The pill

Discussion in 'General Sex Discussion' started by dan7564, May 16, 2007.

1. dan7564

dan7564 New Member

Hey i'd hearda few things about the pill including that people really just combine them with condoms for extra protection. Is that always the case or hardly ever? Cause id like to have sex someday with it and without a bloody condom.

2. Fliteskates

Fliteskates Member

My g/f and I had sex for... maybe 5-6 months bareback, with her using the pill.

She uses the kind she takes for 3 weeks, then she is off for a week, before she starts a new cycle. This used to make me nervous as hell...

I got ill if her period was even a day late each month... so I decided it was time to start using condoms along with the pill.

I haven't stressed about her period in about a year now since we started using condoms.

Condoms are a pain in the ass, but the peace of mind they bring are more than worth it.

3. LaVitaDolce

LaVitaDolce New Member

I would definately still use a condom. There's still a small percent that she can get pregnant. So, unless you are ready for a baby.. STRAP UP!

4. Joe

Joe
    Gold Member

My guess is that the large majority of monogamous couples using the pill do not use a condom, but I can't speak for the majority, only me.

In my earlier years of marriage my wife (ex-wife) was on the pill. She went off of it after five years and became pregnant the first month. After giving birth, she went back onto it for two years then stopped it again when we wanted a second child. Again, she became pregnant the first month. After the second child was born she went back on it and never became pregnant again, although we stopped having sex completely after a few more years, so she stopped taking the pill.

5. Puss_in_boots

Puss_in_boots Adminatrix
    Gold Member

The pill is very effective in preventing pregnancy, having only a 0.1 percent failure rate...waaaaay more effective than condoms. Of course nothing is 100 percent effective but the pill is one of the most effective forms of birth control there is. Condoms would add some extra protection but in my opinion they aren't really that necessary. I guess it all depends on how important bareback sex is to you and how paranoid you are about pregnancy.

6. suite91

suite91 Member

One of the possible side effects of the pill is reduced sex drive :( . My wife took the pill for 10 years and during that time we never used condoms and never had a problem.
    Now we have our kids so I got snipped 2 yrs ago. Our sex life has never been better!

7. emerlyj

emerlyj New Member

I am on the pill and don't use condoms but i am in a long term relationship so i am not so worried about STDs. As Puss in Boots said the pill is really effective on its own to protect against pregnancy.

8. Dreama

Gold Member

I'm on the pill,and am in a very monogamous relationship, so I don't use condoms.