Tattoos

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Ice Cold, Sep 22, 2006.

1. Ice Cold

Ice Cold New Member

My girl and I were thinking of gettin tattoos, not matching ones, or anytype of correllation, but just at the same time. I want one on my forearms, she wants one on her wrist and possibly round her pussy area. She loves hello kitty and was thinking of gettin her face right off to the side of her pussy. We both realize tats are permenant and want to make the right choice, shes also nervous about a tat down there and would really like something that's sexy and she won't mind lookin at for the rest of her life. Any suggestions on tatts or any sites where we could look at other pubic tatts?

2. Bluesy

Gold Member

I think the Hello Kitty idea is adorable :) Personally, I think it's a good idea to wait a while after making that decision. If you're still enthralled with your tattoo concept in time, you'll know it's the right one. I've known a few people with tats who never once regretted their impulsive decision to get one, though, so I guess it's highly individual.

I've been wanting to get a tattoo for several years now...I think I've changed my mind at least a dozen times, lol. There are two that have withstood the test of time, so I think I'll probably go with them when I'm ready. One is a crescent moon and stars on the upper-right shoulder blade, and the other is a purple (deep purple) butterfly on the pubic bone. I have in mind exactly what I want the butterfly to look like, so it will be a challenge to find someone who can satisfactorily translate that into art. It would feel a little weird to get that intimate with a stranger wielding a sharp instrument that close to my sensitive bits...but they're probably like doctors in that they've seen it all and aren't fazed.

P.S. Tattoos on men are big-time sexy :D

3. AnonymousOne

Gold Member

I want the following in between my shoulder blades:
    [​IMG]

*disappears again*

4. pirouette

Gold Member

A1, where the hell have you been? :eek
    I thought you were lost!

....oh, yes, the post topic. ...I don't have any suggestions as far as individual websites. But I would spend a lot of time looking at flash. My husband and I have a matching tattoo - our wedding rings. I have no other tattoos. He has 7 other large tattoos, however. Whatever you choose, TAKE YOUR TIME THINKING ABOUT IT. :)
    Also, spend the bucks on them. Don't look for a cheap tattoo artist. Look for an expensive one that works by appointment only. Check out the artist's portfolio carefully. It is rare to find a good, cheap tattoo. If it's cheap, you may pay the prcice later to repair, remove, or cover it.

5. FormerFreak

FormerFreak New Member

That's a beautiful image, Anony! Where did you get it?!

6. AnonymousOne

Gold Member

Pirouette, I've been ridiculously busy, got involved in some things here at school this year that kinda dropped in my lap at the last second and they're taking up alot of time. Sorry hun. I didn't mean to worry you. :eek:

Former, It's the logo for the progressive Metal band Opeth.

7. bunnycat

bunnycat New Member

A1 my favorite sauce.:p

8. AnonymousOne

Gold Member

Whoah whoah lass! Hold your horses for just a bit, I'm not THAT easy.

9. bluenavigator

bluenavigator New Member

Whoa whoa!! Tattoos are permanment, okay? Why not go with henna first? That way, you can look at them and see if you really like them and want to keep them forever.

One of my friends always wanted tattoo for long time. Just that he wasn't sure if he wants it after all. His wife suggested him to get henna first. So he went for that routine. The artist had to shave his forearms and back! He is one hairy guy! When the hennas were done, he likes it very much. A week later, his hair grew back. You couldn't see shit at all! He was glad that he didn't waste his dough.

10. Rose

Rose Resident Sexy Grandma
    Gold Member

That's good advice, blue. Thorn & I still haven't gotten the tatt that we have been talking about for 2 years!

IceCold, try that henna suggestion. I think I will too. Can't be too catious when it comes to 'forever'!

11. Ice Cold

Ice Cold New Member

I always thought that Henna was something that is done at fairs and lil festivals, i didnt really think that you could get a temporary henna tattoo anywhere you wanted. I will suggest this too her next time we discuss tats

12. BiBiBaby

BiBiBaby New Member

i will be getting my tat eventually...i've had the general design in my head for about 3 years and it has morphed over time...but for the last year i have been stuck between 2 i love...

[​IMG][​IMG]

13. Joe

Joe
    Gold Member

I'd start small and inconspicuous. I've noticed lots of big tattoos on young people the last few years; I guess it's the latest rage. Remember, popularity of these things come and go, and what may look cool to you now might not look so great in another decade. Advice from an old fart, when considering a tattoo, think small. A big tattoo on your shoulder isn't going to look great when you're wearing a fancy evening gown to a formal affair. My wife has a small (2-inch?) tattoo of a rose on her ankle. It's not too noticeable, but it's nice.

14. HerHubby

HerHubby The SF Poet Laureate
    Gold Member

Just out of curiosity: So you can get a henna tattoo and they are not permanent?

15. bluenavigator

bluenavigator New Member

Hennas are temporary tattoos. There are professional henna artists around, just stay away from these ones at fairs and festivals! They are amatuers and won't do that good art work and they use cheap inks, i.e. kiddie face paints. Hennas are supposed to last at least a month at most. That way, you will get the feeling of having one and reactions from people.