The Good Day thread

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Maverick, Sep 10, 2011.

1. Maverick

Maverick Member

So, we have plenty of whine fest threads, bitch threads, and complain about something threads, so I thought I'd be the weird one and post a "How good was your day" thread.

The object of this thread is to post nice, positive things that have happened in your day. You got karmic payback finally for helping someone out 3 years ago, and that person returns the favor 10 fold??? I wanna hear about it.

So, today, I got to sleep in, and even though the new truck I am driving had issues, I was feeling good. My buddy came over, and we fixed the issues, and then hung out for hours with the parents and brother BSing until almost midnight. Was very fun and relaxing.

How was your day?

2. RideNaked2

Gold Member

Great idea for a new thread DB!

I have been out of the hospital for almost 3 days now...today is the first morning that I've gotten up and actually felt like doing anything! So far I have done my usual routine of housework..and am spending a little time on the computer. I have not been on the computer for more than a few minutes at a time since last weekend! So it feels GREAT!

Hope everyone has a great day/night! :)

3. Maverick

Maverick Member

Sweet, RN2. ;)

Let's see. My good day......I slept in till 9:45, and I was cuddled with my doggies. It's mildly warm and I'm possibly going to a wild techno party tonight.

4. luvbug

Gold Member

I saved a friends life yesterday-----literally.
    I dont feel like I have the right to share the story,but he said if I hadnt of gotten help when I did he would have died....he told me I saved his life. Im so thankful I was in the right place at the right time.

5. RideNaked2

Gold Member

I'm so glad that you were there for your friend luvbug!

6. luvbug

Gold Member

Today....my friend from yesterday is doing remarkably well..considering what he is going through at the moment. Just knowing he is ok and I am the one he wants to talk to about his loss makes my day great....knowing he feels he can confide in me is an awesome feeling.

7. luvbug

Gold Member

I am too.....more than you could possibly know. He is a wonderful man and I cant see my life without him.

8. RideNaked2

Gold Member

Cool that you got to sleep in this morning, and cuddled up with doggies - the best!
    Wild techno party??? I must be too "old" to know what that might be :lol

9. Maverick

Maverick Member

Awesome. It's good that you are persistent in that which you pursue.

Ditto 10x.

Awesome. It's great that you are feeling good with your friend. It's a positive thing in your life that you should hold onto.

Great!!! Hold on to the feelings, Luv. Even in bad times, think of the good, because not many do.

Ya....wild techno party.....lot's of wacked out people in my little town today. ;)

10. Maverick

Maverick Member

Well, my day was great. Waking up was beautiful, and then there was football all day. Let's just say me and football = Douchebag Zombie.

11. RideNaked2

Gold Member

Totally blew this thread yesterday... :(
    Yesterday T and I took a long motorcycle ride (for me anyway), stopped at a few parks along the way to enjoy some quiet time together. Also stopped and ate lunch at a great bar...great food! It was the most relaxing day that I've had in quite sometime!

12. Maverick

Maverick Member

So yesterday was fantastic. Had the day off (and today too) and got to watch both games last night, and got to play a lot of games with some good buddies. Cuddled with my mutts for a while, and just relaxed.

13. Maverick

Maverick Member

Today was great. I got in a nice sweat helping my Dad tear out a deck (me, crowbar, 90 degrees......sweat galore) and then did some grinding and got to take a 10 pound sledgehammer to some studs that wouldn't budge. I love to destroy stuff, and I love it when I get a nice sweat going, the kind that sheens off your arms and drips off your nose. Oh ya.

Now I'm home in a nice cool house, and drinking a Bud Light. Got some video games in the mail today, and I may go north to Alaska and drive the Ice Roads this winter. So, wonderful day.

14. RideNaked2

Gold Member

Sorry DB, my earlier post didn't save for some reason...

My positive today: My daughter drove home 2 1/2 hours home to be with me on a very horrible day for us all...got to see my grand daughter and feel her little arms around my neck..nothing like it! :)

15. Maverick

Maverick Member

Now that's what I'm talking about!!! There's positives in every situation. Took me a long time to see it, but it's the truth.

Glad you got to see your daughter, and little one, too. And remember, family is always there, but you have some friends who will be too. (As long as footballs not on LOL)

16. Ready2Please

Gold Member

Who cares about me.....HOW WAS YOUR DAY DB? :) lol

17. Moon

Moon New Member

I do..... You had an absolute bitch of a few days and I'm so glad your daughter was there for you xx

lol DB, 90 degrees?? I think I'd be hiding in that nice cool house all day lol

So yesterday........We had a very rough night with my daughter, its one of those things and it goes with the territory. I should have been sanding walls but I was shattered so I treated myself to a program I hadn't got to yet and cooked and cleaned the usual at my leisure.

18. RideNaked2

Gold Member

Thanks DB, I do feel that I've made some good friends here :)
    I seem to be a little more comfortable the past few days with posting and am feeling that it is a good sign. Thank you everyone for making me feel so welcome and really a part of this "family" :)

19. RideNaked2

Gold Member

I care Ready...how was your day? I hope you had a wonderful one!!! I hope you have a great day tomorrow!

20. Untamed

Verified Gold Member

I had a great day today.. woke up had breakfast with the kiddies made them lunch then dropped them off.

Came home noticed a couple of my girlfriends online playing Team Fortress 2.

Here's a little snippet (Approximately 7 minutes) of us playing this morning.. 3 hours total LMAO!! Good company playing video games my idea of a great time!!

After that went for a walk with my friend. All in all a good day :)

#20 Untamed, Sep 14, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2011