Technical Virgins

Discussion in 'General Sex Discussion' started by Scribble, Apr 23, 2008.

1. Scribble

Scribble New Member

Does anyone here still believe in "technical virginity?" You know, whoring out all of your other orifices, while leaving that one immaculate vagina all pure and untouched until the night you get drunk and sleep with the quarterback? Or just screwing as many other women as possible, thinking that because it's not a penis, it doesn't count

Personally, I say that I'm not a virgin. I haven't been a virgin since junior year in high school...

#1 Scribble, Apr 23, 2008
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2008
  2. Caitlain

Caitlain Banned

If you believe that the concept of "virginity" reflects a state of purity (the original concept behind the word), then there's no way you claim to be pure after having taken it up the ass, I'm sorry. There were girls in my HS that did anal to "preserve their virginity." I just had to laugh. I'm sure your deity would say, yeah, you only took it up the ass, so you're still pure. lol

3. JuicyB

JuicyB New Member

Women "screwing" women?

What do you use to "screw" them with? It sounds really interesting actually!

4. ninja08hippie

ninja08hippie Official SF Hugger
    Gold Member

I think that if she has a penis inside of her, she's lost her virginity. Doesn't matter which hole.

5. Puss_in_boots

Puss_in_boots Adminatrix
    Gold Member

I've already posted about this but I'm glad you brought it up. One of the unintended consequences of the "abstinence only until marriage" education program (which is still the only "sex education" program being taught in the majority of the US) is that many of the young people having this program inflicted on them are taking the message of "no penetrative vaginal sex until marriage" very seriously.

So seriously in fact, that many of them are instead (you guessed it), happily engaging in oral and anal sex under the misguided belief that such activities don't count as "real" sex, and after wards they can still consider themselves virgins. They are preserving the sanctity of the vagina until that day they say "I do."

Somehow I'm not so sure that the proponents of the abstinence-only program would like the idea that their converts are engaging in fellatio and sodomy.

6. loveit247

Gold Member

LOL to the whole concept. I am so glad I am a guilt free heathen!

7. ninja08hippie

ninja08hippie Official SF Hugger
    Gold Member

A lot of those people saving themselves for marriage do so for religious reasons, isn't sodomy a sin as well? I an very annoyed at the thought of "abstinence only sex education" because it's kind of like "just hold it potty training."

Like you said they are going to do it anyway, even if it's not vaginal. It's just as easy to spread STDs with oral and anal sex as it is vaginal.

I'm lucky enough to live in the north east where real sex education is taught. Someone should do a study correlating STDs with different sex-ed styles. *Off to the internet!*

8. JuicyB

JuicyB New Member

My God loves sex!

I'm a guilt free Christian!

Except for things I should feel guilty about, like hurting others.

9. Dreama

Gold Member

I'm a guilt free agnostic. Let's all be guilt free buddies. :)

10. Kanto

Kanto Member

An intact hymen used to be a big selling point if you were trying to get rid of a daughter in an arranged marriage. I guess it was the purity equivalent of licking a knife that was poked into a package of heroin.

Its pretty meaningless these days. Lots of gals lose theirs for reasons other than sex. Lots of gals have them who have done the brown-town slip-n-slide as well as licked the wang-cicle.

11. yorkiesmurf

yorkiesmurf New Member

Technical virgins do not exist. It is a word used to justify having sex without having to say that you have said. If you have had oral sex, anal sex or do anything with the word sex in it is still sex which means you are no longer a virgin.

12. Bluesy

Gold Member

Right on! I mean, seriously, do lesbians/gay men never lose their virginity? :eyes

13. Puss_in_boots

Puss_in_boots Adminatrix
    Gold Member

I'm actually not sure if there have been any comparative studies done between different sex-ed systems, but there have been plenty of studies done regarding the aftermath of the abstinence-only program. The results are hardly surprising. One of the many inaccurate pieces of information the abstinence-only program tells young people, is that they shouldn't use any condoms or birth control because condoms (according to them) "don't really work" and birth control pills lead can lead to "early death."

The theory behind this is that maybe if they tell young people that birth control and condoms are bad for them, that this will somehow prevent them from having sex. All it's done is prevent them from have protected sex, and as a direct result teenage pregnancy rates have risen for the first time since 1991. Equally worrisome but not at all surprising is that fact that STD/I rates have skyrocketed. One recent study found that one in four teenage girls (tested in the study) tested positive for some kind of STD.

14. sarah_rslp

sarah_rslp New Member

I think there's a pretty warped sense of logic involved when anal sex is used as a method of preserving virginity. Saying that in the past where women that lost their virginity were seen as damaged goods I suppose it was an option if the pressure to have sex was unbearable. Of course none of these charming sexual notions applied to men.

For my part I considered sex to be include oral vagina or anal, I stayed a virgin a while longer than most of my mates. I did do other stuff with guys so myself and my bf's usually had some relief from our hormones.

Anyway this whole 'technical virgin' stuff it belongs in the past. I've read of women having surgery to replace their hymens just to keep their husbands happy on his wedding night and I just got depressed.