The Final Straw/Screwed Across State Lines

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Kermit, Dec 20, 2011.

1. Kermit

Gold Member

Okay another update in this saga i hope can put to rest soon. This is the straw that broke the camel's back, that just has destroyed any shred of sympathy i may have for my soon-to-be-ex wife. Fuck that bitch, i mean seriously. But thank you for allowing me to vent and if you felt like it taking the time to read my ventage.

I got a call from an unknown number yesterday. I had been expecting a call from a potential job, so i was hoping it was it. It was not, it was the worst call imaginable. It was a loan place wanting their money to the tune of 382 dollars.

I had left my final wage in my STBEW's (soon to be ex wife) account due to difficulty of retrieval and an agreement with her that it would be used to pay off that loan she forced me to get. They haven't recieved a dime and wanted at least 75 dollars. What infuriated me is that my STBEW told them i had skipped town (their words not mine) and she had no idea. Bullshit. That fucking bitch had map quest directions! And since being here has called me, so she knew exactly where i was.

I had to smooth things out to make sure they knew i wasn't dodging them, and although I didn't make enough i had at least 75% of their money that week for them. The money never got to them. She led me on saying it was going to them when i tried to request 50 bucks of my wages (i couldn't get to it myself)to pay off another loan place that was bugging me (i thought she had taken care of it, but she only paid a past due one two days before another was due and never told me another was due, i was forbidden any direct access to the finances so i only knew what she wanted to share) she was like "gosh if i do htis you're on your own for that loan, and you'll be fucked not my problem" and turns out i let her leave it alone for that particular loan and look where it got me: in that same position.

Ugh this is what i get if i show that whore the benefit of the doubt. I called her ass up to demand an explanation. She said they wanted it all and couldn't pay it and didn't (since it was not a priority not afraid of a bounced check int eh hundreds of dollars). This is bullshit cause she previously told me they would accept some payment if full is unavailable before when i was groaning about taking one for a second paycheck in a row and i got bitched out, and this information was confirmed on the phone with the loan place so she completely changed her tune about hte matter apparently to manipulate me.

Granted it was good she paid the water and power, but this was my money I earned she had no right to spend it outside the agreement. If i had known that whore was gonna screw me on that I would have taken it out myself. That's what i get for thinking she had a shred of decency. What really makes me mad is she had at least several lines of communication open, she could have informed me about having spent elsewhere (i would rather have her ask me instead i wouldn't have been as mad). I asked her about the skipping town comment (their words not mine) she said "oh for all i know you could have been with your parents! so i didn't know and plus "they didn't need to know" . Once again: bullshit. She has contacted me here, i have contacted her, she knew where i was. And they especially needed to know so if she wasn't gonna do what i asked her to do with my final wage.

She was trying to tell me that i needed to come back to Alabama since I would need to sign some tax papers, at least I know better. She wanted us to file jointly and I refuse to file jointly with her. She is not coming to within a mile of a single dime of mine whether it's a refund check or anything else. Still trying to get my W2 sent over here if i can get an address change in time.

At least i'm getting better on the phone, if she says "fuck you" i say "fuck you too sweetie." The sooner i get my divorce the better. My roommates agree so they approved of the idea that we can waive any rent agreement once i get employed in favor of saving up as much as possible to file for the divorce (probably six hundred bucks) of course with the agreement i would contribute to keeping the bills under control.

If you made it all the way through thanks for reading and putting up with my shit. But it's rougher living it and dealing with it than reading it. And yes i know I'm an idiot lol. Why should i give any respect or trust to someone who took away the debit card for fear i would drain her bank account (stealing her money) when at hte same time is appalled that i would even begin to think that her daughter might prevent me from retrieving my property (by either destroying it or preventing entry needed for retrieval) from her room (when i did not agree to her request to stay out of her room and bring it out) and be appauled (and assume i spread some lies about her) when my ride brought the cops with them. So it's okay to think me a potential thief (something completely of character....but for me (or others) to prevent certain actions that is supported into plausibility by previous statements or actions. Go figure.

#1 Kermit, Dec 20, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2011
  2. boobjob

Verified Gold Member

Sorry to hear it man. Good luck is all I can say.

3. Kermit

Gold Member

Thanks, it'll all be over soon and i'll be making long ass posts how happy i am finally :)

4. RideNaked2

Gold Member

Kermit...the only thing I feel is very sorry for your soon to be ex...and her child. If she is making things this difficult for you, what will she do to that poor child?

I'm so so very sorry! It will get better some day. Is there an option to file without an attorney? At least to get the paperwork filled out so that much is done? My daughter did that and then only had to pay the filing fee...but my soon to be ex son in law didn't read any of the paperwork and just signed it...I don't get that your soon to be ex would do that.

Can't wait to start reading how happy you are! Even though I believe that you are happier even with all this crap going on.

5. backcheck64

Gold Member

Ya wanna borrow my gun?

6. RideNaked2

Gold Member

I'm thinking that could land poor Kermit in prison...not sure if she is quite worth that???:eyes

7. allforjulie

allforjulie Member

I'm a lawyer in Australia it seems you need a lawyer to demand the money and get a fair share even though the money is in her account you have an equitable interst in it and so there are legal mean to address it. Perhaps even see legal aid

8. Everett_Spair

Everett_Spair Member

I hope everything works out in the end.

9. Meow181

Meow181 Active Member

Hang in there Froggie.... :)
    New year is around the corner and Im positive its going to be a great year for you
    Big hugs

10. backcheck64

Gold Member

OK, I know a guy....won't be enough left for a DNA sample, he's good.

11. MILF_Rider

MILF_Rider Member

In case it isn't already obvious, keep good records, document everything in writing, if you agree to something verbally follow up with an e-mail stating in writing "As per our discussion on <insert date here>..." and if you really want to cement it, a written copy sent by certified mail to document the fact that she received it in her hands.

Honestly, as far as it goes, I'm not sure exactly how you have this stuff set up, if you have income that is direct depositing into an account of hers, can you just have the loan paid by electronic funds transfer? If it's her account and not yours, then it seems it would be her problem if she overdraws. If you're handing over checks, I'd do the depositing on my own. If you don't know the account details, I'm hazy on where the laws are, but I'd think while you're married you should be entitled to know her accounts and you might find them off her credit report. I've had to find my own accounts that way when I got a letter after I thought I had closed an account and they tried charging me an annual fee.

12. Kermit

Gold Member

Well it was direct deposit into her account, and it was my final paycheck. Might ask for it when i file, (300 bucks) but I want to make it so neutral no lawyer would contest it cause her only motivation would be greed. I don't want anything from her, but i sure as hell ain't giving her anything. But at least it's been taken care of. I hate to sound like a mama's boy but my mom took care of it (my b-day and Christmas gifts were getting those loans i was forced into taking out). Thank goodness that is the last of them. And i worked out an agreement with my roomies once i am able to land a job i can forgo rent in favor of saving up as much as i can from my wages to file as quickly as i can.