the beautiful

Discussion in 'General Sex Discussion' started by ftheunion, Feb 29, 2008.

1. ftheunion

ftheunion New Member

I read the dialogue where Socrates and Hippias discuss 'the beautiful' and what is bueaty.

They offer up that a beautiful maiden is beautiful, but in comparison with a goddess......thats their way of thinking I suppose

They fail to find a suitable answer, as many things are beautiful, yet they don't know what makes something beautiful.

I am lost on this subject, but I take it that a naked woman is the prettiest thing ever (for a guy at least).

I don't think it is possible to know, cause the law of universals doesn't hold.

Not sure maybe just a rant, but could I hear support for the maiden and how she is or isn't the most beautiful of all other things........

2. cbrmale

Gold Member

You watched the film 'Venus', didn't you?

3. Thorn

Gold Member

It seems to me that those philosophers complicate everything they talk about. I have never studied them or their writings though.

To me beauty is something that is beautiful to me through vision or thought. Naked women can be beautiful to me but if sexual lust is in my head at the time I see a naked woman it somehow dilutes the natural beauty of a woman. A naked man can be beautiful too. Animals and nature scenes are beautiful, especially if nothing man made is in view. What's beautiful to one may not be to another human. What's ugly to one may be beautiful to another. Like the saying, "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder." Now I've complicated the discussion. :lol

4. Dreama

Gold Member

You've got to decide beauty for yourself. It's subjective, and no philosopher can give you the answer.

5. FlirtyChick

Gold Member

Yes, beauty is what one decides it is. Why do you think that every mother thinks thier own child is the most beautiful on earth?

Dreama rocks!

6. Dreama

Gold Member

You rock way more, Flirty chick. :phat

7. bighiker2003

bighiker2003 Banned

We want to know more about this.

Hiker

8. HardRocker

Gold Member

Beauty is only skin deep... but ugly goes to the bone.

Crusty the Clown

9. ftheunion

ftheunion New Member

Im out of ideas. I dunno, but whats the point of knowing if It can't be attained,.....like might just be desire in disguise..............

10. cook74

Gold Member

Surely there is some criteria...? Are we all just trying to be politically correct by saying beauty is in the eye of the beholder?(THORN! :mad :p) Can we just not say that we find this or that type attractive?

Some people may talk about art or nature or whatever... But this is a sexual forum so I would like to talk about the beauty that I can find in my sexual partner/s.

For instance... I like women that are a size 14 or over. I find that shape beautiful. A body that flows, that shows femininity etc. (My personal opinion only)

Actually now that I mention it...:eek:utahere

11. Puss_in_boots

Puss_in_boots Adminatrix
    Gold Member

It depends on the way you think about beauty. If you consider something beautiful to be something that is aesthetically perfect, then of course it's impossible to attain. We all know that perfection (of any kind) is an ideal that doesn't exist in reality. However, if you think of beauty more as that which pleases you, personally then yes, it is entirely possible to attain it.

Besides, what is considered aesthetically pleasing now is entirely different from what was considered beautiful 100 years ago, or even ten years ago. Tastes are constantly evolving and changing. In the 1700s tan skin on a woman was considered ugly and low class, but now tan skin on a woman or a man is considered sexy.

This brings back fond memories of being in college. :)