The hypocrisy of sex in the U.S.

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by freemark, Jul 29, 2006.

1. freemark

freemark New Member

Everyone has their own comfort when it comes to sexual activities. In the U.S. we tend to be hypocritical about our views towards sex (lets say compared to Europeans)

There is one group that is quite open and free in their thoughts about sex. The other end of the scale we have those that follow a more puritan view. Of course neither is wrong, but we tend to run into trouble on a few different levels.

- First one one side tries to change the views of the other. Usually its the puritan side imposing their morals upon others.

- You then have those that are in the middle so caught up not knowing that there really is no right or wrong. This is the group that gets stressed out about sex. A certain amount of desire, a certain amount of restrain, a push-pull emotional roller coaster.

Now you can imagine what the middle group then runs themselves into. A stressful relationship wrapped up with a lack of communication causing a lot of frustration.

Does it not seem that we need to somehow relax about the very thing that mother nature has instinctively included as part of our DNA?

2. AnonymousOne

Gold Member

Since you appear to be arguing for a level of moral relativism, I feel compelled to ask the question:

Are you refering to a lack of moral right or wrong only to sex or to life in general?

3. Rose

Rose Resident Sexy Grandma
    Gold Member

I was confused with the word "hypocracy' in the title and the opening statement. Correct me if I am wrong but hypiocracy implies that one person has two (or more views) that theyt express, depending on which group they are conversing with at the moment.

Views of sex and sexuality is liike any other subject. There are people at every point of the spectrum. And I don't really see any logic in stating that the US has it 'worse' than Europeans, etc.You will find the controversy across the board and across the pond.

One group you failed to mention is the group that feels very relaxed about their sexuality. Many of us here are like that. But still, we have no right to try to change the minds of people with other views. We give honest answers to people with honest questions, but Sex is something that every person must feel at peace within themselves about.

#3 Rose, Jul 29, 2006
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2006