the Shinning

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Master9804, Aug 8, 2006.

1. Master9804

Gold Member

Anyone seen this movie? Weird but kewl. Was wonder if anyone else has anything to say about themovie. Like it/ dislike it? Confused by it? Scared? Anyone think Jack went overboard?

Funny story, me and Hotbabe was watching the Shinning and afterwards we got into a debate on the ending of the movie. But after a bit she was like jumping at noises. Or she would say she saw something around the corner. LOL The movie got to her and she didn,t even know it. It is a creepy movie.

#1 Master9804, Aug 8, 2006
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2006
  2. HerHubby

HerHubby The SF Poet Laureate
    Gold Member

Creeped me out! I also once watched "The Bone Collector" with Denzel Washington! It still creeps me out to think of that one! Whoa! Fascinating movie but it'll give you nightmares!

3. Master9804

Gold Member

The Bone Collector, I,ll have to check that movie out. Haven,t seen it yet.

The first time I saw the shinning I was like 8 years old. I would not go near my tub for two days. Everytime I came to a corner I would stop thinking I was going to run into them two girls. It got to me big time. The book is even more creepy.

Another Movie that got to me big time was Halloween 2. Doesn,t help the night I saw it. A guy tried breaking in the house and was shot in my back yard and he had what Mike Myers was wearing on. The guy got right up and walked right out my backyard. They found him three blocks away. He was on Cocaine and didn,t even feel much when he was shot. I was freaking out and screaming he is comming to get me. My dad had to smack me. Lmao.

#3 Master9804, Aug 8, 2006
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2006
  4. Ryan

Ryan Gold Member

5. Puss_in_boots

Puss_in_boots Adminatrix
    Gold Member

I'm a fan of Stanley Kubrick's work, just recently watched Full Metal Jacket as a matter of fact. It's been years since I've watched The Shining, but I remember finding it scary as hell.

Oh and Ryan, I've seen that parody before..very funny. :lol Peter Gabriel's Salisbury Hill is just perfect!

6. Master9804

Gold Member

I am tooo. Eyes Wide Shut wasn,t a scary movie. But somehow it kinda got to me. Very well made movie.

Here,s a question for everyone. Which Shining is better? 1980 or 1997?