The birth of isis only the dead seen the end of war

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Dog_E_Ryder, Mar 26, 2016.

1. Dog_E_Ryder

Gold Member

If you want a good education on the dirt and blood of war, then catch this documentary by Michael Ware. A former war correspondent from CNN. I haven't seen it yet, but I always respected Michael's views and experience on the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan. Michael always seemed to put our guys first instead of the enemy in his line of respect. Unlike a lot of other correspondents, as well as a fair assessment of the war over the politics and correctness of the wars. I felt he was shooting straight, on most things and according to those I know who are, and were over there he is doing just that. This film tells the real story of the dirt of war from both ends, as he quotes in the interview it's a story of good men doing evil and evil men doing good.

In this documentary he tells of the actual birth of ISIS, contrary to belief they have been around for quite sometime. I know operators who have been telling me about these nut jobs for a few years now, and some of their depraved practices. This documentary should give you a good look of what its all about according to the reviews I have read. Hopefully it will also make everyone appreciate our guys fighting, and what they are going through.

#1 Dog_E_Ryder, Mar 26, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2016
    Mikey22 likes this.
  2. Mikey22

Gold Member

Thanks Dog E Ryder I'm going to check it out:cool:

Dog_E_Ryder likes this.
  3. Dog_E_Ryder

Gold Member

I think it will be a good doc. Michael gives a up straight shot from a perspective from the trenches and understanding whys and whats on the war. War is a dirty fucking business, that's why we must always use it as a last resort , unfortunately sometimes it's a necessary. It's not simple black and white reasoning.

A lot of people read a few things and think they know all the whos, whats and whys of the middle-east. The history is much more deeper than that, It's a very deep history of turmoil that started long long ago. As much as some of the lefty and righty rags would like for you to believe it's much more deeper than us for the the reasoning.

Mikey22 likes this.
  4. Dog_E_Ryder

Gold Member

#4 Dog_E_Ryder, Mar 26, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2016
    Mikey22 likes this.
  5. Mikey22

Gold Member

Michael Ware is really lucky to still be alive. People need to watch this

Dog_E_Ryder likes this.
  6. 10_3XL

Verified Gold Member

@Dog_E_Ryder and @Mikey22 - if you haven't, I would also strongly suggest reading The Forever War by Dexter Filkins. It's a damn good read.

To quote the Amazon "blurb":
    Account of America's conflict with Islamic fundamentalism and a searing exploration of its human costs ... witness the rise of the Taliban in the 1990s, the aftermath of the attack on New York on September 11th, and the American wars in Afghanistan and Iraq. Filkins is the only American journalist to have reported on all these events, and his experiences are conveyed in a riveting narrative...

Mikey22 likes this.
  7. Dog_E_Ryder

Gold Member

I have read some of his stuff, he makes some good points, but I don't agree with some of his assessments. I will try his book out to get a deeper scope. I was hoping I could get it free or cheaper with my prime choice kindle. I'm a cheap ass. :D

Mikey22 likes this.
  8. Dog_E_Ryder

Gold Member

Just finished this Documentary on HBO. it was one of the best I've seen on Iraq, A must see. :)

Mikey22 likes this.
  9. Mikey22

Gold Member

I'm watching it again:) It just started