Tattoos & Piercings

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Rose, Jul 7, 2005.

1. Rose

Rose Resident Sexy Grandma
    Gold Member

Just got my belly button pierced yesterday! I love it!! I might get a small tattoo (actually to cover a little scar on my ankle) later on this summer.

Anyone else? What tattoos or piercings do you have?
    "Inquiring minds want to know!"

2. longnstrong

longnstrong New Member

i have a tattoo on my face, of an ungly black guy.;)

#2 longnstrong, Jul 7, 2005
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2005
  3. Rose

Gold Member

[​IMG]

4. Mystic

Mystic New Member

I have my toungue, navel, and ears pierced (twice on lobes and twice on upper part). And 2 tattoos, one of a yin yang/sun looking thing on my...yup you guessed it lower back! (where EVERY young woman gets a tattoo! but hey I like it!) And a black cat on my ass.

I don't know if it is a wise idea to get a tattoo over a scar because scar tissue doesn't take the ink very well. BUT if you find a good (and I stress good! not some sleezy tatto parlour on the edge of town) he/she will tell you before they even start if they think it will take and how it will look and let you decide. The place I had both of mine done have lifetime warrenties, lol!, and I can have them touched up as much as they need to be for free for...well the rest of my life =) My lower back one has not needed anything, but my cat had started to fade in one spot and I had it touched up about a month ago.

5. columbus17

columbus17 New Member

A tat on each upper arm--was a tradition in the navy before it became so fashionable for the mainstream.

No piercings, not now, not ever.

6. steph

steph New Member

I've thought about getting my clit pierced, but I'm afraid to ...

7. Mystic

Mystic New Member

:whoa OUCH!! I would be too afraid of infections, tearing, or loss of feeling, or all kinds of other nasty things that could happen to such a delicate area. Seems interesting, but to me it just wouldn't be worth the risk :D

8. Kisses

Kisses New Member

I have my ears, industrial, cartilage, and tongue pierced. Love all of them. I have had my belly button and both of my tregas done, but they had to be taken out because they began migrating...sad times, I really didn't want to take them out. :( I've thought about getting others (like my nipples and/or nose), but then I think about it and chicken out.

I also have a tiny tatoo on my ankle of a cross- one I did myself, when I was being a stupid kid.

9. sweet_thing77

sweet_thing77 New Member

a few small tatoos and tongue, chin and ear piercings.

10. Rose

Gold Member

Oh, I also had my nose pierced wa-a-a-ay back when I was a teenager. I haven't had a ring in it in over 30 years - so it's grown back (with a small scar left).

11. Brian

Brian New Member

small tat just below my armpit...ouch

12. Thorn

Gold Member

Had my ear pierced a week ago when Rose did her b-button. ;)

May do a tat soon. :ugh

13. Rose

Gold Member

LOL - it's SO fun watching the look on our kids' faces when we show up with tatts and piercings. Payback's a bitch! :lol

14. Mystic

Mystic New Member

15. Shellen77

Shellen77 New Member

I've been seriously thinking about getting a tattoo, but I'm really scared of the pain. Another fear is that I won't like the design 20 years from now & I'm stuck with it.

16. Mystic

Mystic New Member

Neither of my tattoo's hurt at all. After awhile if he kept going over the same spot, it would get annoying, but it didn't hurt.

I thought the same thing about mine, so I got ones that I liked and weren't characters or something. I love cats, so my black cat was an easy choice. And I got a yin yang design because it never really goes out of style, and I like what it represents. I took a LONG time choosing my cat, I knew what I was going in for, but I wanted to make sure that I got exactly what I wanted. They were really friendly and helpfull, though I'm sure I drove them nuts :p

17. Brian

Brian New Member

Mine hurt like crazy but I have low body fat and it seemed like it was right on bone! I chose a tat that was meaningful to me and that reminded me of a turning point in my life..any addtl. tats I get will be relevant to my life and be a reminder of an event..Brian

18. Shellen77

Shellen77 New Member

You see that's my problem....I like a design for awhile & then I end up changing my flipping mind! I just can't afford to do that with my skin!

Right now, I'm really liking the Chinese characters. One of my good friends is Chinese, so hopefully he can help me find a good character that I like (good meaning & good look). I've heard so many horror stories how the person thought the character meant something important but it actually meant something terrible. I wouldn't be able to live with that!

19. columbus17

columbus17 New Member

I see your dilema, but's what important is what it means to you.

20. Shellen77

Shellen77 New Member

Well, that's what I meant by that. I guess I didn't word it very well. I'm looking at different Chinese characters & they're meanings. I want to make sure that the Character is not actually saying something that I don't want it to (offensive or just not what the internet is claiming), so I will ask my friend Jian to verify.