The Sex Box

Discussion in 'Sex and Relationships' started by Myself, Mar 16, 2015.

1. Myself

Myself New Member

So there is a new show on tv called The Sex Box, basically couples who are having sexual issues sit with the three hosts all sex therapist to discuss what is troubling their sex life. Once they figure out the root problem they send them into the "the sex box" where they go in and get intimate and focus on the advice given to them by the therapist. Once they come out they discuss what went on inside.

I bring this up because I myself have been in a almost sexless relationship for some time now. Long story short we have been together for over 4 years first two amazing sex life the last two not so much with sex maybe once a month. I had basically given up and told my fiancé this. This got better for a week and of course dropped back off. But I began to watch this show kinda like my own therapy and my fiancé decided to join me in watching the other day. Since she has watched I think she started to understand that this is not healthy for our relationship and she is starting to get the hint but it coming from professionals really makes it sit in. Since talking about it and watching we have been having sex more than twice a week which is a huge improvement. So what I'm trying to say is that if you are having a similar problem or your sexual relationship with your partner is not going well watching this show together could be a form of therapy for the two of you.

2. HotForHoney

Gold Member

Hopefully things will change.

Sounds like a good show. What channel is it on?

Being in the box must be odd.... Knowing people are out there, waiting.

3. Myself

Myself New Member

It's on WE tv

I think my fiancé' big problem it never really occurred to her as being an issue. She always oragasms when we have sex or fool around and we are always trying new things. Sex is something that she enjoys it's just putting that effort into her thoughts and engaging to initiating she just topped doing. Most of the couples in the show have the same issue so to hear other peoples opinions and hear therapist say hey your wrong for doing this to your husband or to your wife. I think made her realize and want to hear and learn on his to fix it.

HotForHoney likes this.
  4. Alwayslearningsex

Gold Member

This is an excellent idea

Myself likes this.
  5. Alwayslearningsex

Gold Member

Whatever the reason she stopped before, I am glad there is an improvement.

Myself likes this.
  6. Myself

Myself New Member

It's funny but a tv show might have saved my sex life and given my fiancé the wake up call she needed

7. cbrmale

Gold Member

I'm glad to hear that this worked out well. At one time I was sexually frustrated by our bland and vanilla sex life, so I hired some sex education videos. They had the same impact on my wife as Sex Box. She saw other, regular couples enjoying variety in their sex lives and that encouraged her to try some of those things. That worked out really well for us.

travis beck and Myself like this.
  8. Myself

Myself New Member

That's great I'm glad it worked for you! Hopefully continuing to watch will keep us on the up and up. If I may ask was it the bland sex that started your problems and or did she stop wanting to have sex?

9. travis beck

Gold Member

I'm going to have to look up this show!

Myself likes this.