Since we were asked to leave Mitts thread. Lets carry on here. A few facts Only 1.8% of obesity is actually medically uncontrolable. The remaining 98.2% of overweight people are that way because they refuse to work at proper diet or deal with issues. A bit over 60% of the US poplulation is overweight, approx 33% are morbidly obese. The average dress size in 1993 was a size 8....it's now a 16 and expected to reach 20 by 2020, these are AVERAGE sizes. The US heath system, along with many others are being crushed by heath issues due to weight...the excesses of it.