Tattoo Or Not Tattoo? That is The Question.

Discussion in 'General Sex Discussion' started by CuriousWifey, Apr 15, 2013.

1. CuriousWifey

CuriousWifey New Member

Ok so I have a question for everyone out there and I hope your answers will help shed some light on this topic for both me and my husband.

My husband wants me to get a tattoo that says:

"Property of (his name)"

and he will get a matching one.

He wants me to get it on the back of my neck behind my hair and he wants his on his inner forearm.
    I dont think its proper esp since we have 3 young daughters. (13, 10 & 6)

I told him id get his name just not the Property of part but he is having none of it. He says we've been married 15yrs and we both know neither one is going anywhere (true) so it still makes him very upset and angry with me for not getting it. I dont want him to feel that way, but I dont want that tattoo either, even tho I know he would get it and wants to.

What do you guys think?

2. MordsithLove

Gold Member

Its bad karma to have your SO's name tatted....

I would go for a star sign or some sort of symbology that has a significance between the two of you. It seems he may want the fun of display "his" and "hers" kind of thing.

But if he wants to have a tat that the both of you will always find meaning to, I would go for what I have mentioned....names are never good unless its family.

oh hey....my 1000th post :p

3. mrcock

Gold Member

don do that bullshit

congratulations mord

4. CuriousWifey

CuriousWifey New Member

I understand what your saying about the bad karma and honestly that doesnt bother me.
    The issue is he wants to put that "specific" phrase "property of" and I dont think its respectful, where as he thinks Im wrong for feeling that way.
    He thinks its disrespectful to him for me not wanting it...

5. mrcock

Gold Member

you gotta respect yourself, don't forget

6. MordsithLove

Gold Member

Hmmm well I do find it somewhat disrespectful in a sense. Its actually kinda immature if you ask me. I would try to convince him into something else, that phrase alone is just all playing games it seems.

If so, I'd just get each others name, initials or maybe have it written in a different language if he is so die hard to have "Property Of ------"

Tats are painful, and they're a hassle to remove...remind him that the two of you need to choose wisely, agree on something, or just not do it at all.

7. Meee

Gold Member

Very upset and angry? This isn't worth getting very upset and angry about, so I think there's more to the story. Does he get upset and angry easily? Is he very controlling?

8. kipro150

kipro150 Member

i vote a big 'no' for several reasons i cant articulate as well as mord

shouldnt it be romantic (something to look at and signify the relationship), if anything? and "property of" seems more...not romantic haha

plus his whole demeanor of "IT HAS TO SAY PROPERTY OF" kinda wierd

9. mrcock

Gold Member

back of your neck.........

gotta be for a doggy position.........

10. CuriousWifey

CuriousWifey New Member

No, he's not controlling...only when I want him to be ;) We have a very loving relationship. He's a great father to our kids. I told him I have no problem putting his name on me, I just don't like the phrasing...just wanted to see if I could get more insight from other on this.

11. Meee

Gold Member

But what do you think? Is this worth getting very upset and angry about? I think you should wait until you know the real reason he wants this so much.

12. lbushwalker

Gold Member

Firstly it is your body and if you don't want a tat then that is the end of it.
    Secondly nobody "owns" anyone else so that is pure crap.
    Thirdly on the back of your neck would be a real bad place other than something small and ornamental.
    It would be like having a rear number plate for heaven sake!
    There are way better ways of showing commitment to each other than by such disfigurement.

As an afterthought;
    His would be in a relatively concealed place but yours extremely prominent; does that sound fair to be adverising to the whole world that you are a mere chattel?

#12 lbushwalker, Apr 16, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2013
  13. backcheck64

Gold Member

Sounds like some insecurity.

I'd never want my wife to get ANY tattoo.

14. fireontheside

fireontheside Member

I'm thinking absolutely, 100%, no way. Do not get the tattoo. And I think mentioning that it's not good for your kids is a great idea. It's not really good for you, either.

15. Dragon_Fire

Gold Member

The "property of...." part is just plain creepy and raises alarm bells in me.

I agree here. Every time you wear your hair up it's going to be seen by everyone including loved ones. If have short hair, it's permanently on display. I'm also very concerned about the ownership message and the fact that as Meee as picked up on, that he got angry and upset about your hesistance.

16. Cappy_Dick

Gold Member

I personally don't want any tattoo's on my body ever. I don't overly mind a small tasteful tattoo on a woman, but a lot of them is a turn off for me.

He obviously saw this someplace. This doesn't sound like something he just dream up. Not only is it considered bad luck to have a name tattooed on you. I have only ever seen this done to submissives and the master/mistresses don't have matching ones.

honestly, I don't see the point. My ex wife pressured me to get a tat with her name on it. We had a good marriage at that point, since she ended up an ex, I am twice as glad that I didn't do it.

xx

17. Niteshift5

Niteshift5 New Member

I have been in the Tattoo business for a while now and have always discouraged clients about getting a wife/husband/girlfriend/boyfriends name on them. There is always a chance of the relationship going south and then they are stuck with a tattoo that reminds them of the other person. I have no problems with childrens names because they will always be your child.
    Just my 2 cents.

18. fireontheside

fireontheside Member

I like the idea of a tattoo artist REFUSING to do such a tattoo, on ethical grounds. I would actually be disgusted by any artist who agreed to do it. Something about "property of" is really sickening. If I was a tattoist I would never do it.

19. cygnus73

cygnus73 Member

It sounds like a terrible idea to me, and I have over 160 hours of tattoo work on me. There has got to be some kind of image that would mean something to both of you if you're really wanting to get tattooed. Just my opinion.

20. CuriousWifey

CuriousWifey New Member

Thanks everyone for your opinions. I appreciate the input. :)