The Soul of Sex

Discussion in 'General Sex Discussion' started by BigDPhilly, May 2, 2007.

1. BigDPhilly

BigDPhilly New Member

I've been thinking about this for a long time but never really knew how to ask it or who to even pose the question to. It seems this is as appropriate a place as any to pose such a question so I'll try it out by starting small to see who wants to talk about this...

Simple question to start: What, in your opinion, is sex?

2. Bluesy

Gold Member

Stimulation of the genitals. Not a very romantic answer (which is what I think you were going for), I know ;)

3. LA_20

LA_20 New Member

A physical manifestation of love between two willing people who are mature physically, emotionally, and spiritually.... well thats what i think it should be

#3 LA_20, May 2, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: May 3, 2007
  4. BigDPhilly

BigDPhilly New Member

No, no. I'm not looking for any single type of answer. I just want to see what people think and what they have found inside of the act itself.

5. BigDPhilly

BigDPhilly New Member

Very nice. So, if I can make some extrapolations...you believe sex should be between people who love each other, are mature, willing, and a couple?

I'm not being critical but I think its awesome how everyone answers this question differently...especially considering that the mechanics of the act are pretty much the same for every human being on the planet.

Since your answer involved spirituality, please allow me to ask more...where does God/dess fit into sex for you?

6. SexyScorp

Gold Member

A deep and profound connection
    between two people...

Sex is about surrendering to a
    higer power...especially when
    one reaches orgasm....

We are at that point powerless

:)

7. BigDPhilly

BigDPhilly New Member

Thanks for the response. I'm curious. Why is the connection between only between two people? What about a group of people who are all making love together? I'm not saying that I am for or against group sex but several answers have focused on the importance of the sexual connection being between 2 people instead of multiple participants. Just curious about that. I have my own thoughts but I get tired of hearing my own opinions.

One other thing...

You said that at the point of orgasm we are powerless? I agree but I also feel like, at the point of orgasm, we become all powerful. We become divine. Our Self is obliterated and we are nothing but sensation and experience.

8. heelfetish

Gold Member

Wow, this is getting deep. :)

9. BigDPhilly

BigDPhilly New Member

Sorry. I hate to sounnd weird.

10. heelfetish

Gold Member

Not weird at all, I love it, actually. :) It's nice to see a topic other than penis size. :tup

11. BigDPhilly

BigDPhilly New Member

Tell me about it.

12. SexyScorp

Gold Member

Oh sorry I was talking of the yin and yang
    male and female as in two people....group
    sex...hmm....maybe the same spiritual heights
    can be attained..I wouldnt know?

I meant we are powerless as in the sense we
    have to surrender...as in when we reach the
    top of a roller coaster...there is nothing we can
    do but let go and experience the extreme of the
    ride....

Yes orgasm gives us a huge sense of power...its
    the surrendering which leaves us with a feeling
    of humlity and for some vulnerability.........

13. Puss_in_boots

Puss_in_boots Adminatrix
    Gold Member

Some people might say that sex is only genital to genital contact between two people. Others might say that oral stimulation of the genitals can also be considered sex. Still others might say that fantasizing about sex, masturbating, cybersex, and phone sex can all be considered sex. All of the those things "stimulate the genitals" as Blusey succinctly put it in her post. I'd say that if you ask ten different people what they think sex is, you'll get ten different answers because it's different for everyone.

Sex for me is the most intimate and passionate way I can express my affection for my partner. It is connecting on a higher more spiritual plain while simultaneously enjoying wild animalistic fucking - the best of both worlds. I never really experienced that kind of connection with another person until I met my SO. Up until now, it's all been just fucking.

14. Kronnie

Kronnie Banned

It is different to all of us. but as others have said it is always different depending on the partner we have at the time.
    so there really isnt a clear cut answer .
    as no mater what answer is given , there is a way for someone to change it about and add parts to it.
    Put as basicaly as i can sex for me equals pleasure . pleasure can be a number of different feelings, feelings are what we all have to a greater of lesser extent to others.

15. bryanedp9

bryanedp9 Member

Yin and yang is a great way of explaining it, if you ask me. At orgasm, you are everything. You are powerful, weak, good, evil... all opposites and all in between fill you with their energy... at least it feels that way. If everything has some kind of energy, that's definitely a time when we can feel it.

Having that connection and empowerment/disempowerment with multiple people is very possible, but most can't connect with it for various obvious reasons.

What I just explained isn't my textbook definition of sex, however. I just explained what I think making love is.

Sex is whatever a dictionary may tell you. A bit empty-feeling... and usually just describing procreation, in my opinion... just kind of bland.

Then there's fucking. It's sex with an aggressive passion, and a burst of that yin/yang energy is given off by it, but I think it's nowhere near as powerful as when you have someone that you have opened up to over time (making love.)

Now the ideal "Garden of Eden" situation for me would be where all 3 of these acts are the same. Most couples can have that with a healthy relationship, but in the "Garden" situation, it wouldn't take time and trust, and since you don't have to worry about trust, you can be with multiple people, feel the same about them all, share it, and blah blah blah.

I'm comfortable with my normal, earthly situation... partly because it's how my surroundings have built me, but even though I realize that there's something a bit greater that's possible, it's risky, and it would be hard to find those people that feel the same as you at all times.

I'm very content with one person, gaining trust, making love, and never wandering off.

16. Dreama

Gold Member

To me, sex is an expression of love and understanding. I would never have sex with a person that I didn't love and want to understand.

17. Kronnie

Kronnie Banned

Well at times with someone you love it is possible to fuck and find a great sensual explosion of senses. also when making love , and also wit hjust sex.
    but funny as sex is a part of love making

as love making is sex...we just like to try and make the word sex seem dirty and something less than making love......

you can love some one very much and still wish to fuck their brains out though.

18. LA_20

LA_20 New Member

Yes I believe that sex should be between two mature people who care deeply for each other. That being said, I do not think less of people who have one night stands or casual sex with special friends. I am a very spiritual person but at this time I am still exploring the idea of a superior being. I do not believe that if there is a supreme being that I am going to be punished for having premarital sex, or using birthcontrol, but have respect for those who do believe that those things are wrong. I guess sex is whatever you want it to be, but I tend to think of intercourse with someone that you do not love as "fucking". That being said, I believe you can "fuck" someone you love, as in having powerful animalistic sex, because even though you are fucking you are still having sex, thus there is the same underlying connection that I believe does not exist with unattached fucking..
    lol, i dont know if that makes any sense in the slightest but you're asking for opinions so i'm giving them. If i unintentionally offended anyone, I apologize, I certainly do not look down on anyone who engages in sex with someone they do not love.

19. BigDPhilly

BigDPhilly New Member

Beautifully written. Thank you.

20. BigDPhilly

BigDPhilly New Member

Do you think that "just fucking" does not affect us in certain, maybe unseen ways?