Thinking of going condomless with GF who is on BC.. help?

Discussion in 'General Sex Discussion' started by xplodez, Aug 11, 2007.

1. xplodez

xplodez New Member

well my gf has been on birth control for atleast 5 years, ive been dating her for about 6 months and i have lately been thinking about just losing the condoms and both getting tested for STD's first... My only concern is, obviously Birth control is effective, but... Im still somewhat concerned.. I assume many many many couples use only birth control... Im very excited yet nervous at the same time.. what if one night she forgets a pill.. Will that throw her entire cycle off or whatever? im just curious for myself on how worried i should be, or if im over reacting..

2. p00shy

p00shy New Member

When in doubt. pull out!

3. cbrmale

Gold Member

My wife was on the birth control pill for eleven years except for the time we planned to have our two children. No accidents. I always came inside, as most married men do.

Just ask your girlfriend if she takes the pill the same time every day, to give yourself confidence that she knows what she is doing.

Many many (countless many) couples - married and girlfriend / boyfriend - use the pill as sole birth control.

4. MikeDog

MikeDog New Member

BC pill is pretty safe but if you are worried just pull out for little extra.

5. xplodez

xplodez New Member

has anyone here had a problem, its almost like everyone i know has never had a problem... im just a bit nervous as its my first time that i wont be using one and am just somewhat nervous...

6. emerlyj

emerlyj New Member

She needs to be taking it at near enough the same time everyday. Missing pills or taking it at different times on different days will affect its effectiveness. But as long as it is taken correctly it should be fine.
    Sit down and chat with her about your concerns and she will hopefully be able to put your mind at rest.

7. xplodez

xplodez New Member

i had noticed she takes it late at night ish, atleast 11, 12 ish... now im wondering, starting a new pack could she change the time she took it, at like say.. 11 am every morning, i just want to work with her to know like were protected..

8. sdfilter

sdfilter New Member

The pill, just like a condom, is very effective when used correctly. I'd be very wary of any advice suggesting you pull out as a means of being extra safe. I find that the best assumption is that your penis is covered in sperm, and pregnancy may ensue when fun parts touch. If pregnancy (vs. disease) is your main concern, you are probably very safe with the pill. But, if an unintended pregnancy is going to be a major problem in the relationship, I'd say keep the condom as well.

9. melicious

melicious The Old Maid
    Gold Member

Bottom line.... go ahead and enjoy the hell out of it, as long as you are mature enough to realize and accept the consequences of the decision. IF the pill fails to protect her from pregnancy, and she ends up being one of the 1% statistic or whatever it is....it's too late to say "Wow, I shouldn't have made the decision to stop using condoms." Hindsite means nothing in a situation like that. If you know that this is not a woman you want to commit to for life, whether through marriage or merely sharing a child's time and the responsibility, then make sure it doesn't happen. If you feel like you're in a place where you are comfortable seeing where life takes you and what fate has in store, then relax and go with the flow. If this is something you are struggling so sincerely with, because you are afraid that it might end up in a situation that you don't want to be in, it's a good sign that you should probably continue using the extra protection.

10. Dreama

Gold Member

My fiance and I use BC as our only means of protection, and it's been quite successful for us. Having said that, you should both talk about what would happen if she was one of the very 'lucky' few who happened to get pregnant.

11. xplodez

xplodez New Member

i guess she has done it in the past 4 or 5 times without a condom on BC and she never had a problem before , but yeah im the kind of guy that i dont know what is the future for this relationship its more of a day by day kind of thing, if everything stays well like it is then she would be a keeper but im in school and thats my main concern, not a baby, im just not needing that...

12. emerlyj

emerlyj New Member

Yes she can easily change the time she takes it, just as long as she takes it earlier than she originally needed to so it doesn't alter the effectiveness.

13. xplodez

xplodez New Member

ok.. yeah maybe im ready maybe im not, im in no rush.. we both just got checked so we will both be fine when the time comes IF it comes, i have always been the think first before you make a mistake that you cant take back. so i think thinks very thoroughly before i do, when it comes to sex atleast..

14. Cele300

Cele300 New Member

add me to the list of those who don't use a condom, my fiance is a nurse which makes me happier as she is medically inclined. We were still very concerned when we first started to not use one. Our rule of thumb was when she had to chance the times she took it, if something happened where she missed a pill [forgot them on our trip] or she had to alter prescription we would just go back to condoms for at least 1 full month just to be sure. :) it's actually kind of fun when we have to be super careful for a month because right after when we go back to the norm. it is amazing sex.

15. xplodez

xplodez New Member

yeah i would do the same thing, just be smart but careful..

16. strapyboy

strapyboy New Member

my gf has been taking the pill for our entire relationship, but she's wanting to stop and this saddens me deeply as the thought of using a condom again fills me with despair. We are going to have to figure something out or else I'm taking a trip to the surgeon...

If she's been on it for 5 years, then she should be pretty responsible about it by now. I say, go for it because it's going to change your sex life. A lot.

17. Rose

Rose Resident Sexy Grandma
    Gold Member

It's quite simple. Since the pill does not tout itself as being 100% sure of NO pregnancy, you must make your decision based on that 1%. Never NEVER have unprotected sex with a woman unless you are ready to accept the responsibility of being 'Daddy' for at least the next 18 years of your life. You may hear from 99 people who say they have had unprotected 'pill' sex and have not had a pregnancy - - but YOU may be that lucky 1 that gets the 'tax deduction'.

Bottom line is, you need to take responsibility for your future. Think with your head, not your penis.

/off my soapbox (and though I may sound harsh, I really DO appreciate you asking. Shows a level of msturity... IF you take the advice)

18. Buffalo204

Buffalo204 Member

You may be kidding I don't know but your named indicates you are young. Any responsible surgeon would tell you no, use a condom.:eyes

19. xplodez

xplodez New Member

Rose i am trying to be very responsible in my choice and im not one who thinks with the little head at all.. i really did want the input.. She has been in relationships in the past where she said she has gone without a good few times, so she re assures me her BC works.. I just want to make sure im making the correct choice thats all and i wanted to hear as many people on the subject.. Hey if i make the wrong choice i have to pay for it, but im not the kind of person who risks when it comes to sex

20. scorpio_nymph

scorpio_nymph New Member

as far as i know, if she's on the pill there shouldn't be any problem. the pill is my prefrred method of birth control, one of the main reasons being that i like to feel a guy cumming inside me.
    never had any problems with it in the 2 years i've been on it off-and-on.