The Pill

Discussion in 'General Sex Discussion' started by aussiebloke1991, Oct 20, 2012.

1. aussiebloke1991

aussiebloke1991 New Member

In a pickle at the moment people. This Girl that I'm sleeping with is going onto the pill after she gets her next period. I was just wondering what I should do when it comes to sex. Should I just jump straight in without a condom or should I keep having protected sex for a while until we have sex without one.

Just got no clue on what would be best to do. Please help people

2. AGFUNK

Gold Member

It depends on the type of pill. She should read the instruction booklet they come with or better yet ask her doctor before hand. I think with most pills though you have to wait at least a month. I had to wait three with the last ones I was on.

3. aussiebloke1991

I spoke to her and she said it should be fine to do it without a condom by the end of November. But I honestly don't want to rush it. But I'd rather do what's best for us instead of me.

4. AGFUNK

Gold Member

You can always look up the name of the birth control and read about it. You should still use a condom until the pills get into her system.

5. BitchN

BitchN New Member

I'm with Funk, you need to read about the pill before you go without a condom. If your not wanting children I would wait at least 3 months to be safe. If this is her first time to take the pill, make sure she takes it every day. When I first got on them I was not use to taking a pill every day so sometimes I forgot...I still used condoms until I got use to taking it.

6. aussiebloke1991

Cheers Ladies. I've been making sure she is taking the pill each day. Just haven't really looked into the name of the birth control tablet. But will look into it later tonight. Honestly wouldn't want a kid right now but later on defiantly.

I guess I'm just worried because we have been waiting for her to start the pill for a while so we can have unprotected sex in at the moment.

7. backcheck64

Gold Member

I'd say a minimum of two months so it really gets into her system. And make sure she takes it at the same time EVERY DAY.

8. Meee

Gold Member

In my humble ( :D ) opinion, if she doesn't know the answer to these questions, then she hasn't talked to her doctor or the clinic enough yet. She needs to go or call and ask these questions. But here's an important part: You need to be there too. Go with her to the appointment, or listen on the phone call.

9. surreal_thoughts

Gold Member

On the topic of the pill...does anyone have any idea how I can get my newly wed wife to consider and possibly get on the pill? It be nice to have sex without going through tons of condoms while not worrying about a kid in the picture just quite yet. We've talked about having a kid possibly but that won't be for a few years down the line. Right now she doesn't seem to be quite interested in it and doesn't want to talk about it.

Any ideas, suggestions, or help?

10. Dragon_Fire

Gold Member

Nope, I spent nearly 15 years on the Pill and wouldn't do it again.

11. backcheck64

Gold Member

I wouldn't wait too much longer. I was 32 when we had our first. Wife was 30. Birth defects rise at an alarming rate past the mid 30s, especially autism. Plus the older you get, the harder it is to keep up with them. I'm awaiting my son getting his license so I'm not at the ice rink till 11pm three nights a week....then on the road with both of them all but basicly 5 weeks out of the year.

12. Dragon_Fire

Gold Member

Yes, many women who decided to wait are now in the IVF queues.

13. surreal_thoughts

Gold Member

My wife is gonna be 26 in less than 3 weeks so I was hoping she'd maybe be on it for a year or two..no later than 28...see where we stand with our finances, job security, and got our lives on a solid track before bringing a kid into this world. I don't want us to struggle to give a kid a decent life and I want to be there as a father in every way. I guess I'm just thinking with my other head as a newly wed and want to have some fun and quiet before a kid comes into the picture :lol

14. surreal_thoughts

Gold Member

What does that mean Dragon??

15. AGFUNK

Gold Member

It's her body. If she doesn't want to take hormones there's nothing you can say that will make her. Also depending on how much sex you have condoms might actually be cheaper.

Still you should talk to her and make her talk about other kinds of birth control that you are both comfortable with.

16. Essene

Gold Member

I still use a condom with the woman I have been with for 5 years. I wouldn't think of doing it otherwise regardless if she was/is on the pill.

But yes- the instructions on the box will usually indicate what time scale you'd be looking at for unprotected sex. If she is prescribed "the pill" from her physician then whatever s/he told her should also weigh in.

17. Dragon_Fire

Gold Member

I've forgotten statistics but female fertility goes down greatly after 30. The longer a woman leaves it to have kids, the harder it is to conceive and therefore medical assistance is sometimes needed.

Older mothers are also more likely to have children with birth defects, especially if it's their first child and sperm quality decreases as a man ages too. Then there's other medical issues for an older mum too, such as gestational diabetes, pre-eclampsia and whatever. These things can strike younger parents too but the chances increase dramatically as you age.

Despite all this I had my only child at 36 and she's fine. I also conceived her as soon as I went off the Pill. I only had one minor issue during pregnancy which was probably age related but I'm one of the luckier ones.

18. Essene

Gold Member

There's also the issue of sperm DNA fragmentation.

Concerning "the pill:" if it's taken for too long and the standard menstruational period isn't taken (or even if it is) it can alter the hormonal levels. I mention this because, among other things, the pill sedates such occurrences as acne. I have known females who have never had acne until they stopped taking "the pill" and their hormonal paragon.

19. backcheck64

Gold Member

I'd wait at least a couple of years after your marriage, see if it works or not. And unless you're Mitt Romney, you'll never be finacially ready and there is no such thing as job security anymore... Kids are cheap when they're young, wait till they hit teenage years, $6K to $8K a year for travel sports, cell phones, computers and tablets, school trips, muscial instruments, then you've got cars....and college. It was just shy of 9 yrs when we had our first, made sure we had a solid marriage, we though we were financially fine, untill the true cost of a kid hits you. Then in 07 when the economy crashed, I'm a contractor so it hit us a little before the rest of the world. Our first was planned, she was on the pill and never had a worry, our second was a condom. Love them both, until I look at my bank account LOL. Wife didn't want to go back on the pill because she breast fed his first 18 months...ours are 20 months apart..

Oh, and as the male hits 40, chances of autism rise dramaticly.

20. BitchN

BitchN New Member

ST, I was 27 when I had my only daughter...and I thought we were financially stable.....the joke was on me.....you will NEVER be financially stable for kids. Sometimes things unexpected happen and it tightens your finances.
    The older they get the more expensive they become.....mine is now driving.....the cost of the car, the insurance and the GAS!!!!!!!!