The Pill

Discussion in 'General Sex Discussion' started by vampire raver, Jun 6, 2007.

1. vampire raver

vampire raver New Member

How effective do you ladies think the birth control pill is, I mean I have seen the statistics, but how safe do you feel when using it.

Me and my girlfriend are in a relationship were she takes a birth control pill and I pull out before I cum, I know that there is precum, but we both feel that birth control takes care of that and pulling out takes care of ther rest.

We were virgins and are in a monogamous relationship, so we do use condoms for STD protection.

My question is do you think we are safe from pregnancy, because I was thinking and reading about spermicide, and was thinking about getting it, Do you need a pescription for it or not if not were can you get it.

Anyway thanks for any help or suggestions

2. smallpackage

smallpackage New Member

I had two kids while my wife-at-the time was on the pill. I personally think that she either didn't take it consistantly or possibly was taking antibiotics or other medication that affected the effectivness of the pill or is just extremely fertile.

She is now pregnant again and swears the guy wore a condom the whole time, and she took the morning after pill just in case.....

Sorry if that scares you...but the only way to ensure you won't get her pregnant is to not have vaginal intercourse.

3. vampire raver

vampire raver New Member

I mean, it does scare me, but it wouldn't be the worst thing in the world that could happen,

We just don't want a kid yet.

We want a kid(one) but in about 6-7 years when we are ready to care for it we are both in college right now

Thanks

4. HardRocker

Gold Member

If taken always, exactly as directed, never missing a dose, the pill is very effective.

5. cbrmale

Gold Member

My wife used the pill for most of eleven years, and I always come inside her (one of the nicest parts of sex). We had two children, both planned. If taken EXACTLY according to directions, the pill is extremely effective.

6. Puss_in_boots

Puss_in_boots Adminatrix
    Gold Member

The pill is actually one of the most effective forms of birth control there is, having only about a 0.1% failure rate. It works by manipulating hormones in the body so that at least hormonally it appears that she's already pregnant.

My experience concurs with cbrmale's. The only form of birth control my partner and I use is the pill. We have sex very regularly, several times a week, and he always comes inside me. And every month I get my period like clockwork.

Some people think they need extra precautions such as pulling out or condoms. However, it's really not necessary if you're in a committed monogamous relationship and therefore don't need to use condoms as protection against STDs.