss_in_boots Adminatrix
    Gold Member

I don't think the authors of the constution should be considered fools. At least they had very good reasons for putting the second amendment in there.

"A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed."

The wording is vague enough so that it can be interpreted anyway you like. It doesn't say what type of arms you can and cannot have, but of course in those days firearms were single-shot flintlock pistols and muskets. Now we have our glocks and our uzis and our 9 millimeters, hundreds of times more accurate and more dangerous than the weapons available at the time the constitution was drafted.

Am I arguing against the right to bear arms? Certainly not, but I do think the language needs to be much more specfic. I personally do not see why the average citizen would need something like an assault rifle for "protection."

14. AnonymousOne

Gold Member

Yeah .. you're an Aussie ...

Let me lay this on you.

If you legalize conceiled carry of firearms and make it EASIER for people to buy guns from licensed dealers, then the violent crime rate in that area drops. It's been shown again, and again, and AGAIN.

Conversely, if you make it harder for people to buy guns, then the criminals will have guns and the law abiding citizens won't. Use your head man!

97% of guns used in crimes are bought illegally. So banning the sale of guns will only affect the law abiding, leaving the populace at large unarmed and vulnerable.

In answer to your question: Yes. If more people carry firearms, there will be less crime. It's a statistical fact.

15. Joe

Joe
    Gold Member

I find that very hard to believe. It sounds like "facts" gathered by the NRA, and statistics can be used to "prove" almost any point you want to make.

How about this stat: People killed by accidental shootings are just as dead as those killed by intentional shootings. That gun you carry or keep loaded in your home is probably more apt to kill your child than save your life.

I got a 22 cal. rifle for my 10th birthday and have owned and hunted with dozens of different guns since then, but I no longer think owning one is right for me. I'd rather be unarmed for that burglar who might break into my home than risk having one of my guns kill an innocent person -- especially a grandchild or neighbor kid. I read another "statistic" recently which said a gun in your home is 42 times more likely to kill a household member or friend than to be used in self defense.

#15 Joe, Oct 4, 2006
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2006
  16. Jayce

Gold Member

How about we all just resort to using paintball guns? I mean think about it... if a burglar walks in and you bombard him with paintballs, he's gonna get freaked out and not realize what's happening. As you keep firing with your one hand, grab a fuckin bat and knock his ass out.

17. Joe

Joe
    Gold Member

LOL Good plan Jayce! And then Thorn can come over and repaint the house.

18. AnonymousOne

Gold Member

Your choice to make man, but I'll be purchasing one. The simple fact of the matter is that my argument stands:

Criminals are criminals because they VIOLATE laws.

If you ban guns the only people to turn them in will be law abiding citizens.

Ergo, Banning guns will disarm the populace while leaving a large percentage of guns used in crime in the hands of criminals.

19. melicious

melicious The Old Maid
    Gold Member

I bet customer service would improve too!!

20. HerHubby

HerHubby The SF Poet Laureate
    Gold Member

HerHubby, peeping back in and unable to resist commenting, says, some people believe in the existence of hell and that some people who do horrible things like murdering little girls will very probably go there. My wife works in a job in which she works closely with the police in protecting children. We have both known for years that one MAJOR problem in the United States and around the world is CHILD ABUSE. Our nation and other nations need to work on getting child abuse STOPPED so that we prevent things like the deaths of the dear Amish children in Pennsylvania. Perhaps their deaths have not been in vain. Perhaps the incident will help our nation see the need and do something about it. Meanwhile, Police recommend shotguns for personal protection at home. You don't have to be as accurate in your aim and the loud noise and strobe effect has a shock effect which tends to cause someone trying to assault you reconsider.

I find myself dreaming about posting on SF and wondering how you people are doing. SIGH! I think that Ryan probably has some sort of "mind control ray" in the software! Ha, ha! ;>