The 'greatness' of sex?

Discussion in 'General Sex Discussion' started by BadgerPenguin, Jun 18, 2012.

1. BadgerPenguin

BadgerPenguin New Member

Hi,

I honestly had no idea how to title this thread so sorry if its misleading. also I'm writing this from my phone so I apologize in advance for any messy grammar, English is my 2nd language.

Also, wall of text.

well then, to the point.

I'm a 22 year old guy who a few months ago realized that sex doesn't seem to be my thing.

why you ask?

well over the past 5-6 years I've had a few partners, all of which I was in a stable relationship with where one of these lasted for 3 of those years.
    so I guess that would count to about 5 partners if I'm not mistaken.

I've always set my main priority to make sure that the girl I'm with is having a good time putting aside my own needs. I had never paid any attention to what I was doing until about 9 months into my last relationship that I only ever managed to finish maybe once in a 20-25 times.
    it didn't matter how or what she tried because nothing ever felt good, not blowjobs, not handjobs, nothing really and I've had this with every partner.
    I considered myself lucky if I managed to come during the sex rather than having to mess around after both she and I were tired from the sex itself.

what I'm trying to get at is that I've always been telling others that asked how sex is not all 'you'mainly to guys, make sure sex is fun etc, spice things up and I went through with all of that myself together with my partner's yet I still feel today like that sex was only a chore.
    sex is supposed to feel good and be nice, why is it that now when I've been without it for 11 months I'm not at all tempted to even have sex again.

I never went in to having sex with any expectations other than 'its supposed to feel good' yet even that failed me.

any thoughts? perhaps someone is experiencing something similar?

2. Polly

Polly Member

Are you on anti-depressants maybe? Those suppress the sex drive I've heard. I've also heard that what you're describing could be lack of testosterone and that can be a big problem - not because of the sex drive (that's just a symptom) but because this hormone helps you keep your bones, joints, muscle build-up and all sorts of other bodily functions in check.

3. OverSinged

Gold Member

or you could just be asexual *shrug*

4. lbushwalker

Gold Member

Indeed medications can certainly do that as I experienced for a number of months whilst regularly taking pain killers. They did not diminish the libido but certainly did the pleasure and almost in definitively delayed orgasm.

5. BadgerPenguin

BadgerPenguin New Member

Medication wouldn't be the case as I at mist take an aspirin every now and then, but how about diet in general? Back when I worked out a lot I would sense the lust but I always figured it was due to lack of energy why my body wouldn't cooperate in terms of sex.

correct me if I'm wrong but isn't asexuality lack of both desire and attraction?
    I'm still attracted to women, I just don't feel any need what so ever to have sex with them. mainly because I can't see it bringing me any good in any way.

6. lbushwalker

Gold Member

Ok, that being clarified Google asexuality and find many like minded souls on a number of forums. I hope you find a soul mate there.

7. BadgerPenguin

BadgerPenguin New Member

didn't expect that someone who is possibly asexual would be treated like plague around here, very well then this obviously wasn't the place to look for answers.

goodbye.

8. OverSinged

Gold Member

We're treating you like the plague? My dear sir, please avoid some places like the aforementioned plague. In those places, you don't even have to say anything to be treated like a plague-bearer.

9. somhairle

somhairle Well-Known Member

What have I missed? I thought the response there were pretty well considered?