The Sleaze Tree

Discussion in 'General Sex Discussion' started by cbrmale, Mar 18, 2008.

1. cbrmale

Gold Member

On SBS television in Australia, there was a two-part sex in Australia documentary which was quite good. It started off at Federation in 1901, and the Victorian attitudes to courtship and sex, and over the next two hours it included the massive social change that I was part of in the 1970s, and continued onwards.

What surprised me was the approach of the current twenty-somethings to sex. Young women went out at night looking for a guy to have casual sex with. They were quite open about choosing a guy who caught their eye, and having sex with this guy, and then doing the same thing next week. The excitement of the experimentation of casual sex.

What intrigued me was the sleaze tree, a large sheet of butchers paper in a university faculty. Every male name on one side, every female name on the other, and couples drew lines between the names when they had sex together! Now this was something, in particular young women having their sex lives posted in the communal rest area. Some women deciding their contribution to the sleaze tree looked a bit pathetic and they ought to score a few more guys before the end of the year!

First up, I thought this is very different to my younger days in what I thought was the sleazy seventies. Second, compared to this mostly American forum with lots of angst about love and relationships, the current Australian approach to sex is very different. Third, this kind of thing is extremely close to the anthropological studies I did on sex when I was in university. That is there is lots of knowledge of sex and there is open experimentation with casual sex, followed by longer-term relationships once casual sex has worked its way out of their systems. In short, this seems to be the way humans are wired, if such behaviour is socially acceptable. And in Australia today, it is clear that this sort of behaviour is quite acceptable.

One advantage we have over the US is our sexual openness has encouraged safe sex. Australia has lower rates of STD infections than the US, and lower rates of teen pregnancies as well.

So what do others thing of the predatory girls looking for sexual excitement, or looking to score big on the sleaze tree? Can you get your heads around these concepts?

2. AnonymousOne

Gold Member

Can you be more condescending?

3. BassDude

BassDude New Member

:popcorn

4. FlirtyChick

Gold Member

Or totally irrelevant? Come on!!!!

#4 FlirtyChick, Mar 19, 2008
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2008
  5. AnonymousOne

Gold Member

He just likes telling all of us Americans how stodgy we are...

6. FlirtyChick

Gold Member

Well I say......[​IMG] There's your tree....

7. FlirtyChick

Gold Member

Statistically Speaking

According to WHO, (World Health Organization, 2001), In North America, i.e. United States, the rate of curable STIs is 19/1000 for a population of 156M. In Australia/New Zealand, the rate was 27/1000 for a population of 11M. The US rate is lower. I concede that the rate of teenage pregnancy in the US is more than double the rate in Australia, given the educational benefits of birth control.

8. BassDude

BassDude New Member

:popcorn:popcorn

9. sarah_rslp

sarah_rslp New Member

I started reading the original post but my eyes kind of glazed over.

But if its just calling americans names I'm in

ahm ...americans are all fat, so who's next

10. BassDude

BassDude New Member

:dgrin I'll play! I've got your fat right here, Be-atch! :flip:pistols

You should be thankin' us you ain't typin' in German right now. :lock:

:D
    BD

11. sarah_rslp

sarah_rslp New Member

Oh my god I can't believe you typed that. America rocks up for the last 3 years of ww2 and then expect everybody to be grateful.

If anything its the russians we should be thanking not the americans.

12. Halogen

Halogen New Member

Let's get back to the original topic, yeah?

Aaaaand this isn't okay why? Men have been doing this for years, but it's not okay for women?

But the men didn't look pathetic? Am I sensing a theme here? And who cares what people are doing, as long as they're doing it safely and consensually?

All righty.

Why does it matter if the USA has higher rates of anything?

In short, your post is basically: Girls are whores, (even though men have been behaving the same way), and in the USA, they're especially slutty.

What a wonderfully sexist, xenophobic post.

13. BassDude

BassDude New Member

Well...somebody capable had to come clean up the mess. ;)

(BTW, I mean absolutely no offense to any of the wonderful and sexy folks in the UK...we're just having a little fun here. Right Sarah? Are you gonna scream at me to show me your passion? :dgrin Should we move this to the Hideaway?)

BD

14. BassDude

BassDude New Member

:popcorn:popcorn:popcorn:popcorn

15. BassDude

BassDude New Member

Since we so obviously need assistance wrapping our tiny little minds around these infinitely complex conceptual debates:

xen·o·pho·bi·a
    –noun
    an unreasonable fear or hatred of foreigners or strangers or of that which is foreign or strange.

Just thought I'd help us out here...we're far too busy eating in excess, too busy letting our brains turn to jello, and/or too busy catching STD's to bother using a dictionary. ;)

BD

16. Barbwire

Gold Member

cbrmale, I really don't understand why you have to keep putting Americans down all the time. If you don't like us, why are you here? It's obvious you think we are a bunch of ignorant prudes and your society is much more advanced and superior than ours, so why do you waste your time on us? What's the point?

17. Halogen

Halogen New Member

You don't know how hard it was to type that word. My fingers kept slipping and I kept having to wipe the potato chip grease off my fingers. Since I'm a fat, stupid American, I was stuffing my face the whole time I responded to this brilliant man's post.

18. BassDude

BassDude New Member

Hal...this is one of those cases where clear, concise, and unambiguous grammar makes a big difference in the reader's interpretation. I think he meant the ladies' contributions looked pathetic...not the ladies themselves.

*Hugs*
    BD

19. Halogen

Halogen New Member

HOW DARE YOU SIR!

No no, I kid ;) I guess I misread it? Anyway, thanks for the clarification :eek:

20. sarah_rslp

sarah_rslp New Member

Do we have to?? :(. The original topic was pretty fucking stupid. It's just some bloke wanting all the female posters to admit that we're all tramps and nympho's underneath whatever facade we put on.