The Ex

Discussion in 'Sex and Relationships' started by Miss-Honey-Bee, May 20, 2007.

1. Miss-Honey-Bee

Miss-Honey-Bee New Member

I didn't know where else to post this, so sorry if it's off topic.

18 months ago, my fiance of 2 years ended our relationship, because of something I'd done, and continued to do til then. I don't blame him. now, I'm glad he did, cause I've turned my life around for the better.

I met someone else almost 5 months ago, my first relationship since my ex, and we're so happy.

My ex also had a new relationship. Being mature adults, I thought we could be freinds, and we were. It soon turned out his girlfriend was horrible, cheated on him all the time, stole from him, did drugs etc, and now she's pregnant with another mans baby, so they have split up.

We exchanged texts every so often, me and my ex, and it's always friendly, but nothing more or less. Last night, I was about to fall asleep when he text me, saying 'really hope you're well. I'm going to kill myself tonight, bye bye x'

Half asleep, I replied asking what was wrong.

He replied saying 'I've had enough of everyone and everything. Just telling you, I'm away tonight.'

People who actually want to die don't tend to tell people they're going to do it, and I knew he wouldn't, so I told him I was disappointed, and I'd never had him down as a quitter.

He then said 'everything i know is a lie. Nothing left for me. I'm not going to bother you anymore.' at which point, I fell asleep.

I was awakened to another text saying 'see, i called your bluff. you don't care.'

I told him I knew he'd do that, and that I thought he was pathetic. I asked him not to contact me again. He text me twice more saying it was all my fault, and I make him sick.

Now I'm away, and furious! How dare he! Who does he think he is?

What to do?

x

2. ~emm~

~emm~ New Member

hes just making you feel like shit. ignore him, hes an attention seeking scum bag by the sound of it

3. Rose

Rose Resident Sexy Grandma
    Gold Member

Yep. He definitely needs help - but NOT from you! He'll only attempt to make you the scapegoat of his failings.

Definitely distance yourself from him. Perhaps telling one of his family members, or a close friend of his about your dialogue, and let THEM take the next step.

Hope your new relationship works out for you, too! :tup

4. Elisabeta

Elisabeta New Member

HoneyBee,

Ignore him. He's an imature non-adult -- a drama king. I had a guy try to pull that on me -- the guilt trip and everything. I told him to never call me again. He threatened to shoot himself. Did he follow through? No. I knew he wouldn't. He was just trying to manipulate me.

Next time he texts/calls you, simply do not reply.

...ever again.

5. outofmymind

outofmymind Member

Weird, I would ignore him

6. LaVitaDolce

LaVitaDolce New Member

Seems he needs professional help. I wouldn't talk to him anymore. He's just wanting some attention and it's best that you don't give him any.

7. kw4dol4w

kw4dol4w New Member

Next time, you might want to alert his parents and tell them that their kid is suicidal so they can help him. Or send him the cops saying that he threatened to commit suicide. If he's bluffing (like he probably his) he'll look like an idiot with the cops and an ambulance in front of his house. If he's not bluffing, you'll have done the only thing you could have done for him. Anyways, keep the text messages as proof that he did threatened to commit suicide so you don't get in trouble. Hopefully someone will teach him that you don't joke with that kind of stuff.

Stay away from this guy, you can't do anything for him. He'll just try to make you as miserable as he his. Leave it to his parents or to the police to deal with him.

8. Kronnie

Kronnie Banned

Miss_honey_bee as everyone else has said you did the right and correct thing.

You are well shot of him, and sounds like you have found a great guy now , so concentrat on him and forget about this other guy, he is a self destructive person, who ( as someone else has said ) trying to make you feel as low and as crappy as he does.

9. cyber_wryter

cyber_wryter New Member

Everyone above me seems to have given you excellent advice. I hope you will heed it. You are not qualified in this area and with the very best of intentions, you could actually do more harm than good.

10. slim25

slim25 New Member

Any thoughts of suicide, whether he is serious or not, need to be addressed professionally. It is not your role to be blackmailed like this. He needs to grow up a bit, as he sounds very young. By all means, be his friend, but do not accept his behaviour. Give him some numbers of helplines etc and tell him to get some help. He has issues that need addressing. Leave it at that. If he is serious, he will get help.