The Sex Toy Double Standard

Discussion in 'General Sex Discussion' started by 10_3XL, Apr 12, 2014.

?

Men using toys is...

1. Perfectly fine.

13 vote(s)
    65.0%
  2. Unusual, but not taboo.

4 vote(s)
    20.0%
  3. For freaks and sickos only.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Hot! So hot!

3 vote(s)
    15.0%
  1. 10_3XL

Verified Gold Member

I've always been curious about why (speaking generally, of course) it isn't as looked down on for women to use toys, but if a man does then he is some sort of pervert, degenerate, or is in some way deficient. A woman masturbates with a toy and it's fine - even sexy or hot. A man masturbates using a toy and he's a freak.

For the record: I'm going largely off of personal experience. I got sick of using only my hands to make myself cum several years ago, so I did some looking and discovered the HUGE variety of male sex toys. Since then I hardly ever do my self-love without using one of my masturbators or other toys - I'll swear by them. If you can't get the real thing or are looking for something out of the ordinary/some variety then a toy is a safe solution/alternative. Some of the toys I used definitely helped me with my transition from flying solo to being a team player. ;)

My endurance, pacing, control, and other factors all greatly improved with the use of my toys. I never told anyone about my usage of "mechanical assistance" to get off - I kept it as one of my many dirty secrets. The only time I did, I got looked at like I was deformed and about to commit rape, murder, and arson.

So, after having said all of that:
    why the double standard?
    Why do ladies get to enjoy their toys without judgement, but the gentlemen do not?

I'd love to hear some thoughts!

2. HotForHoney

Gold Member

There is already a thread about double standards

3. 10_3XL

Verified Gold Member

Sorry! I'll let this thread die then and relocate discussion to the existing one. Thanks for the heads up. I need to remember to look more carefully before starting a new thread. o_O

HotForHoney likes this.
  4. lbushwalker

Gold Member

I think that this is a legit new thread but boy do I hate the OP's plain script for most of his posts.
    Dude change the format......please!

5. HotForHoney

Gold Member

Me too!

6. CaramelLady

Many men have discussed their use of toys. Common experiences heighten stimulation bringing about better orgasms. The use the toys to help control or delay their orgasms hence their partner enjoy the benefits too. Knowing their body better allows them to have a more satisfying mutual pleasure with their partner.

Play on!

oldkid, sexylatino12345 and 10_3XL like this.
  7. 10_3XL

Verified Gold Member

I hear ya, friends - and I'll avoid "plain" looking formats from here on! Of course I'm not sure just what you had in mind for livening up my posts, so I'm open to suggestions. :)

What you said there is basically my exact thinking! How is it perverted, weird, or wrong if the outcome is completely positive for everyone involved?? And I do plan to play on! ;)

CaramelLady and HotForHoney like this.
  8. AGFUNK

Gold Member

I wanted to put freaks and sickos only because that's the kind of people we are:D

10_3XL likes this.
  9. sexylatino12345

Gold Member

Smart ass and sexy huuu

CaramelLady likes this.
  10. kristilikestoswing

Why do you care about what other people think so much? If you enjoy it, then enjoy it.

Joys, CaramelLady and 10_3XL like this.
  11. realwrl

realwrl Member

I also think womens toys are much more common because a couple fingers isn't nearly the same as a dick in terms of length/girth, so women "need" a little help. Whereas men can get off with a hand and some lube.

That being said, men can easily "heighten" their experience with god toy, or set of toys.

I bought a Fleshlight and my ex discovered it when going through our divorce and my she thought I was disgusting for it. Which led to the, "If you'd have given me more sex, I wouldn't have bought it". That was my childish finger-pointing side, sorry.

But the male sex toy is great and can serve a purpose in any relationship. Whether not getting enough sex, or maybe the guy just wants to practice - which is what I ended up doing with the Fleshlight from time to time. Sometimes, I'd just use it to masturbate with (which was great) and other times, I'd set it up and give myself a time limit to work on my orgasm control. I'd give myself a time limit, of say 30 minutes of fucking it before I could cum. I think if it were viewed more as "practice" or "training", more women would be more open to the idea. Because the first woman who I was with after my divorce was final was shocked by my endurance. I believe her words were, "Your sexual endurance is un-fuckin'-believable".

CaramelLady and 10_3XL like this.
  12. 10_3XL

Verified Gold Member

You're absolutely right - if I enjoy it and it's not hurting anybody then I should just enjoy it and not over-think it. But I'm frequently afflicted with the need of 100% approval from everyone. :confused:

13. oldkid

Yeah, right, ten. I used to be the same way. Now that I'm all grown up, I'm too close to the end to worry about anybody's opinion of me or what I say. I say, let it all hang out. Couple of the ladies on here are checking every day to see if I've posted a dick pic. I don't want to reveal who it is, cause our threesome to flop. It ain't happenin', girlfriends. It's better if it's only in your mind anyway.:D

14. CaramelLady

See there.. real world benefits... :)

10_3XL likes this.