The G-spot IS the Clitoris

Discussion in 'General Sex Discussion' started by irresister, Feb 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. irresister

irresister New Member

The more detailed anatomy pics I look at of the female genitalia and the underlying system of the clitoris it seems more and more likely to me that what has been referred to as the G-spot is actually part of the forks of the clitoris buried in the upper walls of the vagina. What do you guys think? If so this would radically change the whole debate regarding clitoral vs g-spot or vaginal orgasm.

2. Rose

Rose Resident Sexy Grandma
    Gold Member

Interesting theory. Since the G-spot and it's effect on orgasms are in the very early stages of discussion (some don't even recognize the G-spot as an actual orgasm-creating mechanism), it's open for debate.

From experience there is a tremendous difference in an orgasm from clitoral stimulation and one from G-spot stimulation. While having a 'G', I sense no 'interaction' with my clitoris, and visa versa.

As far as being 'part of the forks of the clitoris', that may well be. After all, like the old song goes, "The ankle bone's connected to the ... shin bone. the shin bone's conected to the..." :lol (just a little humor :) )

3. irresister

irresister New Member

Connected...

Thanks for your response Rose. Mostly what I have heard and read from women is that the G-spot stimulation and orgasm doesn't feel as specific, which would make sense if it were the roots or fork of the clit getting stimulated in the deeper tissue, not getting stimulated directly. I have noticed for myself that the more engorged I am the closer to my introtis my g-spot seems to be, making it easier to access. The association with the stimulation of the g=spot and the feeling like you want to pee also makes sense to me physiologically. As far as the common description of where to stroke seems to be also pressing against the bladder. I have found it far more sensational to actualy stroke just to the right or left of the urethral sponge and I am convinced this is either root of the clitoris. Maybe the G=spot in the middle deeper in is the area where the clit divides into the two seperate forks/legs/roots. I am interested to hear more what you and others think.

4. yorkiesmurf

yorkiesmurf New Member

Interesting take. Due to its location I do not believe it is a part of the clitoris. I would have to say that the G-spot provided that it is a true anatomical feature and not the result of heightened arousal is a branch of the dorsal nerve that is manipulatable once enough stimiluation is brought to the area.

5. cbrmale

Gold Member

Given the recent Australian discovery of the actual structure of the clitoris, then it appears that the g-spot is part of an overall single structure. The only thing I know is if you find a woman's g-spot, and she's comfortable with what you are doing, then a big orgasm is guaranteed. For this man, even when having sex with near-strangers, the mysteries of the female orgasm were well and truly solved once I looked for and found g-spots.

6. Elvis

Elvis Member

7. loveit247

Gold Member

I have always beleived that the g-spot is part of the clitoris. Just makes sense to me. Feel similar, just in a different area.

8. bighiker2003

bighiker2003 Banned

It was once believed to be a bundle of nerves in or around the vaginal walls but is now reported to be the same as, or part of, the urethral sponge (Heath, 1984), the site of Skene's glands, a homologue of the prostate that exists in many women believed to be the source of female ejaculation.

It is located on the anterior, or frontal side of the vagina about half way between the pubic bone and cervix. Since its location is behind the anterior wall, pressure is needed to stimulate it.

The G-spot may not be just one discrete spot. Some have contended that it is merely the deep nerves of the clitoris as they pass through the tissue to connect with the spinal column. The clitoris has deep roots and may in fact change in size and slightly change in location as hormone levels fluctuate throughout a woman's life.

[edit] Eponym

It is named after the German gynaecologist Ernst Gräfenberg.

[edit] Controversy

Shere Hite, in The Hite Report on Female Sexuality, states confidently that the G spot does not exist. (Hite Report, 2004 Ed., P. 13)

I can'not believe that that the G spot and the clitoris
    are connected in any way as its forks of the clitoris go in front of the urethra
    not the vagina.
    And as far as the G spot goes it definitely exists, As I intend to hit the G spot
    every time I have sex whether it be with my finger or cock. As it produces
    a very intense orgasm, And if their is one thing in this whole world I love
    doing it is giving my Woman a great orgasm (should I say orgasm's)

Hiker

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

#8 bighiker2003, Feb 26, 2007
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2007
  9. irresister

irresister New Member

its forks of the clitoris go in front of the urethra
    not the vagina.

Hiker, I am not sure what you mean by this, where is the front of the urethra? To my understanding the urethral sponge is accessable inside the vagina, how can you seperate them?

10. cbrmale

Gold Member

bighiker,
    1984 is a long time ago. I first found out about g-spots in 1979 when researching an anthropological psychology thesis, it was used by some of the cultures we were writing on. It wasn't named in those days of course, g-spot came later.

11. maryf48

maryf48 New Member

OK here goes lol
    The G spot is around one and half inches inside the vagina on the anterial wall of the vagina not the posterial wall.
    Gosh lol I cant believe you all didnt know this!!

12. Rose

Gold Member

The urethra and the urethra sponge are not the same thing. the urethra is the opening betweent he clit and the vagina, for the purpose of pee-ing :) The urethral sponge is located in the tissue that separates the urethral opening and the vaginal opening.

[​IMG]
    This often-used diagram is helpful. (Credit 'bikhiker2003' for finding it!)
    The G-spot is enclosed within the wall of tissue that separates the vagina from the urethra.
    The clit is situated well in front of the urethra and its forks extend back toward the front of the urethra. In my opinion, since women are not 2-dimensional, it is quite possible for the forks of the clitoris to be 'stimulated' from G-spot stimulation, even though they are rather 'removed' from one another.

13. Rose

Gold Member

:lol - Most of us know it - we just get tired of repeating ourselves :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.