The little things that make you smile....

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Moon, Apr 7, 2011.

1. Moon

Moon New Member

You know the ones, you're watching people go about their business, and something small happens which makes you smile :)

It happened to me this morning, I'm in my car by the door of a local secondary school (11 - 16 yr olds) and a girl on crutches is struggling with the heavy doors. One of the lads came out and held it for her (and smiled!) so sweet! Chivalry is alive in the young lol.

What little things have made you all smile today?

2. Kermit

Gold Member

little things that made me smile, once i was dealing a homeless customer who needed food, poor guy, i said "i cannot give you food, but i can buy it out of my own money for you" he kinda pissed me off cause he was showing preference for what kidn of chips i bought him (beggers can't be choosers! grrr!) but it made me smile when another customer saw and bought him a hotdog :)

3. Untamed

Verified Gold Member

That even though my son is sick he can still rustle up enough energy to give me a hug and tell me he loves me.

Nice thread Moon :)

4. Moon

Moon New Member

Volk, what can I say .............. lol

Kermit, yes wonderful!

Untamed, thats lovely, kids sometimes just know the right thing to do xx

5. nyxx

nyxx New Member

when people put something down, look at it intently, nod there head, and walk away. makes me smile everytime :)

6. Beach

Beach New Member

My GF and I saw a car pulled over in the median of a local highway. A little girl in a nice sunday dress was out in a field of wildflowers picking a nice bouquet.
    Very cute..

7. Chronichaze

Chronichaze New Member

Was with one my best friends the other day up on the top balcony of an apartment overseeing the entire city and the mountains. We were smoking, listening to good music drinking back beers as we glared at mountains until the sun set over it.

Both us couldn't get over how perfect that moment in time was even though so simple. Some moments you get the put relativity aside and realize that life is so beautiful because relativity truly does kill the true beauty that surrounds us.

#7 Chronichaze, Apr 11, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 16, 2011
  8. Moon

Moon New Member

Just picked up my eldest and a group of friends (older teens, boys and girls) up and this song came on the radio, we all started singing along, was great :)

9. Untamed

Verified Gold Member

Nice :)

Watched my eldest son play soccer today .. when he scored a goal that made me smile. As in the car on the way to the game he was talking about how he's never going to score a goal in the position he plays. He did today.. looked at me with the biggest grin and was so proud of himself. I was happy for him to accomplish a goal of his.

10. Mittimer

Gold Member

Someone this morning gave me a compliment that I've never gotten before. They told me that the sexiest thing about me is my personality, that it can turn a man to mush. It was small, but it put the biggest smile on my face.

Or, how my sister in law who I adore added me on facebook and requested me as a family member to be listed as her Sister. Small things like that really make my day.

It's nice to know I'm loved. :)

11. Untamed

Verified Gold Member

We were all ten pin bowling yesterday and one of my sons friends started playing time crisis. I'm pretty good friends with his Mum and she knows I like to play shooters.

She said "Aww [insert name] you're a man after Candy's heart" LMAO!

I replied .. "Give it 10 years and I might consider"

and we broke out into laughter the other parents looked at us and were giving us the "What are those two chicks on?" look.

12. RideNaked2

Gold Member

T knowing just exactly what I need, even though I may not think so at the time. Just today, he woke me up, asked me if I was going to ride motorcycle with him...That was the last thing that I wanted to do first thing this morning! However, I got up, showered, dressed and we left. The first while I was not very happy...even though he didn't show that he knew that I wasn't happy about it, he didn't say anything! We stopped at a little park and he noticed that I happen to wear what he calls my "kick ass" boots (3 inch heels...I don't wear heals anymore-once in a great great while!)...I put them on as a last minute thought, JUST FOR HIM! I didn't say anything but just waited, he noticed and it made my day! The rest of the day was the most wonderful relaxing day riding. I am so glad that he knew that I NEEDED to ride today, as well as give me all the wonderful compliments that he did today! :) Thank you babe! Love you bunches!
    Nice thread Moon! :)

13. CosmicEye

Gold Member

- boobs
    - cheese
    - when a chick gives me "the eye". It's flattering and makes me smile

14. RideNaked2

Gold Member

too funny! Made me smile just now too :)

15. RideNaked2

Gold Member

T just reminded me that when we stopped for lunch, I was being "sized" up by about 3 guys at the bar...I kept asking T if I had something on my shirt...made me smile

16. CosmicEye

Gold Member

yeah, that was first on my list lol.

17. Untamed

Verified Gold Member

My friends on giving me crap for playing Sims Social on facebook. Always makes me giggle.

18. RideNaked2

Gold Member

Don't feel bad, I get crap from my family for playing FarmTown! :) T is always asking me what I'm growing...then walks away giggling :)

19. RideNaked2

Gold Member

:lol:lol:lol

20. Moon

Moon New Member

Thank you hunny xxx

Today it was having the house to myself after the looooooong summer hols....6 whole long weeks of children as far as the eye can see.....lol

I had a shower uninterrupted and walked around the house naked :D bliss!!