Tell us about your dogs

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by ninja08hippie, Feb 21, 2014.

1. ninja08hippie

ninja08hippie Official SF Hugger
    Gold Member

They've been our species' right hand animal for 30,000 years and they're so happy that you are in their lives. If you've chosen to be some dog's life companion share them with the rest of us.

This is Cerberus, he was found in the woods in Pennsylvania. His thumbs were removed and he has a serial number on his ear. That shows he was a well treated stud for a reputable breeder (they take the thumbs off the males to protect the female during breeding.) He also was a daddy dog and stayed with the puppies I think because now he spends time with my neighbor's tiny dogs and he treats them like puppies and he loves playing with them and encouraging them. I think that maybe after he got too old to breed they tried to make him a hunting dog. He's not very smart so he probably got distracted and lost. He was about five, then I adopted him. Then he lived with me for a year in New York alone, then we moved here about three years ago. I have a friend who brings him over while I'm at work where he plays with his two best friends. Two girl chihuahua who love playing with him. He outweighs them by thirty pounds, but he's very careful and he's always happy. Because he's been getting older, recently I've been letting him sleep in the bed with me. He watches over his master while I sleep, then every morning he gets to go on an adventure with master and help me check the perimeter of our territory by peeing on everything.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Kiltedtxn

Gold Member

Ok, last two just kicked my allergies into high gear, especially the last pic as I have been in almost that exact situation.......just not quite as many comrades present to say good-bye.

I could kill the bandwidth on this one, I'll find a couple of my favorite pics and post them soon.

:(

ninja08hippie likes this.
  3. lbushwalker

Gold Member

Dogs see tattooed on my forehead: this dude loves dogs!
    They just know and react likewise.
    I have done without my mum, can survive without my ex, live with difficulty without my SO but not without a dog. If I was ever to be incarcerated (note not castrated) it would be the touch or lick of my dogs that I would pyne for most.
    Currently have an Australian red kelpie sheep dog Red (Baron) and his sidekick little mate jack russel Snoopy. An unlikely pair but they get on famously and both vie for my affection. Kelpie ever faithful protector and look out, jack serious in keeping all manner of critters at bay but spends much time licking and resting his little head at my feet.
    Oh but I do love pussy too, just as my SO ;)

ninja08hippie and Kiltedtxn like this.
  4. CaramelLady

The beginning of this thread is so touching. It brought tears to my eyes.

5. igor

Gold Member

Thanks, Ninja for that contribution! I now have my 7th dog (always had one). She is half Cocker and a real sweetheart.

luvbug and ninja08hippie like this.
  6. MordsithLove

Gold Member

My furbaby is Xena, a 2yr old Doberman pinscher. By far the best dog breed I've had in my life. She lives up to her name to the fullest limit. A lover and protector, such a sweetie and so smart! I am most definite I will always have a Doberman in my home til I die.

Now I gotta go give her hugs and kisses!

7. Kiltedtxn

Gold Member

Looks like my ex still has the pics of my "boys" so I'll have to work on that.......

I call these my "Big 3"......

Ivan, my narcotics dog, had him from birth, trained him with the help of the local PD, SO, and the AANG.
    At his peak he tipped the scales at 140 pounds, found four 6 kilo bricks of cocaine in the wings of a 737 that had just returned from undergoing maintenance in Costa Rica.......I swear that mutt walked around two feet off the ground for the next week (pride not powder;)). Ivan was the one who got the send off after an inoperable tumor was discovered in his shoulder and chest, he was only five......I cried for days.

Shasta, Ivan's litter mate and a wee bit smaller at 120 lbs., absolutely loved the smell of nitrates so with the help of an Air Force K-9 trainer Shasta became an explosives dog. About two weeks after the OKC bombing we got called in for a suspicious bag, Shasta alerted midway down the aisle of an MD-80 (I freaked the fawk out), turns out it was a consultant who got called out to do a field job.......his wife was away with the luggage so he emptied his shooting bag and used it for a carry-on. Shasta thought it was fun but I couldn't poop for a week! Shasta started seizing at around 8 years old, the seizures rapidly grew in intensity and duration, a friend of the family was head of animal control and came up to the house to end his suffering.........he passed on my side of the bed with his head on my pillow.......I missed two days of work and I'm teary eyed as I type this.

Blackie, another litter mate and the "little brother" at about 65 lbs., had no formal training but seemed to have a knack for detecting people that were hiding and had the biggest attitude of the three (Napolean syndrome?). No shining moments/spectacular busts as a matter of fact the only thing really noteworthy was him taking out a homeless guy on our facility (didn't attack, just knocked him ass over tea kettle), figured I would wind up getting my ass sued off:rolleyes:. Blackie succumbed to TMB and was buried next to his brothers.

These guys were the babies when my twin sons came home from the hospital for the first time, they accepted P&P into the pack immediately and my mom thought she was going to get eaten when she came by later that day to see her new grand-babies:eek::D.

There are a couple more, maybe I'll give the bio on them in the near future

8. ninja08hippie

ninja08hippie Official SF Hugger
    Gold Member

Aww, I'm sorry for your loss. Losing a family member is hard.

9. backcheck64

Gold Member

He's dead. He was Welsh Corgi Pembroke.

10. biker061

Gold Member

Some anthropologist think cats were the first domestic house pet! In honor of that we are allowed to share our lives with five cats tight now.

11. backcheck64

Gold Member

We only have three cats...

biker061 likes this.