There is a super intendent in Tennessee I want to punch in the face.

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Jayce, May 14, 2007.

1. Jayce

Gold Member

I can't tell you how honored I would be to put on my jail uniform while serving 3-5 years knowing I punched this super intendent in the nose multiple times who made this ridiculous decision.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,271972,00.html

It's one thing to simulate a lockdown. Have the kids get under the desk, make them be quiet, calm, etc. It's another to have somebody dressed up and to try and open the doors, simulating an intruder, while the kids are fearful for their lives.

2. LaVitaDolce

LaVitaDolce New Member

Wtf? :yell That really pisses me off. I know we had bomb threat practices, but never anything like this. I'm with you on this one Jayce.

3. Hot Wheels

Gold Member

Bloody ridiculous..:mad ...but Mrs Hot Wheels has offered to bake you a cake with a "file" in it:brow

4. Joe

Joe
    Gold Member

A reporter from our local newspaper made the rounds at several of our schools, walked in the front doors and wandered the halls to see if anyone would stop/question him. Few did. Some were upset that he did it. I thought it was good newspapering. It led to some changes in security.

I agree with you, Jayce. The school shouldn't have put the kids through that experience.

5. Puss_in_boots

Puss_in_boots Adminatrix
    Gold Member

And what was the point of it all?...besides scaring the shit out of the kids and freaking out out the parents?

They methodically terrorized a group of children. If parents did this, they'd have their children taken away. If someone walked into a public place and did this - say a bank, restaurant, or wherever, they'd have criminal charges to deal with.

And yet it can all be justified under the guise of, "protecting our children."

When I was in elementary school we had earthquake duck and cover drills. When my mom was in elementary school they had atomic bomb duck and cover drills. Now they’re having school shooter "duck and cover drills." Ducking and covering for any of these three events has one thing in common…besides ducking and covering, of course. If an major earthquake or an nuclear bomb or a crazed machine-gun toting wackjob happened upon the school, then ducking and covering would probably not be a very effective means of protecting yourself from inevitable death.

6. Fudan

Fudan New Member

This made my blood boil too. The principal was quoted as saying the teachers "Didn't use very good judgement".... YA THINK???

Apparently the principal wasn't there and had no part in it, it was the teachers on the trip who decided to do it, and the vice principal was there and let it happen. Absolutely ridiclous.

If I was a parent, I would be MORE than pissed.

7. angelbaby

angelbaby New Member

prank

WTF.....If that was the principal at the school my son had attended when he was in school,I would 1.punch him...2.sue him...3.sue the school district.....4.get him fired.
    Do they not know what kind of trama effect that will have on those children.THAT;S DERANGED:hoppingmad