This can't possibly work, can it?

Discussion in 'General Sex Discussion' started by Trond, Jan 30, 2011.

1. Trond

Gold Member

I think most people here at the Sexual Forums are decent people (although some outsiders might disagree:lol), but now and then we see some pretty nasty pick-up lines (for lack of a better term). Here's one of my "favorites" addressed to one of our ladies here:
    "Can I fuck the pussy pls I'm a virgin"

I once discussed such rudeness with a friend of mine (great guy, R.I.P.) who had met a guy who seemed to drop such "eloquent" lines at almost all the ladies he met in bars and clubs. Perhaps he was slightly more polished than the above, but "let's go to my room and have sex" was, as far as I understood it, pretty much the first or second line he would try. My friend asked him why he did this, as he seemed to offend a lot of people. His answer was simple:

"For every ten women who say no, there is one who says yes."

That can't possibly be true, can it? What do you think?

Footnote: No, I will not change my behavior, even if people tell me that they have had great success with such lines. I am too polite, and also married. This is just another example of my curiosity and general nosiness.:)

2. nurseharley

Gold Member

NO. lol it didn't work then and it won't work in the future!

i can't imagine how any woman would find that kind of line anything but disrespectful and obnoxious.

although, i do get a laugh out of the more cheesey ones :D

"if you were a booger, i'd pick you first"

3. htoad

htoad Active Member

I also have found tremendous value in being polite, it just seems to get you much further, and being polite does not mean being a wimp. But I can see your friends point. I had a few friends in college and when younger who had that attitude. Maybe not one in 20, but one in 30 or 40, and they were willing to play the odds. Also, shall I say that they were not very discriminating in their tastes, particularly in places where liquor is plentiful. They did not care about being attracted to the women, their focus was on having sex with them.

4. Trond

Gold Member

How about: "If you were a hooker, I'd be a regular client"
    I have actually heard that one uttered to a woman in a bar. I don't think it worked :lol

5. nurseharley

Gold Member

change hooker to stripper and it may work!
    maybe not...

6. redlacesexblog

redlacesexblog New Member

sigh. any line besides "hi", and i'm outa here. i just don't do men who aren't confident enough in themselves to be themselves. as for disrespectful lines? i just say "thank you for letting me know where you're coming from" and mean it. so nice to be able to cross someone off the list w/o even having to think about it, no? :)

7. honeyballs

honeyballs New Member

O, a pick up line like that does not work. There are no pick up lines by the way. Just common sense and self esteem. This directness really does not work, because it will make the woman feel like a slut if she'd go in to that. Besides, the guy will seem really needy, which is a HUGE turn off for the woman. So its wrong, wrong, wrong, it does not work from both ways, and it is offensive too. So only if you're a teenager or outright stupid you'll try things like these. Because: why not say: "Hi, im John, who are you?" and then just try to have a nice conversation. This way, the chance of success is greater. And you'll have a nice conversation if it does not work out without offending people. And the funny thing is: women want to be picked up, treated like a slut and fucked, but being too open about it from the start turns them down. Its a paradox. Like the more you need sex, uve gotta act as youve been getting way too much lately to be successful.

8. Trond

Gold Member

There is no question that such lines won't normally work. I would personally regard it as a social suicide! :lol My surprise was mainly that some people seem to keep going at it until it does work. Why else would he do it? (maybe he just like being an asshole)
    Oh shit! I hope I haven't given people any ideas here.:eek

Dear moderators: Feel free to delete the whole thread!:)

9. CruelTease

Gold Member

I've always enjoyed knocking back guys who approach me with lines of some sort. No matter how attractive he might be, watching his face as I shoot him down make me feel quite smug.

10. HardRocker

Gold Member

It might depend on where you are. For instance if you are in the bar district on a Saturday night a half mile from a large university, one out of ten might be a bad night. Probably better odds if the football team won that day.:p

P.S. Trond, you don't really want me to delete your thread, do you?

Therein, I expect, lies the reason for your username, CruelTease:p

#10 HardRocker, Jan 30, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2011
  11. backcheck64

Gold Member

I've approached numerous women with "care to have a cheap meaningless relationship" and it's worked an amazing number of times...of course that was 30 yrs ago.

12. Trond

Gold Member

Well, I hardly expect people who read this thread to start behaving like cavemen around women, so no :p

We aren't that influential here are we?

13. Southern_Smoke

Southern_Smoke New Member

i couldnt do that, and if a girl does say yes please wear a condom with that woman.

14. fothermucker

fothermucker New Member

A couple of my favorites (and yes, they did work on occasion:p) were "Nice shoes, wanna fuck?" The other is "How about a pizza and a fuck?" When the proverbial slap in the face comes, the appropriate response was always, "What, you don't like pizza?"

That was in my younger, immature days, and most of the time, it was for nothing more than a good laugh. You could imagine the amazement when those lines actually worked.:lol

15. Trond

Gold Member

I heard that line as a joke back in the day, but it was slightly different. In our part of the world, it went like this:
    Him: "How about a pizza and a fuck?"
    Her: "That depends. What kind of pizza?":lol

By default, the pizza would always be the wrong kind.

#15 Trond, Feb 6, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2011
  16. HardRocker

Gold Member

I think I might be quick enough to say, "Any kind you want, sweetheart."

17. Trond

Gold Member

Oh, I nearly forgot to mention this: I read about an interesting social experiment some time ago. They had a beautiful woman and a similarly handsome man approach complete strangers (on the street I think) asking the passer-by if he or she would like to have sex (I think the woman always asked men, and the man always women). As far as I remember, not a single woman said "yes" to the guy, and many women were offended.

The woman got much more polite answers, and many men were clearly flattered, taking the blunt proposal as a compliment. As far as I remember some guys said "yes".

In a way, it's one of those studies where you think the result is rather obvious (as in "I could have told them that!"), but I think it's a good thing to check up on if such stereotypes are baseless or not.

Let me know if you have seen this. I have forgotten where I heard about it.

18. fothermucker

fothermucker New Member

Exactly.

These kind of results are to be expected, in all honesty. Women want men to show interest for reasons other than looks or sex, while men seem to be more receptive to a more direct approach. I think it has a lot to do with the fact that men still have not really evolved too far from the old carnal desire to spread his seed to ensure the survival of the human race. Due to the fact that we are living longer, it is not necessary to spread the seed, so women have adapted to it a bit better than men have, meaning their desires lie more with love and romance, rather than being concerned with trying to guarantee the survival of our race.

19. Trond

Gold Member

Wait a minute! Didn't you read Hardrocker and mine discussion in the "Cock & Puss" thread? Tsk tsk :lol

There is no reason to think we will ever evolve beyond "spreading our seeds", because it still works! A man who carelessly sleeps around a lot can still end up making several women pregnant. Living longer does not change that. It's not ethically ideal, but nature doesn't care.

Most likely, women have not adapted further than men. Rather, their preferences have probably always been a bit different from those of men (many animals show some of the same tendencies. Chimpanzee females are choosier than males, but they can be flattered with nice gifts. Sounds familiar?). Some researchers even think they can see romance in some animals, so I doubt if that is a completely new thing in humans. Some think it is stronger in us because of the powerful bonding needed to take care of infants for many years. Most other animals care for their young over a much shorter period.

20. fothermucker

fothermucker New Member

I hadn't even gone near that thread, due to the way the title was worded. The part about "Supply and Demand" in the title of that thread is what really turned me away. It isn't about supply and demand. Sex, whether it be random hook up or a committed relationship has absolutely nothing to do with supply and demand.