[Ask a Girl] The Appropriate Toy

Discussion in 'Ask a Guy/Girl' started by somhairle, Jan 24, 2012.

1. somhairle

somhairle Well-Known Member

Ok, I'm pretty sure that this has been asked loads of times but my request is a bit specific.

I am looking for a toy for my wife - probably Valentine's day. She has never used one, is a (big) bit shy and will probably take some encouragement to actually use it. However, there is a very good reason for getting her this that I won't go into.

So, what can I get her that is a vibrator type (not a dildo), doesn't look like an alien from some distant galaxy, wouldn't stretch the vagina of prime Heffer, can be used by her on her own, me with her, and while having sex simultaneously. It should be discrete and not one that can be heard by the neighbours 3 streets away. And comes in some demure packaging that doesn't frighten her before she even opens the box. I think it would be good if it was not a phallus that made me look totally inadequate and destroy any hopes of satisfaction that she can expect for from the real thing..............me!

It would also be helpdful if it does not require a mortgage to buy the thing.

That's about it.

2. pbs

pbs
    Gold Member

My wife loves to use the Deluxe Crystal Wand while I lick her clit. It's perfect for hitting the G spot or the inner legs of her clit that are up against the sides of her pubic bone. She knows exactly where the sweet spots are in there and just how to touch them.

It's a plastic device, shaped like an "S," and can be re-bent by heating to fit her exactly.

3. qcumbr1

qcumbr1 New Member

Since this will be her first toy I would suggest starting out with something small like a bullet vib or a pocket rocket. These are for clitoral stimulation and can be used together or alone. Once she is comfortable with that, then move on to bigger toys. If ya shop online for them you should be able to find one or the other at a reasonable price.

4. 12barblues

Gold Member

if you think she's a bit shy about toys, why not start with something that you wear, but that pleasures her...like a vibrating cock ring? we bought one..(my girls not shy about ANYTHING...lol)...
    if she's never had a vibrator, that would be a good way to introduce her to just how good that can feel...

5. lbushwalker

Gold Member

The "We" vibrator seems to fit all you criteria.

6. awakened

awakened New Member

I want a WE vibrator:rose

7. lbushwalker

Gold Member

LOL awakened;
    They are relatively (Au$200) expensive compared to other stuff available but the quality is superior and made of very fine material & fully compatible with use as an intimate device.
    If it were a computer it would be akin to an apple i-Mac compared to run of the mill Windows based PC in terms of elegance, ease of use & care and lacking in clutter.
    For those not familiar with the WE vibrator it is a dual U shape vibe with one branch designed for internal vaginal and the other simultaneously stimulating the clitoris.
    The real beauty is that it can remain in situ even with penile penetration thus enhancing the sexual pleasures for both partners.
    Google for more info but beware it is an addictive device ;)

8. dilligaf0308

dilligaf0308 New Member

9. lbushwalker

Gold Member

10. somhairle

Thanks, guys. (BTW......how come Awakened is the only female to respond????)

PBS - your suggestion looks good but think it may be a bit too much to start with.
    12barblues - appreciate your suggestion but really want something that she can use by herself - if she wants - or with me. I think that your idea is a bit further down the calendar!
    Ibushwalker and dilligaf0308 - I really like that toy and being the owner of several Macs, appreciate the analogy. Think that may be her birthday present for the middle of the year or even next Christmases surprise.
    gcumbr1 - that leaves the options that you have suggested. I may get away with something in that range. They don't look like they will frighten the horses and are discrete enough to be acceptable as a first toy.

Awakened - you now know what to ask Santa for next year!

Thanks, guys. Would still like a girls opinion, tho' :ugh

11. Mittimer

Gold Member

Female here:
    I if you just want to get her something that vibrates, go for an egg. The Doc Johnson vibrating egg has some of the most intense vibrations I've ever gotten from something so small.

There's also the "ohmibod". It's a vibrator (smooth, phallic like but not a dildo) that you attach an ipod to and your headphones to and it vibrates to the beat of your music.
    I recently invested in that and have to admit, it's pretty damn cool.
    http://www.ohmibod.com/wired-vibrators/ohmibod.php <--- a little about the toy

#11 Mittimer, Jan 25, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2012
  12. cowboyup

cowboyup Member

i say a pocket rocket.
    i got one of my GF's one and she said it was the best toy she ever had. and they are fun to use as a couple as well

13. lbushwalker

Gold Member

Dammit yes.......playing Ravel's Bolero!

14. somhairle

Mittimer - what if you are into metal............? :eek

I'll check out the egg, too. Better than a bullet or rocket?

BTW.......... hope these things don't hurt if she decides to throw it at me :lol

15. awakened

awakened New Member

16. ply

ply
    Gold Member

As just posted on another thread, The favorite vibrator of several women I know is a massager sold at just about every chain store. Most cum with several attachments but the hands down in your crotch favorite seems to be the knob.This was also several of these womens first vibe and still their favorite even though they all have several to choose from now

17. somhairle

18. somhairle

19. somhairle

OK, so this thing has arrived and has been tucked away for Valentine's Day. But it is tiny. I thought it would be bigger than it is - about the size of a tampon!

Is there not a risk that this will disappear where it shouldn't disappear?

I feel you should tie a piece of wood to it to stop it from being lost.

I'm not very good at this, am I..................?:eyes

20. ply

ply
    Gold Member

Don't insert it anywhere anf loose grip of it. There have many an embarrassing trip to the E.R. to remove lost objects