[Ask a Guy] Tattoos

Discussion in 'Ask a Guy/Girl' started by nurseharley, Jan 26, 2011.

1. nurseharley

Gold Member

this is for both sexes :)

what are your thoughts on tattoos? are they a turn on or ugly distractions?

2. sinner

sinner New Member

I like small tattoos my wife has a smiling moon and clouds on her lower back. I love to look at it. But if she had more I would feel it would detract from her own beauty. I wouldn't object though to something else placed privately like on her boob or hip. Again I like them small as an accent rather than a covering.

3. dude2154

dude2154 Member

SWL it would be a sin to put a tat on your body not that I have a problem with them I have them my wife has them all my friends have them but you can't improve on perfection

4. nurseharley

Gold Member

i guess i should answer my own question!

i used to find tattoos very unattractive on both genders, huge turn off...then i met a guy with tattoos all over his arms, his back, and his leg. i didnt like them at first, but the more i grew to like him, the more his tattoos started to turn me on. so much so that a lot of guys who i had considered unattractive because of their tattoos were beginning to give me a girl boner (i gotta stop using that term yall). long story short, i love them now.

on girls it's a different story. it's all in the placement and size. i have considered getting a small one but it would probably be something i'd regret when i'm 40 (or the next day), like hello kitty or bows...or both.

5. Beach

Beach New Member

ironically my story isn't all that much different than yours. initially I held poor opinionregarding people and their tattoos. but once I decided to do a cover up on a small shoulder tattoo, I grew to really appreciate others artwork. the more research I didand artwork I saw,the more appreciative I became.
    now that I have been into it4 a while I now appreciate them all the moreon women.
    weird I know, but I actually find little tattoos somewhat unattractive. a larger piece that's beautiful can be amazing.

6. GreyGoose

Gold Member

For the most part I like tats.

7. backcheck64

Gold Member

Can't stand them. Would never even consider getting one and if I was single, wouldn't date a women with tats. Maybe it was my upbringing, tattoos were for trash, prisoners, and sailors....I guess it stuck. Got friends with them, but I still have a negative image of them. And you might think they look cool when you're young, but when your 50 or 60 and they're sliding off your shoulder or streched out from weight gain or sagging body parts...absolutely nothing sexy about that.

8. nyxx

nyxx New Member

depends on what it is. big large arm length tattoos are ridiculous. little ones on the shoulder or back or arm, not a problem

9. luvbug

Gold Member

I have 2 small tats...I love them! Im not crazy about full body tats...but to each their own.

10. AndSoItWasWritten

AndSoItWasWritten New Member

I have one, and they are very addicting! The only thing keeping me from getting more is money. I think it tells a lot about a person by what sort of tattoos they have.

11. outofcontrol

outofcontrol New Member

I prefer women i date to be without, but one with a lot of meaning behind it wouldn't bother me.

12. Aspen

Aspen New Member

it depends on the tattoo's, if they have a meaning behind them then that's cool but if they have them just to have them then that's just ridiculous

13. backcheck64

Gold Member

OK, here's one for ya bug...Across the entire back...two rabid pit bulls tearing apart a small child as a vulture pecks at the body. Sick, yes twisted, yes just wondering if I can get someone to do it. LOL

14. Texas_Red

Gold Member

Neither.

I used to be somewhat against them one of my exes, but she ended up getting one anyway and it wasn't terrible. I think part of the problem was that most of the examples she used were girls who were heavily tattooed.

I think in the end it depends on the tattoos, if they are tasteful and/or have meaning, etc. A girl with a shitload of pointless tattoos is just going to turn me off.

15. Texas_Red

Gold Member

I laughed. 1 ticket for the bus to hell please. :D

16. backcheck64

Gold Member

I'll save you a seat, I have a bus reserved. LOL

As long as you rap Fuck the POlice Fuck Fuck Fuck the POlice.

17. htoad

htoad Active Member

Small, discreet ones I don't mind. Bunnie has discussed getting a small one on her ankle, something cute that doesn't call attention to itself. For me the only things I want sticking my skin are needles to donate blood, or to draw blood to determine my health. :)

Large, showy ones are not my thing. Those may look cool in one's youth, but it seems many older folks regret getting big showy ones when they were young.

18. Texas_Red

Gold Member

I can do that. Might even imitate Silence of the Lambs a la Clerks 2. :lol

19. backcheck64

Gold Member

I'll have to gain a lot of weight, but I can be Silent Bob LOL I think I'll watch Clerks II tonight. LOL

20. BlueLizard

BlueLizard New Member

I hope I inspired this discussion...lol As is plainly visible, the Blue Lizard is one of 4 I have...a dragon...a thing...a mistake...and Blue on my Shoulder.

Dreamer has me beat tho...she has 7...all of which I love and get to play with...