The Area Code exception?

Discussion in 'Sex and Relationships' started by sinfinity, Nov 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sinfinity

sinfinity New Member

Lol, so I was hanging out with this guy yesterday. And things went a little too far.

But I'm going to be in this other part of the country for a few more weeks. I'm wondering if I should bring it up to my boyfriend or if I should just forget it ever happened.

I saw Roadtrip for ever ago. And they mentioned this rule.

Is there really an exception to the cheating thing if you're in a different area code? :(

2. suite91

suite91 Member

I think you know the answer already.

3. Dreama

Gold Member

I think you should tell him-

4. sinfinity

sinfinity New Member

Okay, here's another part of it.

Why should I tell him when it's not going to hurt me at all, it's just going to hurt him?

It didn't mean shit to me. So why give him the grievance?

Still. This is an interesting question. Does it exist or NO?

5. Barbwire

Gold Member

It's not wise to take your code of moral conduct from a frat boy movie, IMHO.

You say it doesn't bother you one little bit, so why are you asking us about it? Are you sure it doesn't bother you just a little, perhaps?

6. sinfinity

sinfinity New Member

Of course it bothers me. It just wasn't meaningful to me. There's a difference.

Here's the way I see it. When you cheat and you regret it, you should have to deal with that guilt as your punishment.

When you confess, you put that off on the other person. They're the one who ends up suffering the most, not you.

When I leave here, I'm never going to see that person again because they travel for work constantly. Not that I would even want to, anyway.

I know this to be true, because a friend of mine decided to tell her husband about her cheating on him a year after it happened when she was re-entering the church. Her pastor even told her NOT to tell her husband about the incident, but she did. They're still together, but he suffers constantly from depression. It wasn't to make him feel better at all. She told him so she could feel better about it.

7. Barbwire

Gold Member

Apparently, her pastor didn't believe in John 8:32. :ugh

Sorry about confusing the part where you said it didn't mean anything to you and thinking it meant it didn't bother you.

8. Dreama

Gold Member

I'm sorry, but this sounds like selfish excuses of a cheater. Sorry, but they do. There is a reason that relationships should be based on trust-Maybe you're not serious enough about being in the relationship. I mean, I don't care if you take my advice or not, but you've asked opinions and I'm giving mine.

9. sinfinity

sinfinity New Member

I asked whether or not the rule existed. I didn't exactly ask for your opinion on cheating.

But I do agree with you - relationships should be based on trust. I've only been seeing my boyfriend for a for about a month, so that could have something to do with my lack of seriousness.

You didn't really give me advice either, you know. You just told me I was making selfish excuses.

10. Dreama

Gold Member

If you read my earlier post, I did give you advice. It was to tell him. kthx

Oh, and for the record, that does NOT exist. Have fun!

11. sinfinity

sinfinity New Member

12. PassionateMale

PassionateMale New Member

Definitely wasn't a frat boy movie. The guys involved were not in a fraternity, but that is besides the point.

Of coarse its cheating.

13. Barbwire

Gold Member

This, I know. I was trying to think about what the most accurate term for the genre would be, so, I made that one up. ;)

14. HardRocker

Gold Member

I may have yo lobby my congressman to propose a new bill. The area code bill.

15. Barbwire

Gold Member

I'm sure 80% of the politicians the bill is presented to will vote "Yeah. "Yeah, baby, yeah!" for it. It's the mother of all loopsholes for cheaters.

Bill Clinton's going to give himself a "Coulda had a V-8" slap on the forehead when he hears about it and realizes he should have thought of it first. :lol

16. HardRocker

Gold Member

........:lol

17. Old Hippie

Old Hippie New Member

Hi,
    I have been in a monotonous (whoops I mean monogamous) relationship for 38 years with a little swinging in the first year or so. It made me realize that I didn't have the right kind of constitution for it. Why I bring this up is because I consider some of the decisions I made mistakes; like steering my wife into my desires when in actuality I didn't enjoy her doing it with another man. That's my backround, mostly monogamous.
    So anyway, I think if your relationship is only a month old you should do what you feel you want to do. I see your point of view clearly and understand after inflicting wounds upon myself with bad judgement. Your right your guy will hate it. You are still young and could have made a mistake. If you don't want to tell him don't.
    Other than that I agree with the others about trust. If this is a one time lesson so be it. If you do it again then you are going to cause real problems for you and your partner.
    O.H. :uhh:

18. Dragon_Fire

Gold Member

I think that if you can't stay faithful for a month, you're in the wrong relationship in the first place.

19. justthegirl

justthegirl New Member

did anyone else notice that the first thing she typed was "Lol"?? that should show how serious she really is i guess.

if you even care about the person you're dating, then cheating is NEVER an option. i cant believe you seriously asked if there is an "area code rule" geez.

20. Northside

Gold Member

Sweetheart you are right about it will hurt him not you. You don't seem to even be sorry for what you did, it's a joke to you! Now I can appreciate the humor in the area code remark, but it loses something when your boyfriend is the butt of that joke. My advice: don't tell him, do him a real favor and break up with him before you hurt him again and again. If you made a mistake and were truly sorry for what you did, I'd say try to make it up to him and move on. You ain't sorry, it's a joke to you. Are you trying to find somebody to help you rationalize your actions here? Good luck. I don't know the guy but he deserves better than you can give at this point in your life. Set him free and give him a chance to find some one who cares about him. You don't.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.